Home sales

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolfe View Post
We are probably going to sell in 2011. This has probably been addressed in other threads, but here goes. Going with a non-Villages realtor has advantages as well as disadvantages. I would like to hear of experiences on either side, as a home seller. My understanding is that using the official realty office to sell can limit the potential buyers pool based on a "minimum age of buyer" stipulation. Any views are welcome!

There is no minimum age of buyer stipulation on resales regardless of inside or outside to my knowledge.

As long as the deed restrictions are enforced (no one under age 19 living on the premises). Heck even new sales are allowed to those less than 55.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:36 AM
twolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
There is no minimum age of buyer stipulation on resales regardless of inside or outside to my knowledge.

As long as the deed restrictions are enforced (no one under age 19 living on the premises). Heck even new sales are allowed to those less than 55.
It did not make any sense on what other folks were telling me...thanks.

The other "rumor" I am struggling with: Can outside realtors "show" re-sale listings from the official Villages realty company? (and conversely, can or will the official realtors show a listing from other companies to potential buyers?)
Old 08-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

The other "rumor" I am struggling with: Can outside realtors "show" re-sale listings from the official Villages realty company? (and conversely, can or will the official realtors show a listing from other companies to potential buyers?)
The answer to both those questions is no.

There are far more listings of resales on the official Villages site than there are on the MLS. Lyle Gant who advertises here has a great website with much information.

One thing to prepare for with a Villages agent...You WON'T be pressured.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Gold member
Default nope

Quote:

Outside realtors can only show MLS listings, not Villages resale listings or new stuff. And vice versa - Villages realtors can only show Villages listings and new construction. The Villages likely chose not to belong to the MLS and local board of realtors to keep control of new construction sales. Happens in other places too, in lots of states. Just a little more unusual that The Villages also has a resale arm. Who knows, once the Villages are built out, this may change.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacam View Post
You're not getting any younger. You've already lost those 4 years here !
I was not retired then. I Just retired this summer. I bailed out and now I will find a nice soft landing!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Gold member

In a word, no. TV sales reps show/sell only homes listed in the TV system. Conversely, realtors show/sell only homes listed in the MLS.

If you're looking for a resale home it's best to work with a TV rep as well as a realtor to see all homes of interest to you.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
Kentucky Blue did not indicate if they were new or resales but I think they were resales.
All were resales and many attractively priced.I was trying to find a home next to Gracie, but lucky for her,none available!!!!!!!!!As Mr. Buffett said,"price is what you pay,value is what you get."The value of living in TV is incalculable, so within the next 12 months the deals will be there, and at prices for every budget."The time to buy is when others are not that interested,you can't buy what is popular and do well".Just ask the people that bought in 2006.Since our national leadership ,from both parties, proves the old adage, "there is no statute of limitation on stupidity"don't bank on them for any help.Take the leap and don't put your happiness on hold .
Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
We are probably going to sell in 2011. This has probably been addressed in other threads, but here goes. Going with a non-Villages realtor has advantages as well as disadvantages. I would like to hear of experiences on either side, as a home seller. My understanding is that using the official realty office to sell can limit the potential buyers pool based on a "minimum age of buyer" stipulation. Any views are welcome!
Twolfe, why do you plan to sell in 2011? Do you plan to purchase a new home in The Villages? If that is the case, I would recommend you list with VLS with them knowing that when your place sells you'll be buying a new home. That is two commissions for them so they'll be more interested in moving your place. As long as you price it competitively, they'll move it quick for you.

If your plan is to leave The Villages or move to another preowned home, you're probably better off listing through MLS.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
twolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Ivy View Post
Twolfe, why do you plan to sell in 2011? Do you plan to purchase a new home in The Villages? If that is the case, I would recommend you list with VLS with them knowing that when your place sells you'll be buying a new home. That is two commissions for them so they'll be more interested in moving your place. As long as you price it competitively, they'll move it quick for you.

If your plan is to leave The Villages or move to another preowned home, you're probably better off listing through MLS.
We are moving out of the villages and don't need to buy elsewhere, already have a place up north.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Veteran member
Default Vls vs Mls

We were there in Oct 2009. Look at many VLS,MLS & FSBO. Found VLS steering us toward new homes. Both VLS & MLS not pushy. FSBO seemed to be overpriced. Looked at a premier home in Bridgeport @LS FSBO that was listed for $589,000 (their quote $45,000 below appraisal). Sold on 6-7-10 for $480,000 ($33,000 still on bond) by VLS. If I was selling I would list with with VLS for 6 months if they do not sell it move, to a MLS.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Oldcrabs View Post
We were there in Oct 2009. Look at many VLS,MLS & FSBO. Found VLS steering us toward new homes. Both VLS & MLS not pushy. FSBO seemed to be overpriced. Looked at a premier home in Bridgeport @LS FSBO that was listed for $589,000 (their quote $45,000 below appraisal). Sold on 6-7-10 for $480,000 ($33,000 still on bond) by VLS. If I was selling I would list with with VLS for 6 months if they do not sell it move, to a MLS.
I agree.

And this is off topic. I find that many of the more expensive resale homes I have seen are more "personalized". I have seen strong wall color,lot of pattern inserted into tile floors and surrounds, colored carpet and wall paper. I have seen lanai's enclosed, a plus for some but not for us. I saw a stacking washer and dryer in one of the Premiers and it looked like you would have to remove a wall to have the usual appliances there. Some are definitely a plus but most are things that would need to be changed to suit us. Some of the changes are easy and not expensive but for the same price OR MORE as a new home, you can see why people say, "Why bother?"
Old 08-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree.

And this is off topic. I find that many of the more expensive resale homes I have seen are more "personalized". I have seen strong wall color,lot of pattern inserted into tile floors and surrounds, colored carpet and wall paper. I have seen lanai's enclosed, a plus for some but not for us. I saw a stacking washer and dryer in one of the Premiers and it looked like you would have to remove a wall to have the usual appliances there. Some are definitely a plus but most are things that would need to be changed to suit us. Some of the changes are easy and not expensive but for the same price OR MORE as a new home, you can see why people say, "Why bother?"
We noticed the same thing(s) in our searches. Most of the pre-owned premiers and high end designers that we saw, would require a significant investment on our part, while new construction and more moderately priced resales, not so much. In many cases we could get more for less.

Last edited by BobKat1; 08-14-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 AM
Veteran member
Old 08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

If you go to many of the open houses like we do, you will also see "changes" that have been made to lower costs so they can lower the price of a home.
We own, a CYV, which we do not consider "lower end" as Kentucky Blue stated. We wanted to down size and maint. free. Price was not a factor in what we wanted vs bought.
But we have noticed small things like type light fixtures, door knobs, closet doors etc.

Army Guy
Old 08-20-2010, 01:57 PM

I really enjoy the exhange on this Thread, in particular the insite offered by Jim Joe and Kentucky blue. I was wondering if anyone has considered the effect of inflation. That is house prices lower, and wages and materials higher.
As far as the developer taking a loss on a house I don't believe that happens. It can happen to to a small builder, mainly because he has to pay a bank for a loan. But in the case of the developer, he is the bank ( in many ways).
Also keep in mind this generation is the most affulent ever, the baby boomer, I don't know if our children and grandchildren will be able to afford what we can as a group.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.