Home watch services

Old 02-15-2024, 12:28 PM
Default Home watch services

Hi All,

Just closed on my home in Dabney in January. Was using Integrity First home watch but the gentleman is retiring. Any suggestions on a reasonable home watch service in the area?
Old 02-15-2024, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Usu they sell their books, I would ask. Our 2 companies can’t take on new clients, but someone will be able to pick up the house
Old 02-16-2024, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Joe Byers, Blue Line Services. Blue Line Services offers both private transportation services as well as home watch. We've used him several times for transportation to and from MCO and have found that with us at least he is 100% reliable: shows up on time (usually 5-10 minutes early) and gets us to our destination on time as well.

We haven't used Joe for home watch services but considering his reliability at providing transportation as well as the fact that he is an ex-cop, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use him in that role.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:46 PM
Default home watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Joe Byers, Blue Line Services. Blue Line Services offers both private transportation services as well as home watch. We've used him several times for transportation to and from MCO and have found that with us at least he is 100% reliable: shows up on time (usually 5-10 minutes early) and gets us to our destination on time as well.

We haven't used Joe for home watch services but considering his reliability at providing transportation as well as the fact that he is an ex-cop, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use him in that role.
How much per month do home watch services typically charge? I doubt we would have deliveries or anything like that but it might be worthwhile to have someone stop by once in awhile.
Old 02-27-2024, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

The Villages Community Watch offers a home watch service for a few dollars per week. They will walk around the house and check things, but they don't go inside.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:40 AM

Mike and Molly Home watch. http://www.mikeandmollyhomeservices.com/.
Facebook is Homewatch by Mike and Molly
Old 02-28-2024, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The Villages Community Watch offers a home watch service for a few dollars per week. They will walk around the house and check things, but they don't go inside.
IMHO not worth having a watch service if they do not go inside and check hvac and refrigeration.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellswor101 View Post
Hi All,

Just closed on my home in Dabney in January. Was using Integrity First home watch but the gentleman is retiring. Any suggestions on a reasonable home watch service in the area?
We have been using the Villages service for a year now. Hometown Property Management

We pay $100 a month. We live in Newell. This is the last report they emailed me.

I stopped in at your home today for an inspection. While I was there I ran all of the faucets, dishwasher and disposal. The lawn and landscaping are in good shape.The inside temperature was 68 and the AC is set to 80. The household water is off and all doors and windows are locked. There are no issues to report.

They also sweep, clean the rings in your toilet, run your irrigation. We let them know when we are coming and they have the house ready for us, and also when we leave they shut off the water, put out the garbage (if we leave any). They will also come and take in packages, and let contractors in to work, at no extra charge. Others will charge extra for that. We have had no complaints with them at all. Soon we will be full time and will not need the service any longer.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
We have been using the Villages service for a year now. Hometown Property Management

We pay $100 a month. We live in Newell. This is the last report they emailed me.

I stopped in at your home today for an inspection. While I was there I ran all of the faucets, dishwasher and disposal. The lawn and landscaping are in good shape.The inside temperature was 68 and the AC is set to 80. The household water is off and all doors and windows are locked. There are no issues to report.

They also sweep, clean the rings in your toilet, run your irrigation. We let them know when we are coming and they have the house ready for us, and also when we leave they shut off the water, put out the garbage (if we leave any). They will also come and take in packages, and let contractors in to work, at no extra charge. Others will charge extra for that. We have had no complaints with them at all. Soon we will be full time and will not need the service any longer.
Note that some people think that "Hometown Property Management" is owned and operated by The Villages. It is not. It is a private company and separate from The Villages.
Old 03-02-2024, 08:31 PM

We are extremely pleased with Relax Home Watch. I think they are excellent. We have peace of mind when we are up north. Highly recommend, but I don’t think they go north of Brownwood. But Dabney is not north of Brownwood.

Tags
home, watch, service, reasonable, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.