Just got our Design appt booked!!

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Gold member
Default Just got our Design appt booked!!

We were one of the last 22 custom build contracts to obtain a design appt.

We put our $7500/ contract in on June 02, so technically we have until Dec2 to Design and give them our 20%.

We were coming to Fl to spend Thanksgiving with family so we wanted to do it during that trip. We have already bought our flights and felt good about it all working out until they cut Design appts to only Mon and Tues as they were wrapping up the custom build option.

That's when I really started to worry, with tickets booked we did not have any wiggle room. It had to be Nov25,26.

Ours SA texted me this morning that we are booked!!
Hurray!!

We are so excited to design this home and start this new chapter of our lives!
All the stars aligned!! And to think we visited in May just to cross The Villages off our list of possibilities, with no intention to buy! Now here we are fast forwarding all our retirement plans, like I know many of you have!!

We feel very fortunate!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Gold member

Good luck to you. A little advise. Be prepared to make a lot of decisions. It tool us 3 1/2 days to do our design. Sometimes fun sometimes not so much but worth the effort.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Sage

hurray for you! I did design ending dec 31. moved apr 2. pm if you need any support.
Kitty
Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Default Design Appt

Dotti105-
So you were able to confirm your target dates in November? Or have you decided to move up the dates of your design meeting to match a Mon - Tue?

I am one of the last 22 as well. Mclin Lane. I have until Dec 21 to have my design meeting. My SA called me today to tell me that I may be the very last one on the list to have a design meeting based on my lot deposit date of June 21. Wondering if I should wait until early Dec as I have planned, or move it up? My concern is that by Dec, the design team will be winding down, and there also may be way less choices of materials, cabinets, etc.
They could decide to concentrate their efforts on only the materials they plan to use in the spec homes, and eliminate many choices.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Gold member

I don't think they will limit your choices because custom builds are ending. They will still be building with a lot of upgrades in many homes.
I would work with the schedule that you choose. But saying that, I would also ask my SA if an earlier date might be a better choice.
We wanted Nov22-25. But after limiting the days to Mon and Tues, I was happy to get Mon Nov 25.
We have built several homes and my hubby was a builder for 20 yrs, so we are looking forward to the Design appt.
Best of luck to you.
PM me and I'll let you know as things move along!
Congrats to you!!! I think we got in just under the wire!!
Old 08-15-2013, 05:55 AM

Thanks for the info
Looking forward to the positive experience and my new home next year!
Visiting TV this week. Arriving today staying till Thu Aug 22
Exploring all week
Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 AM
Gold member

Stoneman, You will have a blast! We did not believe it could be a good as advertised. Boy were we wrong! Much more than we had hoped for and everyone we met was friendly and happy to be there. That is what really sold us. You must had had the same reaction!!
Kittygilchrist, we will be in gilchrist also and I have watched your posts as your home was built. I may PM you for some design advice. The photos of your place look awesome. But, I'm trying to pace myself right now though!! Nov is a long way off. Thanks for the offer! :-)
Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Sage

Congratulations dottie105 and Stoneman. Exciting times! I hope you get to enjoy yourselves while you are here. Make good memories.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.