Is Lake Denham within Leesburg City Limits

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2023, 06:17 PM
Default Is Lake Denham within Leesburg City Limits

It got real today. Our desired lots in Lake Denham are being released tomorrow. Fingers crossed. For property tax purposes, is Lake Denham within the incorporated city limits of Leesburg? I realize the tax rates are higher in Lake County, but I am hoping I will not need to pay Leesburg rider as well.

Thanks for any info.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,157 Times in 2,251 Posts

Your village agent should be able to answer this question.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:30 PM

Yes, you will be in Leesburg city limit.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Little late for that question I think....get your lot

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-02-2023, 07:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc1965 View Post
It got real today. Our desired lots in Lake Denham are being released tomorrow. Fingers crossed. For property tax purposes, is Lake Denham within the incorporated city limits of Leesburg? I realize the tax rates are higher in Lake County, but I am hoping I will not need to pay Leesburg rider as well.

Thanks for any info.
Yes and will be subject to Leesburg city tax assessments.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:56 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Good luck tomorrow - I’m rooting for you!😀
Old 03-03-2023, 07:13 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses. We were successful in acquiring the lot, but now have learned it is in flood zone A according to Lake County. Now pursuing advisement on how to move forward. Some have suggested hiring a surveyor to certify that the elevation is now different from that found in public records.
Old 03-04-2023, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the responses. We were successful in acquiring the lot, but now have learned it is in flood zone A according to Lake County. Now pursuing advisement on how to move forward. Some have suggested hiring a surveyor to certify that the elevation is now different from that found in public records.
Pick another lot; there are plenty. It is going to be a flood zone. BTW, your agent knew - or should have. It is right on the site map. Newell has a few flood lots - on lots no where near water. I am building in Newell and wish I stayed in Citrus Grove. Not to mention no one has bought my house yet.

One last thing - it does NOT mean it WILL flood. See what flood ins will cost - may be worth staying.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 03-04-2023, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
Pick another lot; there are plenty. It is going to be a flood zone. BTW, your agent knew - or should have. It is right on the site map. Newell has a few flood lots - on lots no where near water. I am building in Newell and wish I stayed in Citrus Grove. Not to mention no one has bought my house yet.

One last thing - it does NOT mean it WILL flood. See what flood ins will cost - may be worth staying.
Question why do you wish you stayed in Citrus Grove, instead of build a custom in Newell?
Old 03-04-2023, 06:45 AM

Just chiming in. There are no more custom homes being built. Please check out earlier threads in the last month or so discussing what design options really are available. As of fall 2022, The Villages stopped custom designs and the Design Center became more of a historic model of what used to be. You get 4 or so choices that are well documented. Stepped up spec homes. Previously we moved walls, added rooms, moved bathrooms, electrical, plumbing etc. You have two pool choices. Nothing wrong with this other than the misunderstanding that you have more than the small menu to choose from and this doesn’t seem to be explained to all.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Curious. If in Lake County, does that still mean no bond to pay? Or has that changed? Might be an offset to higher taxes & flood insurance.

Best of luck in your new home & for a quick sale of your current one
Old 03-04-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Many new homes have not been reaccessed by FEMA yet. This is the responsibility of the Villages and takes time to get FEMA out here. Our sales rep told us his home took about 1 1/2 yrs for the reassessment. Buckle up for flood insurance in the meantime.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,246 Posts

Quote:
They piled a lot of soil in that area. The flood map may not be up to date to the final grading for the home.

I've observed the lots trend to be more than about 75ft above sea level.

You can rough check using the Compass app on an Apple Watch. Or another GPS App. Compare your home reading to other areas.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the thread. I was thinking of building in Lake Denham until I looked at the flood zone map. When I looked at that map, in addition to the large areas with flood zones, it was obvious that the offramp for the turnpike will be awfully close to those houses. So, in between flood zones and the offramp, I think I'll be waiting until they release lots south of the turnpike.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:29 AM

Replying to laurawilcox post & regarding building a designer home from scratch in 2022….not the experience you mention. Structural - only allowed to stretch the floor plan; we chose 3 stretches. Otherwise we picked everything from flooring to cabinet pulls to paint colors in & out.

Flood insurance quoted for us was $1000 for the year. We are in Richmond.
Closed Thread

Tags
lake, denham, leesburg, tax, city

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.