Lake Sumter Landing traffic light

Old 04-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Default Lake Sumter Landing traffic light

The traffic light at Lake Sumter Landing, Old Camp Road and Lake Shore Drive intersection (near Bravo Pizza) has been out of service for several weeks. I don’t recall seeing anything in this forum, The Daily Sun, the **************, nor VCDD weekly bulletins. Any insights from a reliable source?
Old 04-02-2024, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,093 Times in 2,750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teed_Off View Post
The traffic light at Lake Sumter Landing, Old Camp Road and Lake Shore Drive intersection (near Bravo Pizza) has been out of service for several weeks. I don’t recall seeing anything in this forum, The Daily Sun, the **************, nor VCDD weekly bulletins. Any insights from a reliable source?
No insight as to why, but definitely feel that the current four way stop configuration at the intersection is WAY BETTER than the traffic light at the intersection. Here is hopping the light will be out forever and the four way stop will be the new normal. Also, the traffic disruption caused by the work on the island on the lake Sumter bridge has been practically a non event. After multiple trips across the bridge, I have only had to wait once, for about 30 seconds.
Old 04-03-2024, 03:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,390 Times in 2,524 Posts

It has been my experience, over many years of driving, that traffic light failures usually speed up traffic flow, unless at major junctions at peak times.
Turn them off!
Old 04-03-2024, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I think there was an article in the online news about this light, some problem with getting parts for repair as I recall.

Tags
lake, landing, traffic, light, sumter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.