House is Listed!

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Gold member

We came to TV in Jan.; purchased our lot in mid Feb. and listed our house for Sale or Lease right away.

Got a fairly decent offer then we countered them midway of the difference plus 2K and they came up 5K and held. At 10K difference we decided we were done and told them so.

Waiting to hear back with a credit report and down payment from a really nice family that wants to rent it which would actually work out better for us.

Either way we are coming to TV next week to continue the process with the Design Center so we can move forward.

Selling or renting your house is a pain especially having to leave when showing.

Good luck to all.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default another thought

...When we sell, I not only take the pets out but also any evidence that they live there....to me my dogs are family to someone else they just might see them as dirty!!!

Also, to you who have had their home on the market..... another strategy (I have gotten this from being on TOTV waaaay tooo long) is to offer a bonus, under the table money to the Realtor that brings the sale. This worked for my daughter....she got many, many people through...which is annoying ...but the Realtors were motivated and you can't sell without people going through the place.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet92 View Post
We listed our house yesterday and so the ball is moving! No idea how long it may take to sell so we just sit back and hope for the best. Nearly twenty years in one place is something we have never done at any other time in our lives and didn't think we would be moving again. But then we experienced TV's and the wheels began to turn. So we look forward to meeting and greeting many that are on this List if we make it to Florida sometime this year.
USNRet~Dave
Ebsmom~Bev
Another "good luck" message from a TV wannabee. Hope your home sells soon and you can be in TV in 2012.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Having our first showing tomorrow. It is crazy keeping the house perfect when you have multiple dogs. Good luck I hope you sell quickly!
Good luck to you, JSR22. Hope your home sells quickly.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Houses have to look good, smell good, and sound good. They must be competitively priced. Paint the house neutral colours. Pack up 97% of your personal possessions. Clean out your closets. Play soft music in the background. Clean the windows and open up all the drapes. Simmer cinnamon in water on the back burner of the stove. Take any dogs for a walk during showings, and never follow prospective purchasers around. What you perceive as a positive may be the kiss of death for someone else.

Your house will only sell if it is better than similar houses in your neighbourhood. It's called pricing your home at market value (also known as "giving my house away" by owners).

I remember an owner in The Villages telling me that they had seen a black panther in their back yard on two separate occasions (they backed on a wildlife preserve). A postive in her eyes, the kiss of death for us!
A panther in the back yard would also be a deal breaker for me.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
We're in there with all of you too.. our house was just listed Tuesday, agents' open house was yesterday. Some prospective buyers were here for an hour yesterday and really liked the house but decided our driveway was too steep and the master bedroom too small. There will be an open house here Sunday.
Like most of you we have priced the house lower than we expected due to the market and our willingness to move down to TV. Good luck to us all!
ducati1974 -- Hope your house sells soon. Love that Virginia Trace location -- so close to Lake Sumter Landing!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyarbie View Post
We had been coming to TV for about 5 years just for a weekend or a vacation and fell in love with it. Our house sold very quickly in less than 4 months. Keep positives thoughts about it at all times. NEVER be home when someone comes ,buyers never feel comfortable with that and be prepared to leave quickly if someone calls for a second look. Never leave pets home if possible when it is showing either. We followed all of those rules and it worked for us. We move to TV and close in April. Good luck!!
mrsyarbie -- Good luck with your upcoming closing and moving to TV. Hope everything goes smoothly!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Good luck to all our fellow home listers! I have decided once we sell, I amgoongt to have one day not making the bed, cleaning the showers and perfecting! It looks damn good though!
Can' wait to be there and "talk".
(btw ... Thinking of getting a St. Joseph statue, worked in CA!)
Old 03-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
A panther in the back yard would also be a deal breaker for me.
This happened to us at a FSBO (private sale) on San Marino Drive in TV. The owner thought the panther was the best selling feature of the home! (Not when you have a little dog.)
Old 03-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
This happened to us at a FSBO (private sale) on San Marino Drive in TV. The owner thought the panther was the best selling feature of the home! (Not when you have a little dog.)
I would be afraid to walk out in my back yard and meet Mr. or Ms. Panther. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Sitting in the Library

Our first showing is this afternoon. The dogs are at the grooming Spa and we are at the library. We went out to lunch and the oddest thing happened. The change from our check had 2 Florida Quarters!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.