How will golf carts cross the Turnpike to the new villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Sage

If TV goes far enough North, my brother owns the ferry house across the Parker River in Newbury MA. Original part of the house goes back to 1650.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 05-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Platinum member

I don't see it mentioned here, but I believe on the first page in today's DS a comment was made the a tunnel would be built to connect the Villages on either side of the turnpike.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I don't see it mentioned here, but I believe on the first page in today's DS a comment was made the a tunnel would be built to connect the Villages on either side of the turnpike.
You made me go look.

In the 'C' section of today's paper, there is a comment about... "a land purchase of 52 acres at Morse Boulevard for a possible bridge across SR 44."

Then right next to it, is a comment about also... "purchasing 359 acres just south of Buena Vista Boulevard that could provide access to the Villages of Fenney and Southern Oaks via a tunnel under Florida's Turnpike."

Soo, I guess that tells us what the developer is thinking...as of now anyway.

Good catch!
Old 05-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
You made me go look.

In the 'C' section of today's paper, there is a comment about... "a land purchase of 52 acres at Morse Boulevard for a possible bridge across SR 44."

Then right next to it, is a comment about also... "purchasing 359 acres just south of Buena Vista Boulevard that could provide access to the Villages of Fenney and Southern Oaks via a tunnel under Florida's Turnpike."

Soo, I guess that tells us what the developer is thinking...as of now anyway.

Good catch!
a correction or clarification by our paper today "The Villages is exploring the possibility of a mult-modal bridge over the Florida Turnpike." I am happy to hear we are taking the high road!

Last edited by twoplanekid; 05-16-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
a correction or clarification by our paper today "The Villages is exploring the possibility of a mult-modal bridge over the Florida Turnpike." I a happy to hear we are taking the high road!
That, in my mind at least...makes more sense.

Thanks for the tip on the correction.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
a correction or clarification by our paper today "The Villages is exploring the possibility of a mult-modal bridge over the Florida Turnpike." I am happy to hear we are taking the high road!
Thanks for that. I corrected my Post #27.

Last edited by champion6; 05-16-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:05 AM

All good things come to those that wait!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:38 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default High Road

Quote:
If they build a bridge for golf carts, I would like to propose ( "they" surely read our comments on TOTV) that the bridge is built at least 4 ft wider for safety reasons. Although I don't go across the Lake Sumter Landing or US 441 bridges often, they just are too narrow IMHO.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
If they build a bridge for golf carts, I would like to propose ( "they" surely read our comments on TOTV) that the bridge is built at least 4 ft wider for safety reasons. Although I don't go across the Lake Sumter Landing or US 441 bridges often, they just are too narrow IMHO.
Lordy, I hope not!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:37 AM

Use the same ramp Evil Kenevil used to cross Snake River Canyon. No wait, that didn't work out so well did it?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:51 PM

Carefully .......................... very, very carefully. :-)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:26 PM

Not fair, How many people out there would actually know what a Bailey bridge is and how easy it is to set up?
Old 06-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtop View Post
Not fair, How many people out there would actually know what a Bailey bridge is and how easy it is to set up?
Hi Ragtop,

Bailey bridge is not a type of bridge. It refers to an existing bridge.

I assume “Bailey” was/is the name of the property owner at the time the bridge was constructed to provide access across the turnpike

TV now owns the land on both sides of the turnpike where this bridge is located. It would make good business sense to first try to utilize that bridge if it were feasible.

Here is a link to the bridge, zoom out to see where it is located.

Google Maps

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 06-13-2017, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

In a constructive manner can someone tell me what the safety measures will be in place to contain the items that may possibly be ejected from any vehicle or person onto vehicles on the Turnpike?

I do believe that tunnels would be much better, maybe not as easy but better if done properly.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
In a constructive manner can someone tell me what the safety measures will be in place to contain the items that may possibly be ejected from any vehicle or person onto vehicles on the Turnpike?

I do believe that tunnels would be much better, maybe not as easy but better if done properly.
First, architects and civil engineers worry about and successfully design these things.

Second, the golf cart bridge over 441 has simple walls on the sides. I never hear/read about things falling to the vehicles below.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, turnpike, golf, carts, cross

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.