Itinerary for one day visit

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2023, 02:04 PM
Default Rec Center Activities

I suggest when you get in any Rec Center to pick up the The Villages Recreation and Parks magazine that contains Clubs, Lifestyle Events, and Recreation Activity Schedule.
It will give you an overview of what is available for THAT week!
Take it home with you to peruse at your leisure.
Old 01-24-2023, 02:57 PM

Not sure if its been suggested yet, but there are, or was several apps for the villages you can download for GPS. I use the version you pay for ($7) which lists all the places you'd need to navigate the villages entities. VillagesGPS
Old 01-24-2023, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,310 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Go to "Lake Sumter Town Square". Plan a visit when "Rocky and The Rollers" are playing in the square.
Talk to people as far as how they like "The Villages" now especially as "The Morse Clan" refuses to stop selling more homes which definitely is making "The Villages" way overcrowded North of CR-44 making it more difficult to go to a restaurant for dinner.
Trust, me... You won't find those people among those out and about, having fun...

They'll be home, complaining on ToTV...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-24-2023, 04:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
Thank you all for all of the ideas. I'm writing them all down and busy doing some research on them.

Do any of the rec centers have a solid free weight area in addition to the machines?
The Regional (larger) rec centers have an attached gym. Every one I've been to has free weights... Not "Golds Gym" quality/quantity, but they have them...

There is an additional fee to use them (daily/weekly/monthly/yearly...)

-Tom Petty
Old 01-24-2023, 04:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJohn View Post
Not sure if its been suggested yet, but there are, or was several apps for the villages you can download for GPS. I use the version you pay for ($7) which lists all the places you'd need to navigate the villages entities. VillagesGPS
Great tip. But i'd get the free one ("The Villages", a green tile with a big "V"), for now... It has enough info for a short visit. I used the free one at first, but now prefer the $7 one...

-Tom Petty
Old 01-24-2023, 04:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,629 Times in 955 Posts

Quote:
Thank you all for all of the ideas. I'm writing them all down and busy doing some research on them.

Do any of the rec centers have a solid free weight area in addition to the machines?
Here’s a map of the rec centers
https://www.districtgov.org/departme...pdf?v=20220624

A few have weights, i think 3 or 4.
There is a decent private gym in Brownwood and Spanish Springs (I think).
Old 01-24-2023, 07:29 PM

There may be trolleys leaving from the Squares of Brownwood, Lake Sumter, and Spanish Springs. They can give you a little history and a view of each area. Go to a couple of open houses in different price ranges. What are your interests? Do you golf, play cards, bike, dance, tinker, or do you like driving a golf cart around? We contacted a realtor with The Villages and Peggy showed us some new homes in our price range. She should have asked us what our sq ft range was. No basements here and closets are tiny. She suggested a lifestyle visit and we came back for a week and did more “homework”.

It is easy to get lost in The Villages. I think they design it that way. Get or take a tour so you can ask questions and don’t get lost.

If you are just bumming around, go to one of the Squares in the evening or for happy hour. Sawgrass Grove near Ezzell Rec Center is a neat experience and eatery in the new development area in the south. Hospitals are primarily in Spanish Springs(N) and Leesburg(S).
Old 01-24-2023, 08:06 PM
Default Choose wisely with limited time!

My plan for you.
Have breakfast at Flying Biscuit in Lake Sumter Landing. Eat outside and PEOPLE WATCH. Walk around and enjoy the shops and scenery. Then drive around LSL and view the water.
Grab a table at Lighthouse for a drink and light lunch. Head south to Brownwood Paddock Square. Enjoy the sights . Music starts at 5. Grab a drink special and people watch. Get up and dance!!! Plan on dinner at Prima. Sit outside. Enjoy all the music. This is a full day.
You should check out Eisenhower Rec center. Very interesting. Just tell them you are looking to buy in the future.
Peak in at some of the classes.
Good luck. You will not be bored here . Only you can make it boring! There are 3000 special clubs and classes…
Good luck😊
Old 01-25-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Take a trolley tour. It's a sales pitch but gives you an idea of what TV looks like. They leave at specified intervals from Brownwood.
The trolley only travels south of 44 now. I wouldn’t waste time with it on a one day trip.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburesh View Post
I recommend taking the trolleys all over the Villages as you will be able to see the whole area. You really need more than 1 day to check it out so you could participate in some of the amenities & see the Rec Centers & facilities. Give me a call @ 513-222-2981 & I will be happy to help you in several ways.
The trolley only travels to south of 44 now to see the new areas. No other trolleys run.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsondm View Post
There may be trolleys leaving from the Squares of Brownwood, Lake Sumter, and Spanish Springs. They can give you a little history and a view of each area. Go to a couple of open houses in different price ranges. What are your interests? Do you golf, play cards, bike, dance, tinker, or do you like driving a golf cart around? We contacted a realtor with The Villages and Peggy showed us some new homes in our price range. She should have asked us what our sq ft range was. No basements here and closets are tiny. She suggested a lifestyle visit and we came back for a week and did more “homework”.

It is easy to get lost in The Villages. I think they design it that way. Get or take a tour so you can ask questions and don’t get lost.

If you are just bumming around, go to one of the Squares in the evening or for happy hour. Sawgrass Grove near Ezzell Rec Center is a neat experience and eatery in the new development area in the south. Hospitals are primarily in Spanish Springs(N) and Leesburg(S).
The trolley only runs out of Brownwood now to tour south of 44. No other trolleys came back after Covid.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
What would be a good sample itinerary for a one day visit to The Villages?
Go to the nearest swimming pool and check out all the beautiful people there. Then walk around one or two squares at supper time and later........because with ONLY ONE day there is no point watching a softball game ( unless you are INSANELY devoted to softball). Same with tennis or pickleball or ANYTHING that you also have at home. Not much point in going to a restaurant or a bar, which you also have at home. You could get a map at a recreational center and a schedule of sports, activities, and clubs just to read at home. You could drive around a little bit also.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
Drive around and see if you like the landscaping, easy of getting to stores, etc. You are trying to decide if you want to make a return trip or not. I can see a stop at the sales office for a couple of hours as a must. You are not so much interested in the different homes but what the life style will be and the sales person should be able to give you an over view.
I would stay clear of all salespeople. Just a waste of precious time. Contact them by mail or phone IF.....IF you like the place when you look around. And read this Forum for at least 6 months.
Old 01-30-2023, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Update: We did our day visit and we have decided that we need to do a lifestyle visit in the future. We were able to drive through Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing - we liked what we saw! We visited Eisenhower Rec Center - beautiful and well done. We popped into another rec center (can't think of the name) but it was a regional and had a nice gym area. We parked in Brownwood Square, explored a bit and had the chance to grab a cup of coffee at Scooples before we took a Trolley tour out to the newest section. We saw the Sawgrass area. Afterwards, we dropped by another rec center, saw some of the model homes and walked around a bit. Then it was time to get on the road. TV is beautiful, clean, well maintained, lots to do and the people all seemed relaxed and very nice. It was a great first impression. We saw a fair amount but there is a lot more to see so we will need to plan that lifestyle visit. Thank you all again for the tips and the advice. Can't wait to come back!
Old 01-31-2023, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Update: We did our day visit and we have decided that we need to do a lifestyle visit in the future. We were able to drive through Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing - we liked what we saw! We visited Eisenhower Rec Center - beautiful and well done. We popped into another rec center (can't think of the name) but it was a regional and had a nice gym area. We parked in Brownwood Square, explored a bit and had the chance to grab a cup of coffee at Scooples before we took a Trolley tour out to the newest section. We saw the Sawgrass area. Afterwards, we dropped by another rec center, saw some of the model homes and walked around a bit. Then it was time to get on the road. TV is beautiful, clean, well maintained, lots to do and the people all seemed relaxed and very nice. It was a great first impression. We saw a fair amount but there is a lot more to see so we will need to plan that lifestyle visit. Thank you all again for the tips and the advice. Can't wait to come back!
The hook has been set... Time to reel them in!

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
itinerary, day, visit, good, sample

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.