Laughing at Life is the Best Medicine

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2023, 07:01 PM
Default Laughing at Life is the Best Medicine

I have always attempted to laugh at life, in particular myself, and I try to not take things too seriously.

My wife and I just bought a new Yamaha Quiet Tech Golf Car. I have never owned a golf car before, and I am very pleased with it, but it's brand new and tops out at 20 mph on level pavement and will not go over it even when the gas pedal is floored. I don't know if it might go a little faster once it's broken in, but I am ok if 20 if the maximum speed. I am really not in a hurry.

But we are getting passed by faster cars left and right. It's not occasionally, it's every time we go out.

I thought about the absurdity of this. Here we have two grown retired men driving golf cars and the car that can go 23 is passing the car that can only go 20. When you stop to think about that visual, it is just so funny to me that it makes me laugh my a** off every time someone passes me like Speed Racer going 23 mph.

So many people wave and smile when they are in their golf cars, but not while passing!

Hahahaha. Maybe someday I will be able to get my car to go 21.

I hope everyone has great experiences in The Villages with good health and enjoys every minute of this wonderful place.
Old 10-24-2023, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRedSox! View Post
I have always attempted to laugh at life, in particular myself, and I try to not take things too seriously.

My wife and I just bought a new Yamaha Quiet Tech Golf Car. I have never owned a golf car before, and I am very pleased with it, but it's brand new and tops out at 20 mph on level pavement and will not go over it even when the gas pedal is floored. I don't know if it might go a little faster once it's broken in, but I am ok if 20 if the maximum speed. I am really not in a hurry.

But we are getting passed by faster cars left and right. It's not occasionally, it's every time we go out.

I thought about the absurdity of this. Here we have two grown retired men driving golf cars and the car that can go 23 is passing the car that can only go 20. When you stop to think about that visual, it is just so funny to me that it makes me laugh my a** off every time someone passes me like Speed Racer going 23 mph.

So many people wave and smile when they are in their golf cars, but not while passing!

Hahahaha. Maybe someday I will be able to get my car to go 21.

I hope everyone has great experiences in The Villages with good health and enjoys every minute of this wonderful place.
Our golf cart has the governor on so it cannot go any faster than 19.9 unless on a steep hill on the way down. Not many of those in the Villages but a few.

A few days ago I was coming home from Publix and heard a very loud motorcycle like sound coming up from behind in the regular vehicle lane. Turned my head and a golf cart going maybe 45 rushed by me. It sounded like it had a motorcycle engine in it. And it passed a car while the speed demon was in the golf cart lane.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, golf, cars, mph, speed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.