Looking to buy - which area would be best

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2022, 08:54 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Generally speaking nothing near the turnpike.
That's a matter of opinion. You'll get just as much noise/air pollution or worse if you live in an area with traffic like if your house backs directly onto Morse for example compared to a quarter mile to the turnpike.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,159 Times in 5,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
That's a matter of opinion. You'll get just as much noise/air pollution or worse if you live in an area with traffic like if your house backs directly onto Morse for example compared to a quarter mile to the turnpike.
Not after 8 30 pm when vast majority of us are home
Old 06-30-2022, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
With all respect if not for the light of different opinions about the villages there would be no shadow, please be respectful and Curtis.
Your opinion has no value. You have never been here, and you always post negatively about TV. You need to move on. I will never be Curtis, but I can be courteous.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:12 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Rent first

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstats View Post
DH and I are looking to buy in the fall. We just need a small house with 2 bedrooms. Dont play golf so don't need to be close to courses. More interested in being able to use golf cart to get to stores etc. Would like to be near dog park since we have 2 small dogs.

Not sure if we will buy new or resale. Open to both. Any suggestions. TIA
There are lots of other considerations when picking a neighborhood (Village.). Since turn-key rentals are very available in the summer, why not rent - perhaps more than once - before you buy? After renting in three different places, we ended up in a 20 year old Village and have been very happy with our selection.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdfitzpatrick@aol.com View Post
Do not buy a new house unless you are up for 3 months of fixing it.Bought new in January and still working on it. Buy preowned 2-5 years old that someone else has fixed
You know you have a one year warranty, right? There’s fixing things that are broken (warranty) and fixing things to your liking - planting, landscaping, decorating, etc. Yes, a pre-owned will have a lot more of the second done, assuming you will like what the previous owner did.
Old 06-30-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
DH and I are looking to buy in the fall. We just need a small house with 2 bedrooms. Dont play golf so don't need to be close to courses. More interested in being able to use golf cart to get to stores etc. Would like to be near dog park since we have 2 small dogs.

Why would you want my opinion? I don’t know your preferences and vice versa! Isn’t that is what a sales person is about??
Old 06-30-2022, 06:42 AM

We rented for 4 years. North Briar Meadow has it all! Quiet too!
Old 06-30-2022, 07:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Your opinion has no value. You have never been here, and you always post negatively about TV. You need to move on. I will never be Curtis, but I can be courteous.
If you haven't, try the ignore user option. For me it improves the experience here significantly.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,159 Times in 5,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjelenbaas View Post
Why would you want my opinion? I don’t know your preferences and vice versa! Isn’t that is what a sales person is about??
A salesman first interest in selling. Hopefully individuals will give an unbiased opinion
Old 06-30-2022, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
If you haven't, try the ignore user option. For me it improves the experience here significantly.
I am kicking him to the curb.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:46 AM
Default Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&JenC View Post
West DeLuna is where all the cool kids live.
Visiting our new DeLuna Villa end of next week. COOL!!
Old 06-30-2022, 08:23 AM
Default Buy in The Villages ?

Recommend you take your time. Try to rent in TV for a month or more to actually see what's going on.
.................................................. ..
Restaurants can be hard to get into especially Jan. to April (Winter Times) as the "Morse Money Hungry Moguls" are now more concerned with making money from home sales for the new buyers now south past Interstate 91.
This is totally unlike what Harold Schwartz and Gary Morse had done to build "The Villages" being Spanish Springs, Lake Sumter, Brownwood, Stores (Town Squares) Rec. Centers and Shopping for people's convenience and enjoyment in the Southern part of The Villages.

This is why we moved out 2 years ago.
living there from 2009 to 2020.
Not saying it is not a nice place to live. We were tired of all the traffic bringing people north of 44 for their enjoyment and dining.

Quote:

Old 06-30-2022, 08:28 AM
Default Looking to buy

If and when looking so you know, The Villages Salespeople are told to sell new homes at The Moguls' requirements.
Perhaps pick a Broker other than "The Villages Salespeople" to shop used homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Recommend you take your time. Try to rent in TV for a month or more to actually see what's going on.
Restaurants can be hard to get into especially Jan. to April (Winter Times) as the "Morse Money Hungry Moguls" are now more concerned with making money from home sales for the new buyers now south past Interstate 91.
This is totally unlike what Harold Schwartz and Gary Morse had done to build "The Villages" being Spanish Springs, Lake Sumter, Brownwood, Stores (Town Squares) Rec. Centers and Shopping for people's convenience and enjoyment in the Southern part of The Villages.

Not saying it is not a nice place to live. We were tired of all the traffic bringing people north of 44 for their enjoyment and dining.

Old 06-30-2022, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post

Two years ago……..makes your opinion worthless.
Money hungry moguls….,….. give it a break!
Old 06-30-2022, 10:17 AM
Default Spanish springs

We live in Spanish springs and won’t move because we are so close to all of the shopping
Closed Thread

Tags
buy, golf, small, dog, park

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.