Location, Location, Location

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA
Default Location, Location, Location

Hi Guys! Very shortly I will be arriving in TV & experiencing first hand the preview lifestyle. I can hardly wait . . . . I am also looking forward to viewing homes that are for sale & arrangements have already been made.

Everyone knows how important LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is! How close to town squares, shopping, golf, view, back yard privacy, neighbors, traffic etc.~ so important - And I agree. BUT, here is my question - I have noticed that some advertised TV homes are across the street from shopping centers. It would certainly make it very convenient for the home owner but I am wondering if a location like this could devalue the home? Would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Betty
Old 08-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Default Location, Location, Location

I neglected to mention that I saw (online) a CYV that I really liked and it was located across the street from a Regional Shopping Center. This fact was mentioned as one of the selling points (which really does apeal to me). I am requesting opinions of other members who live in TV and who may have some insightful opinions. Much appreciated,

Betty
Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Eternal Member
Default It's really Up To You....

So it's not hard to imagine that a home overlooking a lake, a golf course, a lake on a golf course or a nature preserve would fetch more than a home across from the shopping center. And the home across from the shopping center may fetch more than an interior home.
But only you can decide if it's the right location for you. Does being able to walk to the town sq matter to you? Or walk to the store? Or sit on your lanai and sip coffee in the morning as the alligators swim by, or the golfers hack their way along the course.
For me, I wanted to maximize the house I could get - for the money I was able to spend, I had a choice between a CYV with a bit of a view, or a larger house on a somewhat larger than normal interior lot. I went for the interior lot. My logic was (for me at least) simple - get the most house for the money.
Others see it differently - and find the location to be worth the premium. And others simply weren't constrained by the price!
A freind of mine just purchased a CYV in Spanish Springs so he can stumble home form the town square (at least that's what he says), and he though the premium was well worth it.
It's really up to you! Check it out, and see for yourself.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Welcome

Villages like Belevedere, Bonnybrook and Tall Trees are close to 466 and a 5 min cart ride away from banks, Publix, Wallmart, FreshMarket, many restaurants and we love the convenience. There is something for everyone in TV. When you visit and ride around in a golf cart you will begin to know what you like and don't like. Enjoy the adventure.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Villages like Belevedere, Bonnybrook and Tall Trees are close to 466 and a 5 min cart ride away from banks, Publix, Wallmart, FreshMarket, many restaurants and we love the convenience. There is something for everyone in TV. When you visit and ride around in a golf cart you will begin to know what you like and don't like. Enjoy the adventure.

I honestly don't think there is one inferior Village in TV. Everyone seems to love their own location. I particularly like the area mentioned by Duffysmom, close to so much shopping and restaurants (Bonefish Grill, Red Lobster, Olive Garden) and the library and the dog park. Not within walking distance of the Town Squares, but a 12 minute ride by golf cart.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 PM

Thanks Steve - much appreciated.

I suppose the draw to that location has more to do with my background. Presently I live is a small rural town in VA. I moved here from Philly - not far from Center City Philadelphia. Everything you could want was a stone's throw away. I do enjoy the peace and quiet of a small town, but by it's very nature, you are not close to much of anything. I thought I could have the best of both world's with that particular CYV - Naturally, I will have to wait and see what it's really like, after I get there. I see you are from NY! City or outskirts? I love NY - China Town best of all - thanks again, Betty
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 PM

Hi Duffysmom and Barefoot At Last ~ The Village where this CYV is located is Briar Meadow - northern most Village I think. At least it appears that way from the map I have. I wasn't questioning the Village but the location of the CYV to the Shopping Center. I am sure all of the Villages have wonderful amenities and loyal residents.
I really like what you have both mentioned - sp many nice restuarants & stores, so i will be sure to check it out when I arrive. Where are the dog parks located? Are there any good Vets in TV or do you have to go outside? Betty
Old 08-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
Thanks Steve - much appreciated.

I suppose the draw to that location has more to do with my background. Presently I live is a small rural town in VA. I moved here from Philly - not far from Center City Philadelphia. Everything you could want was a stone's throw away. I do enjoy the peace and quiet of a small town, but by it's very nature, you are not close to much of anything. I thought I could have the best of both world's with that particular CYV - Naturally, I will have to wait and see what it's really like, after I get there. I see you are from NY! City or outskirts? I love NY - China Town best of all - thanks again, Betty
I'm from NYC - living in Staten Island at the moment - on the verge of retiring. Everything in Staten Island is close, so I can appreciate your desire for convenience.
If you listen, almost everyone loves the location of their home in TV. I think the mantra "location, location, location" applies to TV in its entirety. I've yet to see a place there that I would not be OK living.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default It IS just too good to be true.

Oh Opulence. There is nothing so wonderful as seeing this place for the first time and then trying to describe it to someone else.

I can't wait to hear your impressions.

Welcome. Enjoy your stay.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Default Locatioin, Location, Location

Hi Gracie Girl - so glad you have replied! I read your posts to all of the time, heck - I feel like your an old friend <g>

Ok - arriving soon (10 days) what should I do first - after checking in I mean!
Will arrive around 12:30 PM or so - get settled into one of the cottages, have lunch (where do you suggest) and then what is the very first thing I should do to start off my preview lifestyle visit! I am all ears.

Betty
Old 08-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister
Talking Come On Down

Hi Opulence, and welcome to TV.

In your query about location across from a shopping center, you used the term "Regional", and I wonder if you really heard or read about homes across from Regional Recreation Centers, rather then shopping centers. I know of no shopping centers in TV environs which have houses across the street from them. There are houses, CYV's, across the streets from the two town centers (Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing) and there are houses, CYV's across the streets from professional centers.

You received a suggestion that seeing (experiencing) TV is the only way to go and you are on your way.

I would suggest that after you get settled, get a golf cart and sign up for the tour and get with a realestate agent. As far as lunch is concerned....go to any of the country clubs....they all have wonderful selections, good quality food and at a very reasonable price....or there are any number of restaurants located around both town squares. My favorites for dinner are Bone Fish on hwy 466 or Nancy Lopez Country Club. You will not be sorry selecting either or both.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Hi, Opulence! to TV!

You mentioned that arrangements have been made for you to see some real estate; so I suggest that you hook up with that representative and structure your visit with that rep.

The trolley tour is a must do. Watching a sunset at Lake Sumter should be a priority, as should be strolling along the boardwalk lakeside.

Good deli meal can be found at Too Jays in either town square. But be sure to take advantage of the gift coupons you'll receive in the lifestyle visit pkg.

Check the activities schedule for the week and if you see Rocky and the Rollers entertaining in a town square - make sure you pencil that into your calendar!

What sort of sports interest you? Check out the facilities for those sports - and don't miss checking out the polo fields where you can catch a match in season. And check out a couple of the regional recreation centers to see what they have to offer.

Just try to enjoy yourself and don't over schedule - sometimes an evening on your lanai is all the pleasure you need!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Ok - arriving soon (10 days) what should I do first - after checking in I mean!
Will arrive around 12:30 PM or so - get settled into one of the cottages, have lunch (where do you suggest) and then what is the very first thing I should do to start off my preview lifestyle visit! I am all ears.

Betty
Betty
I just returned from a LSP so here is what you will want to do. Not sure you have a sales agent as yet but if you do they will be with you during the check-in process. If not another agent will do it. The first day should be all yours to explore Lake Sumter Landing as it is not a full day. Set up some time to meet with the agent early the next day but not the day you arrive.

If you are arriving at about 12:30 and go through the check-in at the CYV just throw all your things in the room and it is time to explore. It should be about 2:00 by then so get in the golf card and ride over to LSL, park and walk around enjoying everything you see. If this is your first trip you will be amazed. Pick a street and walk from one end to the other then cross the street and walk back. By this time it will be ready for an early supper. The choice is yours and there are many to pick from. For me it would be Red Sauce but if you want BBQ it is Sonny's, and fish it is Up The Creek. There are even more to choose from with no bad choices.

After you finish eating it is time to hit the square. Entertainment starts at 5 and runs until 9. After that it is a short cart drive back to the villa and you can start unpacking then.

Here is a link to a posting I made as to what is included in the LSP and the check-in process.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...369#post217369

Enjoy your stay and get a true feeling of TV from the north end to the south.

Last edited by Hawkwind; 08-04-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Duffysmom and Barefoot At Last ~ The Village where this CYV is located is Briar Meadow - northern most Village I think. At least it appears that way from the map I have. I wasn't questioning the Village but the location of the CYV to the Shopping Center. I am sure all of the Villages have wonderful amenities and loyal residents.
I really like what you have both mentioned - sp many nice restuarants & stores, so i will be sure to check it out when I arrive. Where are the dog parks located? Are there any good Vets in TV or do you have to go outside? Betty
I think the CYV you mentioned in Briar Meadow must be close to the Mulberry Shopping Center. Which does have a grocery store and at least one restaurant. Briar Meadow is a bit remote from the southern part of TV, but the prices are excellent there, and the mature landscaping make it very pretty. There is also a Villages Dog Park planned for the Springdale Walking Trail area, very close to Briar Meadow. And there is a private Dog Park close by. There are a lot of good vets in TV, and tons of happy pet owners.

I can't remember what we did during our lifestyle preview, it was a blur, we were so busy. And we didn't have a golf cart or even take the trolley ride! We did look at a lot of homes, new and resale, and put in an offer on one. (Even though that was not our intention when we arrived). And that is what we mean by "drinking the Koolaid".
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM

Good morning - Frankly, I'm not sure where I got it in my head that it was a Regional Shopping Center. I just checked again and it's the Mulberry Grove Center, which has several resturants and Professional offices as well. I must have read something that triggered in my mind that "Regional" was connected with it. No doubt, I could be very wrong . . . thanks so much for your reply. Betty
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.