Help! I need a patient for my dental hygiene board exam!

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Default Help! I need a patient for my dental hygiene board exam!

I am trying to move full time to our house in The Villages but I am still working on all the paperwork and exams to get my dental hygiene license in Florida. I am still working in Atlanta and have been a hygienist for 32 years but they want me to retake all my tests ... and I need a patient for my clinical board exam on Sunday, July 20. I will pay you for your time to travel to Gainesville (UF) for the 4 hour test. I will need to screen you to see if you have enough deposits on your teeth to clean. If you can help or know someone who can please contact me. I will also pay for your full set of xrays. Thank you so much!
Linda 770-365-5250
LindaRDH38@aol.com
Old 05-24-2014, 08:12 AM

I imagine there are a lot of people in The Villages that can hand you their teeth
Old 05-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Sage

My wife is a California RDH with 35 years experience and training way beyond Fla tooth scraper RDH's. She can't practice in Fla without getting re-certified in Fla to include taking the national board exam that she last took 35 years ago.

Did you have to take the national board exam again?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-25-2014, 05:25 PM

Chuck I sent you a PM it was far too boring for any one else to read. For anyone who might qualify to be my boards patient, I forgot to mention you cannot be allergic to latex. Please let me know if I can screen you - I have screened several people already and I am having a great time getting to know my fellow Villagers! No luck yet ... not enough tartar! Do not be embarrassed ... the more buildup on your teeth the more I will love you!
Old 05-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Sage

Regarding this......
"My wife is a California RDH with 35 years experience and training way beyond Fla tooth scraper RDH's."
We've lived in many other states and never, never go cheap on dentistry because we've suffered thru the old timers that ought to be shoeing horses and no more. The absolute best dental hygienists--not "tooth scrapers"--that we've had anywhere are young hygienists, trained in modern techniques, and working right here in The Villages.

Coming here and implying everybody outside one's home state is a hick or hayseed is not a good way to get good service providers.

Best wishes to the o.p. in continuing her career here in TV.

Last edited by ilovetv; 05-25-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsanborn View Post
I imagine there are a lot of people in The Villages that can hand you their teeth
You owe me a new keyboard.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Platinum member
Talking Just live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
My wife is a California RDH with 35 years experience and training way beyond Fla tooth scraper RDH's. She can't practice in Fla without getting re-certified in Fla to include taking the national board exam that she last took 35 years ago.

Did you have to take the national board exam again?

You can blame the whole process on accountants.

Decades ago Florida lawmakers started receiving complaints from various professionals, particularly from CPA's, that their occupations were being destroyed by the influx of retirees who came to Florida and set up business at cut rates. Having a retirement income, the retirees did not need to charge a living wage for their services, and while providing their services at cheaper rates they were damaging the income of professionals who had been in business in Florida all their lives.

So, it is protectionism, pure and simple, that forces outside professionals to re-qualify to Florida standards. Many retirees who don't really need the income simply decide not to go through all the testing that would be required to continue working in Florida. Those who really need the income will endure the inconvenience.

Before I was a federal agent I had been a deputy sheriff in Tampa. After twenty years as a federal agent I retired and returned to Tampa. The Sheriff asked me to go to work for him. With 25 years of combined local and federal law enforcement experience I had to go through the police academy to again become a certified law enforcement officer in Florida.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 AM

Good luck to you LuauLinda. As a hygienist myself since 1990, having practice in NH and now in CT, I was also looking into getting my RDH license in Florida. It seemed like such a complicated process, I may just decide to look for work as a dental assistant when we make the move to TV, thanks to my RDA license from California. I'm not sure if I'll need a "new dental assisting" certification in FL. And I know that I won't be paid as much but the difference between the two, is not so great in FL. And I love assisting as well. Wish I could help you but obviously, I am not a good candidate.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Sage

I think I've found Linda a patient! a grateful young woman supporting a family including a parent, two children and a sibling, who will thank Jesus for the opportunity.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.