Landscaping contractors

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Default Landscaping contractors

We are thinking about doing landscaping with stackers. We got two quotes so far, one from LaRock and one from Kustom. Their prices are very close. Please advise if you have had any experience with either of them. We are going to get two more quotes; Terascape and Landscaping, Trees and More (Debbie Dodd). What do you know of the above landscapers or do you have someone you might recommend?

Thank you for all the help we needed, Lavelle & Harvey

Old 08-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Platinum member

A very helpful tool on this forum is the "search" button at the top of the page.
Click on it and a little box will appear. Type in "landscaping trees and more/Debbie Dodd" (for example) and you will see posts that others have made on that topic.

Another suggestion that may help you..... ask for addresses (and dates) of other landscaping jobs that have been done in TV by the companies that interest you.
Take a drive by and see up close.
Best wishes for beautiful landscaping!

Last edited by Uptown Girl; 08-26-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: to add a word
Old 08-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlwallach View Post
We are thinking about doing landscaping with stackers. We got two quotes so far, one from LI jaRock and one from Kustom. Their prices are very close. Please advise if you have had any experience with either of them. We are going to get two more quotes; Terascape and Landscaping, Trees and More (Debbie Dodd). What do you know of the above landscapers or do you have someone you might recommend?

Thank you for all the help we needed, Lavelle & Harvey

I just had my entire landscape done by Steve Mansfield of Mansfield Landscaping. He did an excellent job, they had a huge job in front on them, because I have styled my scape closer to "up north" look because of the style of my house. Lots of plants, trees and loads of color flowers. This requires constant maintenance, on my part, which I love but not in the heat we had this summer. Consequently, it was overgrown, weedy, and not pretty. Steve and his crew came in, redid each bed, added more rock and/or mulch, and put in a few new colored plants for me. He also trimmed existing trees and shrubs and I'm very picky on what I like, and they did exactly as I requested. This is the 2nd time I've used Steve and I would HIGHLY recommend him.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Sage

My mother in law also used Mansfield and was pleased with their work. It wasn't a very large job, but she had one stacker wall put around a palm and is very happy with it.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage

Also, on the "search" button type in "landscaping contractors" and it'll show several threads. There are landscapers that have been recommended here many times and will do a good job, such as Custom Scapes, Mansfield, Terrascape, and McGowin, to name several. I know the first three have actual locations you can visit, which is comforting.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I'll give you some detailed information. Terrascape did three homes in my neighborhood and I liked what I saw, so I didn't call anyone else for an estimate.

Terrascape did our new courtyard villa just about a month ago. All the pine straw was removed from the front and backyard. A holly tree was moved from the front to the back courtyard and a Fan Palm was planted in it's place. Three azalea bushes were moved to make room for the holly in the backyard. The azaleas were transplanted to where three monkey bushes had died along the side of the house. Two feet of sod was removed around the front bed making the bed larger but leaving about three feet of grass near the curb. All the bare soil was covered with weed mat and then all the weed mat was covered with ten tons of copper rock. The rock was not dumped on the street or driveway, but was shoveled from a trailer. Cleanup by the two man crew was perfect, no rocks or sand or anything was left in the street or in the driveway and the job was finished in one day.

The original estimate was for $2675 and I negotiated $2500 by paying in cash when the job was done. I was completely satisfied with the way it turned out, it was exactly as I had wanted it done. Terrascape has a 20 acre nursery on Hwy 301, which you can reach very easily by going out Rainey Trail. I went to the nursery to pick the European Fan Palm that we used.

My neighbor had a very similar job done two weeks later except he had his holly tree in the front yard discarded and did no transplanting. He called Terrascape, K&B and then a third landscaper and got the job done by the last one $200 cheaper by telling him the price of the earlier estimates. He played one against another but actually had a lesser job and I honestly don't think it looks as good as mine. He used a different multi-color rock whereas the copper rock I used I think goes very nicely with the tan stucco of the villa.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Sage

Another vote for Terrascape. I found them very professional, and I liked the fact that they have a large nursery so you can pick out your own specific trees.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:49 AM

Please, stay away from Debbie Dodd, Trees and More. The husband, is high pressure, they ask for a deposit up front, they do not return phone calls.
I know they are trying to make a living, but there are too many other, very honest and prompt landscaping companies out there. So beware!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Location: Philadelphia PA, North Wildwood NJ, Village of Tamarind Grove - June 2011

I had landscaping done by Sabrina McGowan. Sabrina and her husband Patrick have been doing landscaping for more than 12 years and was recommended on TOTV. I too would highly recommend them. Their phone number is 352-274-4189 and their website is www.designbymcgowan.com. Good luck with your landscaping.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Default BEWARE of Debbie Dodd dba Landscaping Trees & More

She and her 3 sons (must be a new husband) have committed fraud, have not honored contracts, will tell you lies and make excuses, and will not return phone calls. Complaints have been filed against her with Seniors vs. Crime, and the BBB. Several former clients are looking for her to finish work and/or return money. I would like to know what neighborhoods they are preying on in The Villages. I have some legal papers to deliver. But most of all, people need to be aware of their dishonest practices. No excuses for their "just trying to make a living" nonsense.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.