Just purchased our vacation home!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2016, 12:52 PM
Default Just purchased our vacation home!!!

After being renters at various times, we have just purchased our vacation home (closed on it this morning). It is a Patio Villa in the Village of Caroline. We can't come to The Villages full time because I can't pry my wife from the grandkids except for short periods of time. We live in Texas and plan to be at TV 3 or 4 times a year for about a month each time. Hopefully we can extend our stay a little longer. Our first trip to The Villages will be May 1, and it will be great to be there as residents rather than renters. Barb and I are looking forward to meeting our new neighbors!!!
David
Old 03-24-2016, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughes View Post
After being renters at various times, we have just purchased our vacation home (closed on it this morning). It is a Patio Villa in the Village of Caroline. We can't come to The Villages full time because I can't pry my wife from the grandkids except for short periods of time. We live in Texas and plan to be at TV 3 or 4 times a year for about a month each time. Hopefully we can extend our stay a little longer. Our first trip to The Villages will be May 1, and it will be great to be there as residents rather than renters. Barb and I are looking forward to meeting our new neighbors!!!
David

Great decision. Two things I have discovered. Grandchildren quickly grow up and this place is an addiction. Welcome Villager!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
David
Congratulations. I am sure it will be a good investment for you also. We are in almost the same situation although we will be moving to TV full time in September. In the meantime, we continue to be Babysitting Slaves ! We have discovered that we can make a decent income by renting our place in TV hassle free so far. If you are interested in learning more about that option, I would be glad to share our contacts and experience with you if you want to private message me. Best of luck to you.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Sage

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

Rented in Caroline before I bought. A very nice village close to LSL and Wynn Dixie.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-24-2016, 02:15 PM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Enjoy!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We started in a PV too! Congrats
Old 03-24-2016, 07:32 PM

Where do you live in Texas?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:42 PM

We live in Jacksonville Texas, which is between Dallas and Shreveport LA
Old 03-24-2016, 08:58 PM

I'm from Houston. Welcome to the bubble. You'll love it.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Congrats on your purchase, it's one incredible place. And welcome to the fastest growing MSA in the country; let's hope the "family" keeps adding golf courses.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Gold member

Congrats and welcome home!
Even if it is part time now, it's yours and you will soon think this is the best decision you have ever made!
There is no place like The Villages!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Sage

Congrats ... the best is yet to come!
Old 03-25-2016, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
David
Congratulations! We are 6 months in TV (June through Dec) and 6 months (Jan through June) in WI. Opposite snowbirds! You will love living here!
Closed Thread

Tags
time, villages, home, vacation, purchased, times, renters, extend, stay, david, year, month, longer, great, meeting, neighbors, trip, barb, residents, forward, morning, patio, villa, caroline, village

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.