Hoping to Move to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankg42 View Post
Forgot to mention... our preview visit is scheduled for the week of 7/14. Can't wait!
Welcome Hank & Jackie,,, Love your dawg... another NY'er here, by way of Los Angeles.

Your preview timing is perfect. Our monthly gathering at Crispers is the 3rd Friday of every month where you can meet a lot of newbies and oldies to ask all the questions you want and to see what a fun group we are. In July it will be July 18. That's 3pm at Crispers on CR 466 and 101 in the Southern Trace Shopping Center. Hope you can make it.

Let us know if you need better directions or more information.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Veteran member

Hank and Jackie,

Welcome to TV! You are in for such a wonderful ride!

Our first visit was December 2011 for 3 days. We were several years for retiring - both in our early to mid 50's. Next visit was July 2012 - had NO plan on buying....walked out of a perviously owned home and fell in love with it.

We are owners of a lovely home and the folks we bought from are our home watchers and true and loving friends!

While we are still a year or two away from our forever home, we look forward to our visits in our forever home!

The folks are genuine and kind and we are so very blessed to have found this place.

Please promise to let us know how your visit was.

Sign me.....Blessed2BNTV
Old 06-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
DON'T START, Dougbee!
Moi?
Old 06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Moi?
Yes I believe she is talking about you
Old 06-03-2014, 08:04 AM

Thank you, all.

Looks like I have to learn a few "inside stories" as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:56 AM

Oh, that's great! I envy all the people who have had the chance to visit the Villages or will be soon! We hope to move to the Villages too!

I am also a native New Yorker (but living in Buffalo NY......on the other side of the state from you)! I can't wait to do the preview plan in October 2014. We have booked our flights and I am just waiting for the "window" to open so that I can make my reservations to visit there Oct 10th. I guess you can't reserve a spot until 3 months ahead.

I am probably the OLDEST LIVING "WANNABE VILLAGER" alive today! I started reading about the "Concept" of a place they wanted to build up in Florida and envisioned it to be a great retirement/golf community some day! It would be called The Villages! (It was an article in some magazine........like LIFE, or one of those). That was back in 1985 when I was in my 20's! By 1990 or thereafter, the first town was built.......and people started moving down there.

I loved the concept of what they hoped this community would be someday; I came home from work that day in 1985, and told my husband that I KNEW where I wanted to retire someday! He laughed at me and thought I was nuts (since I was only 25 years old), but I loved their "vision" and what they planned on building down there..........and I have followed it since then in magazines, write-ups, VHS tapes, brochures and DVDs! After almost 29 years, I am finally going to get to SEE it for the first time in OCTOBER of this year! Woohoo!

Hubby is retiring in December and I am retiring next May.........so 11 months and counting....YAY!

I hope everyone logs on after their trips to let all of us know what they thought of TV! I can't wait to see it in October!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM

Come on down! You simply can not comprehend how great it is here from reading about it. You must experience it for yourself. Our kids laugh at us for talking about how much fun we have just going places in our golf cars. It's fun --and there are so many reasons to get out, and places to go! We have planned to move here for years and finally just did it! Welcome!

Old 06-05-2014, 11:39 AM

Funny thing is, I can't exactly remember where I first heard of The Villages. It was in the last 6 to 8 months, I know that. We were in Florida on a short vacation in January, and took a ride over. It was pouring rain, so we didn't see much. We visited the information center, and started doing research. So far, everything is positive. In July, we'll narrow down our housing search to a "few" different models, so when the time comes, it will be easier to select from just those. We'll experience some of the activities that interest us, and talk with some residents. We are SO looking forward to it!

Last edited by Hankg42; 06-06-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.