I am coming to TV on 11/10 to look at properties. Where are some good locations?

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Spend a couple of weeks to see how well you like the area. Don't buy on your first trip.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Websurf over to youtube.com and type in the villages, florida and watch a bunch of the video clips before you come! Some of the clips are a hoot and others are professionally done by the villages and television shows like cbs and the golf channel.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:57 PM

What I did was get a 5 dollar map then find the area close to what you like squares whatever. Next find what you think is the worst. You will probably be surprised how little difference there is. We bought in Lake Deaton.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Most people don't go to the squares that often, after they have been here, for several months. A newbie might tend to think they will live at the squares, but that doesn't turn out to be the rule.
I sure do agree with that post.
When we purchased in 2007, we thought proximity to The Squares was extremely important.
I love the vibe of The Squares, but we usually only visit maybe once a month, more if we go to a movie or meet friends there for dinner.
We always say "We should spend more time at The Squares", but unless we have company, or Rocky and the Rollers are playing, we rarely go.
We live close to Southern Trace Plaza so we have a choice of good restaurants.
And there is so much great stuff to do in each neighborhood.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekcormn View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice.
I am lucky I came back in to to check for responses because I expected to be notified via email. Not true. This is a tricky website to maneuver.
I do have a rental car. No golf car and not in the Lifestyle program.
They said I could stay in a 2 bedroom Villa or at the Waterfront. When I said I wanted a Lake view, they said I could contact the hotel directly for that which I did at a rate of $111 per night as opposed to the $150 a nite they wanted. I told them I booked it and when I would be there and they said I had to book the hotel thru their office to participate in the Lifestyle program and they never told me that and they won't give me the free golf car and whatever else was free. I am ticked off at them to be honest.
There is a reason TV charges 150 rather than the 111 that the hotel charges. The extra includes a golf cart, access to all amenities, free golf, and other benefits. I don't think they were deliberately deceptive but just did not explain the program so that you understood the difference.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Sage

four days is not very long but watch the singles thread, we just might be doing something or could organize a little lunch one day....have done that lots of times!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:26 PM

i will take your advice ... Lake Miona looks just as close to all 3 squares that you can get.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 PM

Thanks, Not going to play golf. Really need to concentrate on find a place. I may need to rent a place until I find what I want. But that is expensive.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:29 PM

Thanks ! I will look for you.
Hope I recognize you !
Old 10-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Thanks I will get the tour bus for sure !!
Old 10-16-2014, 07:31 PM

Thanks Dr
Old 10-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Platinum member

To keep this discussion moving, you might ask what "nuisances" should I be aware of and wish to avoid? For example some villages are closer to the railroad tracks than others and the train whistle especially at night might become an annoyance. Some streets are much busier than others. Proximity to a rec center might seem attractive until you're awakened every morning by the sounds of pickle ball. Proximity to a country club might include more noise than you'd care for. I'm sure I've just scratched the surface and that others could add to this list of annoyances.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:21 PM

Hello-
My husband and I just went to TV for the first time in September, and are closing on a house in Lake Deaton next week. I agree with the other posts that you need to go into the neighborhoods and houses. We thought our issue would be finding a house, but it was much more about the location (we wanted some privacy) whereas we quickly figured out we wanted a Gardenia model. We left without purchasing, but one of the ones we liked finally had a price reduction and we snapped it up. We are not moving there for several years, and are putting it up for a unfurnished long term lease. That might also be the best route for you as it allows you to really live in TV and get comfortable with where you want to buy. Many of the people we met in the neighborhoods and restaurants have moved at least once since they bought in TV, and said they wished they had leased for a year or so. We had planned on doing that too, but the house we picked was just perfect so we grabbed it. Best of luck to you. Check out thevillages4rent as there might be an option for you.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
To keep this discussion moving, you might ask what "nuisances" should I be aware of and wish to avoid? For example some villages are closer to the railroad tracks than others and the train whistle especially at night might become an annoyance. Some streets are much busier than others. Proximity to a rec center might seem attractive until you're awakened every morning by the sounds of pickle ball. Proximity to a country club might include more noise than you'd care for. I'm sure I've just scratched the surface and that others could add to this list of annoyances.
And make sure you keep a good distance from the sewage treatment plants.

One bit of research you can do before leaving home is to call reputable insurance agents and ask if there are any villages where they are not providing sinkhole insurance. That is, if sinkhole insurance is important to you.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Veteran member

What are looking for? new - only spec houses now, near what - a lot of shopping along 466 - library? life long learning college? squares have entertainment but shops are sort of vacation boutiques, and a few resturants. Clubs meet all over - swiming pools , some villages are large and pools are crowded - ask about the Bond?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.