The Lofts

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2023, 08:10 PM
Default lofts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
When lofts were opened, we went to look at them for in-law. Nothing special, it’s an apartment. The drawback was only 1 year lease, and no sublet. A 3 bedroom house was about half than renting a 1 bed loft. Looks like that has changed if poster only stayed 4 months
I bought a new house from the villages they cancelled my lease. It was house number 9 in the villages. I really like the smell of a new house.
Old 09-04-2023, 05:18 AM

Pity the poor OP who got virtually no information about what he was asking for. The OP wanted opinion about the experience of living at the lofts, not whether you would choose to live there or not.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

Don't forget the cost of a new roof on houses.
Old 09-04-2023, 07:06 AM

Hopefully, someone who actually rented at The Lofts or has a friend or relative who lives there will answer these questions for the OP: Are the apartments noisy or quiet? Is the pool pleasantly crowded or overcrowded? Same for rec room and BBQs. What's that renter's "things I like" list and "things I wish were better" list. How's storage? Is there extra available and is there a cost associated with that? What's the pet policy? How's parking? Clearly, I don't know the answers to these questions, but just trying to steer the bus back toward the original OP's post, with apologies, folks. I know how we can get off track, moi included
Old 09-04-2023, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you can afford to pay cash for a villa, you can get the same square footage and the same amenities as The Lofts for a third of the monthly cost. I don't see any advantage to living at The Lofts.
If you are drinker, you have several good choices for restaurants with bars you can walk to.

You are within walking distance to Eisenhower Center and a Publix shopping center.

After the recent runup in housing prices which I believe have peaked, the financial advantages have been greatly diminished. So rent and wait for the next housing collapse.
Old 09-04-2023, 07:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Typical thread hijacking. Some folks just can't resist.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I can't answer because I don't live there, but I often wonder why TV doesn't build condos. There are many widows in TV, who would undoubtedly like to not have to deal with a house, but would like to live out their days here where their friends are. Condos are the perfect solution.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Typical thread hijacking. Some folks just can't resist.
Point taken. But I am not sure that comparing the cost of The Lofts to home ownership is that far off the topic.
Old 09-04-2023, 12:07 PM

I think your age should be considered as well.. we are not building a nest egg at this stage of the game, we're trying to live off the one we hopefully still have...
Old 09-04-2023, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Point taken. But I am not sure that comparing the cost of The Lofts to home ownership is that far off the topic.
Wonder if anyone living in the Lofts actually posts here?
Old 09-04-2023, 08:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahcme View Post
Hopefully, someone who actually rented at The Lofts or has a friend or relative who lives there will answer these questions for the OP: Are the apartments noisy or quiet? Is the pool pleasantly crowded or overcrowded? Same for rec room and BBQs. What's that renter's "things I like" list and "things I wish were better" list. How's storage? Is there extra available and is there a cost associated with that? What's the pet policy? How's parking? Clearly, I don't know the answers to these questions, but just trying to steer the bus back toward the original OP's post, with apologies, folks. I know how we can get off track, moi included
Parking is a space as long as it’s not near the pool is not a problem. If you want a covered space, a garage you must add that cost to your rent, if one is available. If you have a golf cart it sits in the elements.

We found noise is about the people next door, not issues with the walls. If they are extremely hard of hearing, and many are, their CW music is very loud, and one can hear the yelling in the halls. Pool isn’t any busier than any other neighborhood pool.

Didn’t have pets so not on the list, but they have a small dog area. The cost for a one bed, was $300 more than renting a PV. Both needed renter insurance, WiFi, streaming, electricity, furniture (both lofts and PV furnished for a fee). PV was 2 bed more SF. The lack of garage, ability to store was more of a deciding factor, than the $300 difference
Closed Thread

Tags
lofts, comment, living, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.