Home sales

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Banned

We started monitoring prices in 2004. The high came during 2006 and the low about 2 weeks ago. I looked into my Crystal ball and see a rise in pricing continuing from this date forward.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Gold member

In addition to the 549 resale homes listed on TV site, there are 219 new construction homes. Add in MLS and FSBO and there are a lot of homes for sale.

TV has not been immune to the downturn, but not as much as other areas due to its uniqueness large drawing area.

OTOH, it is definitely a GOOD time to buy if one can do it.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

And this is August, a month that has low sales everywhere in real estate.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Sage

I don't want to sound morbid or be a downer, but it is a fact of life. Since July 26, there are 25 obituaries in the TV Daily Sun newspaper with TV or Lady Lakes listed as the deceased's address.

Now considering the other reasons cited and also keeping in mind that not every death noticefor TV residents is placed in this one local newspaper, that is a lot of turnover so to speak of property in TV. It is a retirement community.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I don't want to sound morbid or be a downer, but it is a fact of life. Since July 26, there are 25 obituaries in the TV Daily Sun newspaper with TV or Lady Lakes listed as the deceased's address.

Now considering the other reasons cited and also keeping in mind that not every death noticefor TV residents is placed in this one local newspaper, that is a lot of turnover so to speak of property in TV. It is a retirement community.
I know my significant other and I are dying to get there.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Default Last Visit

I slipped into TV last weekend for a quick visit, i viewed 13 high end designers and premiers.Everyone of them will be sold at a loss, one gorgeous premier for a loss of $125,000, if they sell it at list price.It's a buyers market, AGAIN, and i'm buying.I hope the markets correct themselves soooooooooooooon, but with the leadership in Washington, good fricking luck!!!!!!! In the meantime, enjoy TV, it's the lifestyle and class of the residents that keep me coming back.
Sometimes on this board i feel alot of negative vibes from some of my post,don't blame me i'm just the messsenger. I told my psychiatrist that i feel everyone hates me.He said that was ridiculous..........everyone hasn't met me yet!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
Everyone of them will be sold at a loss, one gorgeous premier for a loss of $125,000, if they sell it at list price.
I doubt if the developer has EVER taken a real loss on any sale of a new home. Discount? Yes. Loss? No.

Resales are a different ballgame. Sometimes a seller has to take a loss to get out from under.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I doubt if the developer has EVER taken a real loss on any sale of a new home. Discount? Yes. Loss? No.

Resales are a different ballgame. Sometimes a seller has to take a loss to get out from under.
Kentucky Blue did not indicate if they were new or resales but I think they were resales.
I have noticed the same thing by watching the prices being reduced and then looking at the sales history of the home on the assessors website. Many homes that are being sold by a second owner are now being sold at a loss. There are a few "short sales" now too. Glad I waited when we started looking in 2006. I just retired this year so timing is good. Looks to me like prices are back to about 2004 levels. I heard an "expert" on CNBC say tonight there is another 20% drop coming.
My guess is 15% in TV at the most because the market is better there.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Veteran member

There may be another reason that no one has yet mentioned. We are statistically older as a community, so it just follows that our community will have a higher death rate that could lead to more homes on the market. But even so, my impression was that there were less homes for resale in TV than in other areas of Florida that we looked in before we bought here.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brostholder View Post
There may be another reason that no one has yet mentioned. We are statistically older as a community, so it just follows that our community will have a higher death rate that could lead to more homes on the market. But even so, my impression was that there were less homes for resale in TV than in other areas of Florida that we looked in before we bought here.
Post # 20 touched on the death issue but your probably right about less resales at the Villages then other areas. The set up there at TV is unique.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am glad that you haven't given up on us Kentucky Blue.

The homes that you are interested in which seem to be Premiers and more expensive designers are harder to sell. The more expensive homes in any market always have fewer potential buyers.

I view the resale homes every morning and the Premiers and decked out designers with a higher price tag stay on the market much longer than the less expensive homes. It is a buyers market on those homes but the buyer may have to sell his/her probably expensive home too.

Our Camellia, or ones very similar to it in lot size and interior embellishments, has gone up about three thousand dollars since we bought in June 2008.

But...it is great to hear that you are prowling around still looking. Hope that you find a place that is right for you.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-13-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:46 AM

You're not getting any younger. You've already lost those 4 years here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
I have been watching TV prices very carefully for the last 4 years. I almost bought a ranch for 239 they now for sale for 169.
Within the last year the number of houses for sale in TV has increased gradually. The prices of new homes has decreased.
I will not argue here the cause, but those are the trends I see.
TV market is stronger than most of the country, no question.
I am waiting for lower prices which will continue .
Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats2010 View Post
Post # 20....
I didn't realize (for three years!) that the posts were numbered. Guess that's why I not a detective
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 AM
twolfe
Default Dilemma on how to sell a home in TV

We are probably going to sell in 2011. This has probably been addressed in other threads, but here goes. Going with a non-Villages realtor has advantages as well as disadvantages. I would like to hear of experiences on either side, as a home seller. My understanding is that using the official realty office to sell can limit the potential buyers pool based on a "minimum age of buyer" stipulation. Any views are welcome!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.