To leap or not to leap????

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Question To leap or not to leap????

Question..... Do the majority of full-time Village residents start out as part-timers or do they just take the leap and move there full time after their LSV. We would like to do a "test drive" for a few winters, but wonder if that is just money we could be putting towards a permanent home instead. Opinions?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

..... LEAP ......

Old 05-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Veteran member
Default To Leap or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Question..... Do the majority of full-time Village residents start out as part-timers or do they just take the leap and move there full time after their LSV. We would like to do a "test drive" for a few winters, but wonder if that is just money we could be putting towards a permanent home instead. Opinions?
If you are ready to retire now but not sure what you want to do, you can rent for awhile to figure things out. Lot's of people sell their house, put what they will bring in storage and then rent.

If you have a few years before retirement, then you can "test drive" for awhile and call it a vacation each year while checking everything out.

I can't retire till Feb the earliest. We have our lot and the house is on the market. The plan is that as soon as I stop working we'll be in TV fulltime!

I think if the plan is to retire in TV, you made a great decision. How you go about it is you own personal preference. Everyone has their own set of circustances that will influence you own decision.

Good Luck!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Sage

We rented for 3 months and in the first week we realized our $9,000 for Jan., Feb. and March rental would make a nice downpayment on our own place. There was no way we were going to return to cold, icy, grey north without coming back every year. We bought in the 2nd month and it's the best thing we've ever done!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
We rented for 3 months and in the first week we realized our $9,000 for Jan., Feb. and March rental would make a nice downpayment on our own place. There was no way we were going to return to cold, icy, grey north without coming back every year. We bought in the 2nd month and it's the best thing we've ever done!
Just what I was hoping to hear!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

We were part time for 4 years due to kids in college. We're fulltime now.
If there are no other issues though, I'd have just headed here fulltime.
Why not??? best wishes
Old 05-07-2012, 07:42 PM

Everyone’s situation is different. I knew I wanted to be here full time once I retired last January so we bought the late in the year earlier and moved in a lot of furniture and clothing. Last April we went north and spent a lot of time getting our home ready for market. We were lucky and sold it in 5 weeks. We have an apartment that is home while we spend times with our children. This fall we are planning to not renew the lease and make the final move to TV. These 2 years have been transitional and worked best for us. Others have made the move and never looked back. Other will always have a “home” to go back to for any of several reasons. I believe you need to do what is “best” for you!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Rent in the off season that way you get the experience and not much cash out of your pocket. We came in May and July and October and January before we bought
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM

Head first. We opted - in sight unseen. Saw it online, my hubby s best friend looked at it and here we are three months later. No regrets. We are here five whole days. We're only here on this earth for a brief visit. We jumped and no regrets. Crazy, huh?? Fun is the best thing to have. Not so crazy. We deserve it. Like not, worked hard, etc.
All the best...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
..... LEAP ......

..... YES, GO FOR IT ......

We did. No regrets!!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Just what I was hoping to hear!!!!
Sounds like you already know the answer.

Jim
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
..... Leap ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by pturner View Post
..... Yes, go for it ......

we did. No regrets!!
.... Leap ....
Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
If you are ready to retire now but not sure what you want to do, you can rent for awhile to figure things out. Lot's of people sell their house, put what they will bring in storage and then rent.

If you have a few years before retirement, then you can "test drive" for awhile and call it a vacation each year while checking everything out.

I can't retire till Feb the earliest. We have our lot and the house is on the market. The plan is that as soon as I stop working we'll be in TV fulltime!

I think if the plan is to retire in TV, you made a great decision. How you go about it is you own personal preference. Everyone has their own set of circustances that will influence you own decision.

Good Luck!

I would "Leap, Leap, Leap" tomorrow, but I have a few? years until retirement. My next test drive starts on June 8 for 9 days. Can't wait.
But if you can Leap now, go for it. Just my 2 cents.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.