Life Style Visit Now South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2023, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha11 View Post
Merry take wher

E ever the will send you to stay. Contact separated MLS realtor and tell him where you want to go. If you want village.sales rep, insist. It's up north
Or they may like the neighborhoods near Brownwood. North isn’t for everyone, we started @LSL for house #1 and #2, then #3 between LSL and Brownwood. #4 south of Brownwood
Old 09-15-2023, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksfurn View Post
We just had a blast visiting for 7 days of a lifestyle visit just south of Sawgrass. Stayed in a brand new villa. Shopped for houses. Lots of Brand new 1200 sq ft houses for $300k. Listened to live music. Saw a Bad Company tribute band. Rode bikes. Drove our golf cart around on the cart paths. Ate at three Country clubs. Swam. Met one of the tennis pros. Went to a Saturday market. Sat in our screened Florida room in the morning and evenings. Saw some lighting storms. Danced to live music at two different town squares. Saw a movie at a villages movie theater. Enjoyed all of the lush flowers and landscapes. The heat and humidity didn't bother us. We want to move there the first of the year. Visited all the town squares. The landscaping is just starting in the south end but if you want a new home that is the trade off.
Sounds like you had a great time. What was the name of the Village you stayed in? Were you able to do things such as play pickelball or take some water aerobics classes? I have been told a week is not enough time to get involved in the various activities. We are renting a place in Jan/Feb., so hopefully then. Thank you for answering me.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
I had a LS visit scheduled for last year. I had to cancel because my beloved dog got terminal cancer, and then my elderly dog went downhill fast after his death and we took care of him 24/7 for several months until he passed last month. Our LS visit was to be in Brownwood area. I finally made a new reservation for November and now the LS visit is in the new area south of 44. Of course they want to push the newer houses. Though I haven't been to the Villages, I have watched lots and lots of videos and that section just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing against anyone's opinion who loves that area, it's just not my cup of tea. I like busy. Anyway, if anyone has taken a LS visit there, what did you do? How far is it to Brownwood. Seems like about 1/2 hour. My host says that there is a gym at Ezell. Hubby goes to the gym 6 days a week and I was counting on Genesis and hoping the gym at Ezell is top notch as I have to get hubby on board to get a place there.
Thanks everyone.
Read your note and agree with you. My brother just told me that he was coming for a visit and we live in Spanish Springs. Visiting him will be like going to a brand new city. Old villas were fabulous and were <1/2 mile from the newest square, Brownwood. Be open minded. If you do not like the new area, your rep can help you buy a resale home. However, unless things have changed, that rep can only sell Villages listed properties. They might have house you like, but can not sell a property that is being sold through MLS. Remember it is only a reasonably priced tour of The Vilages.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:36 PM

Fascinating to re-read this thread after we (Mrs. 45 and I) impulsively just purchased a new house south of Sawgrass in Lake Denham, after living in Polo Ridge for the past 2 years. An upgrade of old for new, for sure-a cash-in of appreciation for sure-a sunset/golf view that can't be beat. FYI I'm told that there is a section of patio villas off of Meggison that TV will now be using for 'LS' visits-yes-patio villas-most well appointed. Thought is that no one stays in their house during an LS, so the smaller PV works fine-Makes some sense-and as for the location of the LS? I think what is missing in this post is any discussion about Eastport (opening in July?) , and the 3 new championship golf courses to be opened in the new developments between Sawgrass and Middleton, over the turnpike. This will be the 'mega' square of all squares in a few years and people will be clamoring to buy the house I just purchased down there for millions more than I paid for it. Or at least, that's the plan. Seriously though-My wife and I LOVE this north of 466 area-it's beautiful, serene, mature and restful. I will now be relegated to watching pitch and putters from my lanai, rather than bogey golfers on a par 5-I'll be watching 3 foot high magnolia's grow painfully slowly instead of marveling at twisted oaks that seem to go on and on, and podocarpus galore making their way upwards, barely looking like real bushes for a few years. But there's a unique excitement to being a trailblazer in a new community. We couldn't pass that up. I look forward to the day when I begin to say that 'this place is not like it used to be'-but for NOW-I find myself still amazed at the possibilities of what it is still becoming, and indeed might become.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksfurn View Post
We just had a blast visiting for 7 days of a lifestyle visit just south of Sawgrass. Stayed in a brand new villa. Shopped for houses. Lots of Brand new 1200 sq ft houses for $300k. Listened to live music. Saw a Bad Company tribute band. Rode bikes. Drove our golf cart around on the cart paths. Ate at three Country clubs. Swam. Met one of the tennis pros. Went to a Saturday market. Sat in our screened Florida room in the morning and evenings. Saw some lighting storms. Danced to live music at two different town squares. Saw a movie at a villages movie theater. Enjoyed all of the lush flowers and landscapes. The heat and humidity didn't bother us. We want to move there the first of the year. Visited all the town squares. The landscaping is just starting in the south end but if you want a new home that is the trade off.
The houses are cheaper but the bonds are very expensive I hear.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Are you going to be full time here or winter only because advice depends on if you plan 1 home here or have 2 homes?
Two homes actually. At least that is my plan.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
The houses are cheaper but the bonds are very expensive I hear.
One should already know what bond amounts are if one has a good VLS agent.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
One should already know what bond amounts are if one has a good VLS agent.
Bond amounts thru district 15 are available at Village Community Development Districts
Old 09-28-2023, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Bond amounts thru district 15 are available at Village Community Development Districts
True, but if someone is making money on my choices, I expect them to give me that info.
Old 09-28-2023, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,141 Times in 5,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeefe45@aol.com View Post
Fascinating to re-read this thread after we (Mrs. 45 and I) impulsively just purchased a new house south of Sawgrass in Lake Denham, after living in Polo Ridge for the past 2 years. An upgrade of old for new, for sure-a cash-in of appreciation for sure-a sunset/golf view that can't be beat. FYI I'm told that there is a section of patio villas off of Meggison that TV will now be using for 'LS' visits-yes-patio villas-most well appointed. Thought is that no one stays in their house during an LS, so the smaller PV works fine-Makes some sense-and as for the location of the LS? I think what is missing in this post is any discussion about Eastport (opening in July?) , and the 3 new championship golf courses to be opened in the new developments between Sawgrass and Middleton, over the turnpike. This will be the 'mega' square of all squares in a few years and people will be clamoring to buy the house I just purchased down there for millions more than I paid for it. Or at least, that's the plan. Seriously though-My wife and I LOVE this north of 466 area-it's beautiful, serene, mature and restful. I will now be relegated to watching pitch and putters from my lanai, rather than bogey golfers on a par 5-I'll be watching 3 foot high magnolia's grow painfully slowly instead of marveling at twisted oaks that seem to go on and on, and podocarpus galore making their way upwards, barely looking like real bushes for a few years. But there's a unique excitement to being a trailblazer in a new community. We couldn't pass that up. I look forward to the day when I begin to say that 'this place is not like it used to be'-but for NOW-I find myself still amazed at the possibilities of what it is still becoming, and indeed might become.
An interesting thing about the villages. We come here excited about coming to the squares to listen to music and go to dinner and over time many of us (including us) make friends, join clubs and very very rarely go to the squares. We have found restaurants outside the bubble that we prefer and even rarely have dinner at the squares.

Dont get me wrong this is a great place to live and we go out more than we ever have before, but our activities keep surprising us.
Old 09-28-2023, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
Cancel the LS visit south of 44 because it is close to nothing except the Turn Pike Service Plaza dining options of Wendy's and KFC. Only accept a LS visit north of 44 or create your own.
No clue

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-29-2023, 04:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 544 Posts
Default Enjoy

Just enjoy your time. We like the the Ezel/Sawgrass area. There is a lot to do “south of 44”. In the not too distant future 44 will be a lot like 466 and 466A. To the west you have the town of Wildwood which is exploding with construction and retail development. To the East you have Leesburg. Heck rumor has it, there is even a Walmart going up near Villages Grown.

If the area and the newer development isn’t your cup of tea, it’s about 25 minutes by car to the northern most end via Morse, Buena Vista or 301. The landscaping and homes are 20 years older, but there is a lot to do there too. We enjoy the Glenview and Lopez country clubs as well as going to the Bonefish or Carrabbas.

The real thing you should enjoy most are the people. We go everywhere and the trusting secure feeling of living here always seems to be, no matter where you go. Wave and say hello to a total stranger and it always seems to come back to you. Have fun and savor your time with others.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Normal; 09-29-2023 at 04:51 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
visit, area, gym, brownwood, ezell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.