Life Style Visit Now South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 08-25-2023, 06:41 AM
Default Life Style Visit Now South of 44

I had a LS visit scheduled for last year. I had to cancel because my beloved dog got terminal cancer, and then my elderly dog went downhill fast after his death and we took care of him 24/7 for several months until he passed last month. Our LS visit was to be in Brownwood area. I finally made a new reservation for November and now the LS visit is in the new area south of 44. Of course they want to push the newer houses. Though I haven't been to the Villages, I have watched lots and lots of videos and that section just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against anyone's opinion who loves that area, it's just not my cup of tea. I like busy. Anyway, if anyone has taken a LS visit there, what did you do? How far is it to Brownwood. Seems like about 1/2 hour. My host says that there is a gym at Ezell. Hubby goes to the gym 6 days a week and I was counting on Genesis and hoping the gym at Ezell is top notch as I have to get hubby on board to get a place there.
Thanks everyone.
Old 08-25-2023, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,716 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
I had a LS visit scheduled for last year. I had to cancel because my beloved dog got terminal cancer, and then my elderly dog went downhill fast after his death and we took care of him 24/7 for several months until he passed last month. Our LS visit was to be in Brownwood area. I finally made a new reservation for November and now the LS visit is in the new area south of 44. Of course they want to push the newer houses. Though I haven't been to the Villages, I have watched lots and lots of videos and that section just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against anyone's opinion who loves that area, it's just not my cup of tea. I like busy. Anyway, if anyone has taken a LS visit there, what did you do? How far is it to Brownwood. Seems like about 1/2 hour. My host says that there is a gym at Ezell. Hubby goes to the gym 6 days a week and I was counting on Genesis and hoping the gym at Ezell is top notch as I have to get hubby on board to get a place there.
Thanks everyone.
Clam down. It is not half an hour to Brownwood. There is plenty of action in the area with lots of active people. Wait until you get here and see for yourself. Reserve all judgment until then. You cannot tell anything from videos.
Old 08-25-2023, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

You do need a visit to get the lay of the land. Distance won't be that important for a visit.
If you prefer, find a short term rental instead.
Longer term, you can always buy a resale as an option if you don't like the newer areas.
There's plenty around here of whatever you want.
Old 08-25-2023, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks everyone.
They are in the process of selling the Lifestyle Villas in Brownwood. But, don't let that deter you. Plenty of things to do in the Villages.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,232 Times in 2,813 Posts

Quote:
Thanks everyone.
So sorry to hear about your dogs, that totally sucks : (

Consider a rental in the middle of the Villages that includes a golf cart and explore the entire Villages without the pressure of a property of the Villages sales person. You’re considering making what very well might be the biggest investment of your retirement years, keep your eyes wide open and explore all options. Best of luck.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Clam down. It is not half an hour to Brownwood. There is plenty of action in the area with lots of active people. Wait until you get here and see for yourself. Reserve all judgment until then. You cannot tell anything from videos.
Thank you!! Yes, I have to see when I get there. Watch me love it, lol.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,221 Times in 5,422 Posts

Enjoy your visit but suggest you not buy anything.

If you think you will like it here, arrange a rental for a month or two to get a better idea of where you want to hang your hat.

Many people purchase and than a year or so later decide they want to move at a substantial cost.
Old 08-25-2023, 09:05 AM

We just had a blast visiting for 7 days of a lifestyle visit just south of Sawgrass. Stayed in a brand new villa. Shopped for houses. Lots of Brand new 1200 sq ft houses for $300k. Listened to live music. Saw a Bad Company tribute band. Rode bikes. Drove our golf cart around on the cart paths. Ate at three Country clubs. Swam. Met one of the tennis pros. Went to a Saturday market. Sat in our screened Florida room in the morning and evenings. Saw some lighting storms. Danced to live music at two different town squares. Saw a movie at a villages movie theater. Enjoyed all of the lush flowers and landscapes. The heat and humidity didn't bother us. We want to move there the first of the year. Visited all the town squares. The landscaping is just starting in the south end but if you want a new home that is the trade off.
Old 08-25-2023, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone.
Are you planning to shop for a new house or just look around The Villages? If it's to explore, you will be far from much of TV down there. Did you ask if that location is the only option? Your other choice is to rent a house that will include a golf cart and a guest pass. If you do that, you can pick your area for the visit. The Villages Fitness rooms are fine but they lack certain equipment that genesis would offer.
Old 08-25-2023, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,489 Times in 2,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post

Consider a rental in the middle of the Villages that includes a golf cart and explore the entire Villages without the pressure of a property of the Villages sales person. You’re considering making what very well might be the biggest investment of your retirement years, keep your eyes wide open and explore all options. Best of luck.
Pressure of a salesperson? When we did our Lifestyle visit, after taking us to our accommodations our assigned rep pretty much said “Call me if there’s anything I can do for you.” They don’t need high pressure tactics. They’re selling everything they build.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 08-25-2023, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,716 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalley View Post
Are you planning to shop for a new house or just look around The Villages? If it's to explore, you will be far from much of TV down there. Did you ask if that location is the only option? Your other choice is to rent a house that will include a golf cart and a guest pass. If you do that, you can pick your area for the visit. The Villages Fitness rooms are fine but they lack certain equipment that genesis would offer.
Far is a matter of opinion. I don't think anything is far when taking a car. I have lived in places that it was 20 minutes minimum to anything. Every place in The Villages has things close to it and other things not so close. No big deal. I'm retired and enjoy the drive.
Old 08-25-2023, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,328 Posts

The regional center gym is nothing more that a glorified weight room. We had Lifetime fitness up north, 24/7 indoor pools every possibility of classes and equipment. Haven’t found anything close near TV to rival our old gym
Old 08-26-2023, 05:17 AM

The South of 44 location for the LS villas is only 10 minutes to Brownwood by golf Cart or about 15 minutes by Car. The Gym at Ezell is a smaller gym and has a membership fee paid to the villages for use. Genesis gym in Brownwood is a Large, non-Villages gym. There is also an Anytime Fitness gym very close to Brownwood.
Old 08-26-2023, 05:24 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 470 Posts

Rent a car and drive everywhere. You will see what you like and know it.
Old 08-26-2023, 05:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post

Pressure consists of here’s my phone number, call if you would like a tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Enjoy your visit but suggest you not buy anything.

If you think you will like it here, arrange a rental for a month or two to get a better idea of where you want to hang your hat.

Many people purchase and than a year or so later decide they want to move at a substantial cost.
We have made great profits from selling all of our TV homes. Moving, less than $800, for 2000sf packed, moved and on to next house.

Tags
visit, area, gym, brownwood, ezell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.