Are the homes and lots separate prices?

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Default Are the homes and lots separate prices?

I am a relatively new member (about 6 months). I have been mostly reading all the threads and soaking up the TV atmosphere. My wife and I came for a short LSP last May, - we could only spare 3 nights.

My question is about the home lots. On a separate thread, a discussion about lot prices and sizes gave me pause. I understand about higher prices for premium lot sizes and views. What I want to know is whether the lot is priced separately from the home. In other words, when I am looking at new homes for sale on the "Search New Homes" section of the TV website, does that price include the lot? Or is that just the price of the house, and I can expect to pay for the lot under it?

And if I buy a lot in advance to hold the location for a future home in TV, will the price of the house be less?
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Sage

The home prices you'll see when doing your search will include the price of the lot. That can be proven out by looking at similar homes that are in different settings: one on a golf course versus one on an interior lot. The prices in the search will be reflective of the different lots.

If you buy the lot in advance, the price you eventually pay for the house will be just that - the going amount for the house you have built at the time you build it.

Hope that helps!
Bill
Old 09-22-2010, 01:22 PM

Welcome --
it can be confusing in the beginning

if you see a home listed on the tv web as "recently built" these are speculation or maybe model homes --the price is set at what you see land and home inclusive .

Build your dream home section --prices could be different according to what you choose in the home and dependent on which lot you choose --there are many lots that have no premium and you home price is all you pay

good luck
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilver View Post
What I want to know is whether the lot is priced separately from the home. In other words, when I am looking at new homes for sale on the "Search New Homes" section of the TV website, does that price include the lot? Or is that just the price of the house, and I can expect to pay for the lot under it?

And if I buy a lot in advance to hold the location for a future home in TV, will the price of the house be less?
When you see homes on "Search New Homes" that is the total price (no negotiation) including lot, home, landscaping etc.

If you place money to hold a lot (depending on lot you can hold for 3-12 months - that IS negotiable if you push) the home is priced separately. For example: My lot is about 25K, my Begonia is priced separately based on what I chose for the interior, stretches etc. mine came to about 245K.

They have this down to a science. Just ask your agent and s/he will explain it all and give you some ideas of what to expect.

Russ
Old 09-22-2010, 02:03 PM

Thank you all for clearing up my confusion about lot pricing. My wife and I are still about 1.5-2.5 years away from retirement but we'll probably be down in TV again next May to fire up our enthusiam even more than it is. And to check out the new Brownwood section that has started.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Sage

Just a note for you - Brownwood is the general area south of 466a. There will be many, many Villages each with their own name in that section. Home building in that area is still about 9-12 months away.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Veteran member

If you see a home on TV web site it can usually be built on a similar lot for the same price. Maybe even less if you don't want some of the features in the home shown.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:53 PM

We arranged to build our home in Buttonwood last week and we are scheduled to close December 3. We looked at 3 different lots with lot premium prices of $7,000, $4,000 and $1,000, respectively. We would probably have chosen the $7,000 lot but unfortunately it was only a 60 x 90 lot and it wouldn't accommodate an extended lanai which my wife thought was necessary. So we opted for the $1,000 lot and saved $6,000 and got a
2' stretch on the lanai.

As RB pointed out, you'll have no worries. Your TV rep will guide you through the process and it will all make sense. In fact, it is well-organized and exceptionally efficient. The difficulty will be in making your color, lighting, hardware, etc. selections.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Sage

Hi Alsilver,

On a related note, the TV sales office has a good reputation for helping you find what you want within your budget. If you prioritize your needs and wants for the home and home site, your sales agent will work with that. If not, you can ask for another one. Most of them though, are patient, work diligently to meet your needs, don't try to up-sell you and don't try to rush your decision.

Best wishes in finding your dream home here. Please keep us posted on your progress.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.