Life Style Visit Now South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
I had a LS visit scheduled for last year. I had to cancel because my beloved dog got terminal cancer, and then my elderly dog went downhill fast after his death and we took care of him 24/7 for several months until he passed last month. Our LS visit was to be in Brownwood area. I finally made a new reservation for November and now the LS visit is in the new area south of 44. Of course they want to push the newer houses. Though I haven't been to the Villages, I have watched lots and lots of videos and that section just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against anyone's opinion who loves that area, it's just not my cup of tea. I like busy. Anyway, if anyone has taken a LS visit there, what did you do? How far is it to Brownwood. Seems like about 1/2 hour. My host says that there is a gym at Ezell. Hubby goes to the gym 6 days a week and I was counting on Genesis and hoping the gym at Ezell is top notch as I have to get hubby on board to get a place there.
Thanks everyone.
This is my opinion. When you do a Lifestyle Visit, they put you in the newest areas and the Village Realtors show you the newest areas. That does not mean you have to purchase new. My realtor was not pushy at all, and took his time with us. Like others have suggested, if you could possibly come down and rent for about a month, you would get a much better feel for the area. I do live S of 44 and although it does not have all the shopping as the Northern area does, I still like it. Cons: You have to travel to shop up North or go to Ocala (about a 35 minute drive), landscaping not as mature. Pros: Younger group of people, they are building more south, so we will eventually be more of the middle of the villages. Ezell is not a "gym" in my opinion. It's a room they have placed some equipment in and charge a fee. Genesis gym in Brownwood is more of a real gym atmosphere. They also have Planet Fitness in Leesburg which is about 20 minutes away. If your husband is a real gym rat, either of those two would be more conducive to work out at to get the gym feel. You can find a previously owned house North of 44, with lower bond. The bonds in the newer area are ranging about 47K, ridiculous! If I had to do it all over again, we would have rented for 3 or 4 months before purchasing our home.
Old 08-26-2023, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,820 Times in 1,274 Posts

In case not mentioned before, spend a half day visiting open houses in different parts of the Villages.

You may even meet a Sales Rep you "click" with.
Old 08-26-2023, 06:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
In case not mentioned before, spend a half day visiting open houses in different parts of the Villages.

You may even meet a Sales Rep you "click" with.
We loved our first rep, He moved up the ladder, we truly disliked the next one, and found a great person at an open house, that we have been with since 2013
Old 08-26-2023, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Pressure consists of here’s my phone number, call if you would like a tour.

We have made great profits from selling all of our TV homes. Moving, less than $800, for 2000sf packed, moved and on to next house.
You forgot to mention closing costs, realtor commission, possible higher bond/taxes, and fixing up expenses of your new home. I think those were the high moving costs the other poster was referring to.

Last edited by Randall55; 08-26-2023 at 06:17 AM.
Old 08-26-2023, 06:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,586 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
You forgot to mention closing costs, realtor commission, possible higher bond/taxes, and fixing up expenses of your new home.
Many sell on their own, bond wasn’t paid on any previous homes , so only few thousand dollar differences, what we spend on this house will we will more than recoup at resale in 2 years. 2 homes here are up for sale for $150,000 more than original cost one year ago, plus they used them as a rental. We didn’t have closing costs on the last 2 homes, other than taxes, bond,. Lots of options out there for last 3 years. If you are coming from Lake to Sumter taxes are definitely less

Higher interest, but we pay down 2/3 of mortgage between 2-6 months, so interest is a non issue. Some like us buy then sell every couple of years, each home paying for the next. Better return rate than some of stocks. We still have our up north lake home, for some have 3 houses at a time can be daunting. But not for us

Last edited by asianthree; 08-26-2023 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-26-2023, 06:43 AM
Default Ezell

I had a house in Pine Hills great spot went to Texas (great place too) but couldn't build new above 44 so I found a preowned with a layout I like but I miss my sycmore front look. Ezell is a long cart ride to squares and not much down there.
The Villages lifestyle is all about driving a golf cart to most things you do hopefully in 15-20 minutes. So above hwy 44 or around hwy 466a or 466.

BUT heck 2030 they build fast fast you may be building 10 miles out or Orlando or 1 mile from Leesburg
Old 08-26-2023, 07:37 AM

Cancel the LS visit south of 44 because it is close to nothing except the Turn Pike Service Plaza dining options of Wendy's and KFC. Only accept a LS visit north of 44 or create your own.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I had a LS visit scheduled for last year. I had to cancel because my beloved dog got terminal cancer, and then my elderly dog went downhill fast after his death and we took care of him 24/7 for several months until he passed last month. Our LS visit was to be in Brownwood area. I finally made a new reservation for November and now the LS visit is in the new area south of 44. Of course they want to push the newer houses. Though I haven't been to the Villages, I have watched lots and lots of videos and that section just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against anyone's opinion who loves that area, it's just not my cup of tea. I like busy. Anyway, if anyone has taken a LS visit there, what did you do? How far is it to Brownwood. Seems like about 1/2 hour. My host says that there is a gym at Ezell. Hubby goes to the gym 6 days a week and I was counting on Genesis and hoping the gym at Ezell is top notch as I have to get hubby on board to get a place there.
Thanks everyone.
You have received many posts advising you to create your own LSV. To do this, check out the website villagershomes4rent. You will find many types of homes that are available to rent in an area you prefer. Most rentals come with a golf cart to use throughout your stay. You will receive a guest pass that will allow you to use any amenities throughout the Villages. Book early. November is when the snowbirds start to return. Good Luck and Have Fun!
Old 08-26-2023, 08:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,750 Times in 461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
Cancel the LS visit south of 44 because it is close to nothing except the Turn Pike Service Plaza dining options of Wendy's and KFC. Only accept a LS visit north of 44 or create your own.
Skippy, my friend, that is simply your own opinion, which many disagree with. Glad you are happy living north of 44 - so you have no need to take the energy and time to bash the south. Focus on how much you enjoy living North. Many (maybe not you), are looking into the future 10,15 years from now and seeing all the potential and development coming to Eastport, Middleton, and beyond.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Thanks everyone.
Where you stay will give you an idea of what is happening here. Ezell gym is not bad at all. Has more equipment than some. But if you prefer Genesis, it’s just a golf cart ride away. And there is nothing better than traveling through the Villages in a golf cart! There are 3 town squares here, each offering its own flavor of The Villages and each is so much fun. You will want to experience it all! If you want new, then south of 44 is where you want to live. Just enjoy and have fun! Don’t stress how you are going to get somewhere ..just get in the golf cart and go.
Old 08-26-2023, 10:34 AM
Default No LSL north

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
They only offer a lifestyle visit south of 44. You can not request to go north
Old 08-26-2023, 10:44 AM

I think the gym at Ezell is like the other gyms at Rec Centers….you have to pay a daily or monthly fee to go. If you have a Medicare advantage plan that includes Silver Sneakers or Renew Active, then Genesis or other fitness clubs are free.

Quote:
Thanks everyone.
Old 08-26-2023, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,716 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestIA View Post
I had a house in Pine Hills great spot went to Texas (great place too) but couldn't build new above 44 so I found a preowned with a layout I like but I miss my sycmore front look. Ezell is a long cart ride to squares and not much down there.
The Villages lifestyle is all about driving a golf cart to most things you do hopefully in 15-20 minutes. So above hwy 44 or around hwy 466a or 466.

BUT heck 2030 they build fast fast you may be building 10 miles out or Orlando or 1 mile from Leesburg
I don't agree. I know many who do not golf. They use the two cars they moved here with to get to anything and everything that they want to do. No problem.
Old 08-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,333 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
So sorry to hear about your dogs, that totally sucks : (

Consider a rental in the middle of the Villages that includes a golf cart and explore the entire Villages without the pressure of a property of the Villages sales person. You’re considering making what very well might be the biggest investment of your retirement years, keep your eyes wide open and explore all options. Best of luck.
Some not so good advice and information here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-26-2023, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,333 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I don't agree. I know many who do not golf. They use the two cars they moved here with to get to anything and everything that they want to do. No problem.
I don't agree.....you don't use golf carts for golf, you use to expand your lifestyle. If you drive everywhere you don't experience everything only that which cars restrict you to. We drove cars everywhere we lived and all tied to schedules, trying to find shortcuts, playing chicken with all the other drivers. Of course if that is what you consider fun then drive.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, area, gym, brownwood, ezell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.