Looking for advice on a rental

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2023, 11:21 AM
Default Looking for advice on a rental

Hi, I've heard about the villages from friends of mine and I am planning to visit in March and April.It's my first time visiting so obviously I don't know much about the villages. I would like recommendations or suggestions on renting a place, is sharing a home possible?

Recently turned 69, single, been retired for a number of years. In 2016 I relocated from New Jersey to Western Colorado. I am active And enjoy hiking, working out, rock 'n' roll, flying Remote control aircraft, Kayaking, Cooking and photography. I own my own home in Colorado on 10 acres.

Thanks for your help,
Michael

732–599–4801
Old 02-05-2023, 01:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

VBRO is a great place to start, however, the villages will be a completely different place from Western CO. So not sure if you are flying or driving, I would recommend driving down if staying for two months to save a bunch of money renting a car. Plus you can bring a bit more than a flight

good luck,
Old 02-05-2023, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Sharing a rental house may be difficult to arrange. When I first moved here, I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Spanish Springs for about 6 weeks before buying a house. It was actually cheaper than renting a house and more convenient for me. But, you wouldn't have access to all of The Villages amenities because you wouldn't get a resident pass.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

The first time we came down, we stayed with friends.

Then, about a year later, we rented thru The Villages rentals.

Yes, it was probably a bit more expensive, but everything was handled thru them (including out temporary resident passes). We had to have our friends pick up the keys (as we were arriving late), but that was no problem.

Everything we needed (garage door openers, and extra keys) were left on the counter, along with a folder full of useful information (maps, event schedules, trash pick up days, etc...)

On check out, we left the trash bagged in the garage and their cleaning crew took care of everything.

You can see the house you're renting on line, as well...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-05-2023, 05:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

I found an AirBnB room in a gentleman's house for my first stay. He had a golf cart I could have rented, but I had my car, so I didn't need it. He was able to get me a guest pass for all the sports and rec centre events.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:48 PM
Default Looking for a rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I found an AirBnB room in a gentleman's house for my first stay. He had a golf cart I could have rented, but I had my car, so I didn't need it. He was able to get me a guest pass for all the sports and rec centre events.
Thanks for getting back to me with the info. Do you know if this gentleman is still renting a room in his home and do you know how I could contact him? Cheers, Michael
Old 02-06-2023, 02:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Do a lifestyle visit.
Closed Thread

Tags
colorado, villages, home, active, enjoy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.