Homeless and On The Move To Villages Area

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 PM
Default Homeless and On The Move To Villages Area

Well after years of lurking on this site learning, laughing and wondering, my wife and I have decided to move to Florida. We have rented a Patio Villa Oct-Dec. We think that in this period of time we should be able to decide if the Villages is for us.

We will also be looking at Ocala where my wife sister lives and other 55+ communities. This is a big challenge for us but we are just throwing caution to the wind and go for it.

Now that the house has sold we our committed. Be there soon.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66vetter View Post
Well after years of lurking on this site learning, laughing and wondering, my wife and I have decided to move to Florida. We have rented a Patio Villa Oct-Dec. We think that in this period of time we should be able to decide if the Villages is for us.

We will also be looking at Ocala where my wife sister lives and other 55+ communities. This is a big challenge for us but we are just throwing caution to the wind and go for it.

Wow, you have two 66 Corvettes! And you sold your old home, without knowing where you're going to live for sure.

Methinks you've thrown caution to the wind before.

Welcome, 66vetter. Hope you love it here (or where ever you end up) as much as we do.

Last edited by Pturner; 07-24-2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Capitalize Corvettes.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage

Quote:

Best of luck to you in your search. From what I've heard, Oct. to Dec. weather in The Villages is very nice. I will be returning to TV in October, but only for 8 days, but 8 days is better than nothing...Explore and enjoy TV and all of Central Florida.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Sage

Welcome 66vetter. The best is yet to come!
Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Platinum member
Default Welcome!

Bet you never make it to Ocala or other 55+ areas!! Just saying---
Old 07-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Veteran member
Default 66 Vette

Quote:

Welcome 66 Vetter and wife. We hope you enjoy The Villages lifestyle as much as we do. You are Homeless?????....... Let's see,........................................... 1966 Vette rag top + "lake pipes".... NOW if that is all-origional+numbers matching with the 427/425 Big Block and the 4-speed ....well.... you could trade that Vette for a house in Ocala.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,172 Times in 441 Posts
Default Welcome welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Welcome 66 Vetter and wife. We hope you enjoy The Villages lifestyle as much as we do. You are Homeless?????....... Let's see,........................................... 1966 Vette rag top + "lake pipes".... NOW if that is all-origional+numbers matching with the 427/425 Big Block and the 4-speed ....well.... you could trade that Vette for a house in Ocala.

Time for a hijack:

Wish we still had our 63 Vette, no telling what we could buy with the revenues from that car!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 AM

Thank you all for the welcome responses. As far as the Vettes go the 06' will come down in October with us. The 66' will stay in storage until we find a home.
In a visit to the villages once three years ago it was during a weekend that the classic cars were on the square. Quite impressive.
got to get back to packing...
Old 08-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Default [Check4SPAM] RE: URL Attempt

Quote:
Thank you all for the welcome responses. As far as the Vettes go the 06' will come down in October with us. The 66' will stay in storage until we find a home.
In a visit to the villages once three years ago it was during a weekend that the classic cars were on the square. Quite impressive.
got to get back to packing...
Hi Vetter66,

My wife and I will be headed for FL in November. I will be retiring next April and we are going to have to decide whether to stay in AZ or move to FL. We will be checking out TV and other places in the Ocala area.

Congratulations on selling your house and good luck with your big move!

Perhaps we'll see you in November!

Last edited by davejanaz; 08-07-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Gold member

Nice Polo Green Vette.

We bought our 1995 new in 1995 and sold it in 1999 with 20,000 miles for $20,000.

We loved the color and had hoped it would come back someday.

Regretted selling it but after a few more cars we got a 2005 Thunderbird in 2005 and it now has 2,500 miles (not a typo) on the odometer and we love it even more than the Vette.

It's 1 of 82 in Inca Gold so the color is extremely rare and we like having a trunk and a top that goes down in seconds rather that wrenching off the glass roof we had on the Vette.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.