Hoosiers coming for a visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Default Hoosiers coming for a visit

My wife and I have rented a home for the month of May 2016. We are from Indiana and are coming to experience the lifestyle. We briefly visited for one day in January. We were impressed by what little we saw and experienced that day. We have spent a lot of time reading on TOTV and The Villages web-site. We no longer plan to spend winter in the north. Our plan is to use the month of May to determine whether we want to make TV our permanent home.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:15 AM

From one fellow Hoosier to another welcome.... From Marion IN...
Old 02-29-2016, 10:21 AM

We live in Monticello.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,479 Times in 549 Posts

My husband and I moved here permanently last May from the Indianapolis area and have not regretted it. I was, however, surprised that Jan/Feb could be quite nippy. While you are here in May, evaluate not only TV lifestyle and opportunities, but take some day trips to Daytona Beach, Homosassa State Park, Crystal River, and any beach on the Gulf side of the state. We found that living in TV wasn't only about TV but the easy accessibility of all the other great places to see in FL.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

We are also from Indiana, West of Indy. We sold our house last Summer in Indiana and bought in The Village of Collier right across the street from Brownwood. We love it. We made several visits over the past 5 years to TV. We are moving full time from Indy at the end of this Summer. Would be glad to share our knowledge we have learned over the past 5 years if you would like, just Private Message me. Best of luck to you.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Gold member

While you are here you would be welcome to join other Hoosiers at the

INDIANA FRIENDS CLUB OF THE VILLAGES

WE MEET EVERY THIRD WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH AT
ROHAN RECREATION CENTER

ALL HOOSIERS ARE WELCOME

TO JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE INFORMATION
ABOUT CLUB ACTIVITIES CONTACT US AT

VillagesINFriends@gmail.com

Last edited by Indy-Guy; 02-29-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
My wife and I have rented a home for the month of May 2016. We are from Indiana and are coming to experience the lifestyle. We briefly visited for one day in January. We were impressed by what little we saw and experienced that day. We have spent a lot of time reading on TOTV and The Villages web-site. We no longer plan to spend winter in the north. Our plan is to use the month of May to determine whether we want to make TV our permanent home.

Any suggestions are welcome.
In no particular order:
1. Take the trolley tour from LSL.
2. Visit all of the squares.
3. Drive a golf cart around TV and explore.
4, Visit the Eisenhower Rec Center and Rohan Rec Center, (shows the history of TV).
5. Most of all, talk to anyone and everyone. Almost everyone loves to talk of their experiences in TV.
6. Have fun but don't try to do everything all at once.
7. May is pretty hot so always drink plenty of water.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

My Grandmother lived in Kokomo, IN and I have fond memories of several visits as a young boy. I definitely remember viewing the largest known Steer in the park. My wife and I made a special trip to Kokomo about 10 years ago just to see the Steer. It is still there under glass now because of vandalism. If my Grandmother was alive today, I would ask her "Grandma what the heck is a Hoosier"? LOL

One of my best friends is from Evansville, IN. Enjoy your visit to TV. You will not get any pressure from TV Sales Representative to buy as this place sells itself.

Tags
day, plan, month, home, coming, web-site, longer, villages, totv, lot, time, reading, permanent, spend, spent, determine, winter, north, make, indiana, experience, lifestyle, rented, visit, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.