To Lifestyle Preview or not to Lifestyle Preview

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio
Question To Lifestyle Preview or not to Lifestyle Preview

What are the opinions of The Villages Lifestyle Preview. Time and money well spent or ....?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Smile

Defiantly time and money well spent. You get a golf car and access to all activities. Your agent will also get you access to things requiring tickets such as polo match or shows going on if seats are available. Think of it as a mini vacation! It gives you an opportunity to see what it is like to live here, it made the decision easy for us once we did the lifestyle visit. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
What are the opinions of The Villages Lifestyle Preview. Time and money well spent?
Yes.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Wow. Sure. Are you hesitating because you think someone is gonna pressure you? You don't have to worry about that. You get your keys and go to your home and "they" will not bother you until or unless you call them. The visit itself is the sales pitch and us villagers are the sales people.

When you do meet up with the sales person, still no pressure. They ask you what you'd like to see and they show it to you.

This place sells itself and the lifestyle visit is a wonderful time! Don't miss it.

No I don't work for the company store.

I LOVE it here.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

If you want to stay for up to a week, there are many private homes for rent with golf carts and internet too. They may be more reasonable in the rent but you wouldn't get any freebees with them. Advantage is, you're in amongst the Villagers and their neighborhoods. I know our rent for the summer is $400/week, $500 for 4 people. Whatever you do, please check it out. Wonderful place to live!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Gold member
Default Lifestyle Visit

Mom, my aunt and I had our 8 day Lifestyle Visit in March of this year. Okay, so I did things a little backwards!!! I reserved my lot in December 2011 and my realtor arranged it so we could still have the Lifestyle Visit! We started building before that visit! The closing on my Iris is next Friday!

I was told in December about all the "extras" the Lifestyle Visit gives you. I thought what a deal!! After we got there in March, I called my realtor because I didn't get that coupon book that he promised me in December. According to him, The Villages stopped giving the "extras" in December. He said TV no longer has a need to give out the "extras".

In other words, we paid extra for the 3rd person and got a golf cart that wouldn't hold the 3 of us! Because, I had already was building my house we didn't even see the realtor!

Personally, I think it would have been a lot cheaper for us to rent a home with a 4 person golf cart. We still would have enjoyed the TV Lifestyle! We went to many open houses while we were there without a realtor.

That is just my observation!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Wow. Sure. Are you hesitating because you think someone is gonna pressure you? You don't have to worry about that. You get your keys and go to your home and "they" will not bother you until or unless you call them. The visit itself is the sales pitch and us villagers are the sales people.

When you do meet up with the sales person, still no pressure. They ask you what you'd like to see and they show it to you.

This place sells itself and the lifestyle visit is a wonderful time! Don't miss it.

I LOVE it here.
Nice!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
Mom, my aunt and I had our 8 day Lifestyle Visit in March of this year. Okay, so I did things a little backwards!!! I reserved my lot in December 2011 and my realtor arranged it so we could still have the Lifestyle Visit! We started building before that visit! The closing on my Iris is next Friday!

I was told in December about all the "extras" the Lifestyle Visit gives you. I thought what a deal!! After we got there in March, I called my realtor because I didn't get that coupon book that he promised me in December. According to him, The Villages stopped giving the "extras" in December. He said TV no longer has a need to give out the "extras".

In other words, we paid extra for the 3rd person and got a golf cart that wouldn't hold the 3 of us! Because, I had already was building my house we didn't even see the realtor!

Personally, I think it would have been a lot cheaper for us to rent a home with a 4 person golf cart. We still would have enjoyed the TV Lifestyle! We went to many open houses while we were there without a realtor.

That is just my observation!
Labs, you may want to check with the sales office to see what, if any, freebees are included. When we took an lsp two years ago, we got the villa, a golf cart, 2 bicycles, 2 rounds of golf each, free meals at two country clubs, and another resturaunt, free movie tickets, some other discounts, and free buckets of balls at the range. We also got resident passes to go anywhere in TV we wanted. It was a great deal, but if they are no longer offering freebees, you might want to check alternatives. Being the off season you can probably get some good rental or hotel offers. They may have chosen not to give sable the freebees because they had already purchased property and were not "prospects".
Old 04-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

I LOVE it here.
Okay Graciegirl, you convinced me. I booked our LSP today for September! Can't wait to get there. I told my husband while we were there on our one day visit in March that I felt like someone had picked me up and put me down in Utopia!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABSX2 View Post
Okay Graciegirl, you convinced me. I booked our LSP today for September! Can't wait to get there. I told my husband while we were there on our one day visit in March that I felt like someone had picked me up and put me down in Utopia!
You sound just like me, we stopped on a whim I'm March 2011, came back for lsp in September and got the perfect lot in January '12. We should move in mid-July. You will love it here I am sure!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Veteran member
Default Lsv

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Labs, you may want to check with the sales office to see what, if any, freebees are included. When we took an lsp two years ago, we got the villa, a golf cart, 2 bicycles, 2 rounds of golf each, free meals at two country clubs, and another resturaunt, free movie tickets, some other discounts, and free buckets of balls at the range. We also got resident passes to go anywhere in TV we wanted. It was a great deal, but if they are no longer offering freebees, you might want to check alternatives. Being the off season you can probably get some good rental or hotel offers. They may have chosen not to give sable the freebees because they had already purchased property and were not "prospects".
We were there last week and unfortunately there are no more free meals.
Yes you get the golf (1 executive and 1 championship round), range balls, movie ticket, and tennis as well. (for each person) and of course the guest passes. We visited a fitness center and was able to work out...

I would think that in the off season you can get a better deal for a week as long as it includes the golf cart and the guest passes.

We had such a great time and we bought a lot on my wife's birthday which coincidently was our 41st anniversary of our first date. (she was a teeny bopper back then)
Old 04-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Talking Best Agent?

We are about a year away from retirement and are excited about the possibility of moving to TV! Time is going so slowly! What are the names of some of the best Reps that will do a good job of helping us get the lot we would like, the style of house, and that you all have found?
We will have to do this pretty much long distance and would like someone that is going to be able to pretty much be able to do it all.
I am brand new at posting so don't know if this got in the right spot or not.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
We are about a year away from retirement and are excited about the possibility of moving to TV! Time is going so slowly! What are the names of some of the best Reps that will do a good job of helping us get the lot we would like, the style of house, and that you all have found?
We will have to do this pretty much long distance and would like someone that is going to be able to pretty much be able to do it all.
I am brand new at posting so don't know if this got in the right spot or not.
I would recommend Tony Trussler, but each person on TOTV will suggest that their rep is the best. Which probably indicates that they are all pretty good.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
........What are the names of some of the best Reps that will do a good job of helping us get the lot we would like, the style of house, and that you all have found? ........
Welcome to TOTV!!!

Here's a prior thread on the topic - plenty of feedback in it:

Sales Rep in TV for New Homes

Bill
Old 04-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Wow... how much TV cut back on the perks. Thats what sold us was being able to do all the things on our passes. Well everything changes. Still its worth it Have a good time.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.