hi from Belgium

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Wink hi from Belgium

Hi all

We are Frank ( aka Fox ) and Tania from Belgium, living in Ostende at the coast.
In about 2 years i retire and we are seriously thinking about spending 3 - 6 months per year at this great place called The Villages.

So we were wondering if there are more belgians ( dutch speaking from the flanders) living or having a property in The Villages.

So let it come, we are curious.....

Fox & Tania
Old 06-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,174 Times in 441 Posts
Default Hi Fox and Tania

not sure but if you come to the Villages, I know you will LOVE it....
Old 06-01-2012, 09:04 AM

Not me. I'm Bohemian.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Sage

Foxske,

Welcome to TOTV!

We are not from Belgium, but have visited your beautiful country, eaten some of it's fabulous fresh-made chocolate and waffles and drank some of it's delicious beer.

Bet you will find TV as easy to love. So, come on down!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Lived and worked in The Netherlands (Den Haag) for 6 years and visited your country anytime we were seeking excellent food (moules/fritts) (mussels and french fries).

I am aware of others in The Villages who also lived and worked in that area and am sure you would be more than welcome should you decide to make The Villages your part time home.

Best of luck with your decision.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Sage
Default please come!

i would love to meet you if you visit the villages...my dear late husband, georges lievens, was from haaltert and we had many nice times in oostende. we had a camper home in middelkirke before coming to florida in 1992. i would be interested in perhaps trading homes with you sometime for a few weeks...i am sure you would love the lifestyle here! i don't speak much flemish but i do speak french, which is how i was able to get acquainted with georges! we met in benidorm, spain! perhaps you have vacationed there...but The Villages is much more fun!
Old 06-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Veteran member

I was born in Den Haag and have visited Brussels several times however that was many years ago and I no longer speak Dutch. But I do still love the crapes.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

I took a year of Dutch but no longer remember much of it. From my studies 20 years ago of Dutch; it seemed like a lot of Dutch people know English. Heard that Dutch and Flemish are rather close languages.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:26 AM
Default thx

thx all for replying.
Its funny people do know our little country, and offcourse, frites & mussels , brussels wafles , crepes, our most famous chocolat and last but not least...yes the beer , belgium has the most beers in the whole world.
Chachacha.... middelkerke where you had the mobile home is only 3 miles from our place.
About the language : dutch and flemish are the same, however flemisch is the language spoken in the dutch speaking part of belgium ( yes we have a dutch speaking part, a french speaking part and even a small part where german is spoken ).
Most dutch speaking belgian are pretty good in english.
so , both my wife and me speak fluid dutch, french and english , my wife also speaks german and a bit of spanish. So easy to master languages when travelling the world.
Well, hope to meet you all if we ever come to TV
Old 06-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Sage
Default language groups

one thing you might enjoy here are all the various ethnic clubs and language groups....i participate in a french conversation group, spanish group and italian class...the german club is very large and has fun activities...please do notify us when you think you might come as i really would love to meet you and show you around! i had surgery in Helige Haart hospital years ago! brings back a lot of nice memories!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Default Hi From Belgium

Hi Rick and Tania,

Yes there are flemish speaking Belians (Proud American) in the Villages,
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.