Looking Forward to our Preview Visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Default Looking Forward to our Preview Visit

Hi Everyone,
I've spent HOURS (maybe days!) reading all of your wonderful questions and responses, and I know I've learned so much from you, so, "Thanks!" I feel like I already know some of you, like Gracie and Happinow.
Wayne and I will be down for 10 days (all they'd allow us to visit) on March 5. I think it's good that they'll be putting us up in a CYV, so that we'll have a chance to see if we like that size home or not. Wayne's 6'9" and I'm 5"10", so we may be more comfortable in a Designer home. We'll see!
I study the Designer homes like a fiend everyday, but keep changing my mind. I was wild about the Bridgeport, but decided that the lanai is just too tiny. (Darn!!)Then the Elm and the Aspen took the "lead"; today's champion is the Gardenia, if I can add a closet to the 3rd bedroom! Maybe I should just put away my notebook of floor plans for a while and wait to actually walk through the homes! I'm going a little crazy.
Thanks again for all this great sharing. I'll be looking out for you on line.
Victoria and Wayne from Connecticut
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Visit to TV

Welcome

Yes you can add a closet to the den in the Gardenia and make it a bedroom.
You can stretch the house in all directions as well. We checked out the Gardenia two years ago. Stretching the living room, 2nd and 3rd bedrooms is a good choice and not too expensive. However if you want a golf cart garage addition you need a larger lot to fit it on.

Good luck on your visit. You can check out all the models one after the other with your sales agent. Just bring lots of paper for notes and a camera as well.
They all look the same after awhile.

So tell us where from CT are you? We lived in Norwalk then Trumbull.
Our daughter never left CT and now lives in Milford.

Go Huskies! and Happy house hunting in TV!
Old 02-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default OH, I am so happy for you both. Just wait!!!

Welcome to the most exciting time of your life. I wish I had film clips of people's faces when they see this place for the first time and then are driven around here and see how it goes on and on and on.

I remember our granddaughter at three the first time she saw Mickey Mouse at the Orlando Airport.

It is just that kinda fun.

You have NO idea how much you are gonna love it here.

Please know we would love to have you stop by. PM if you have time.

Hugs,
Gracie
Old 02-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Sage

Usually when something is hyped like The Villages, when you finally see it...it's disappointment.

Trust me when I say, this will not be the case for you!

Be prepared to be amazed!!!!

Last edited by angiefox10; 02-08-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Sage
Default Enjoy your visit!

I'm so excited for you! We always remember certain experiences when we are kids like Christmas, Birthdays and special trips. When you come to TV this will be an experience you'll remember for the rest of you life! It has beauty and charm all wrapped into one big lifestyle. The people you meet are a huge bonus. We are due to fly in on Sunday to start our building process and I'm still looking at the models on line to try to narrow them down. I've come to the conclusion that I have to walk through some of them again. I've been through them once before but now I will go in with a keener eye and picture myself living in the flow of the home. I so love looking at the models in person.

This is a fun time of your life and do all that you can do and see all that you can see. It really is a playground for adults! Best of luck with your LSV!
Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Sage

Victoria and Wayne:

I am sooooooo happy that you are going to experience TV on a LSV. I can feel your excitement.

I just wanted to wish you a to TOTV and hope you make all the right decisions for yourself.

I am from Bridgeport, CT. Where are you in CT?

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriada1 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've spent HOURS (maybe days!) reading all of your wonderful questions and responses, and I know I've learned so much from you, so, "Thanks!" I feel like I already know some of you, like Gracie and Happinow.
Wayne and I will be down for 10 days (all they'd allow us to visit) on March 5. I think it's good that they'll be putting us up in a CYV, so that we'll have a chance to see if we like that size home or not. Wayne's 6'9" and I'm 5"10", so we may be more comfortable in a Designer home. We'll see!
I study the Designer homes like a fiend everyday, but keep changing my mind. I was wild about the Bridgeport, but decided that the lanai is just too tiny. (Darn!!)Then the Elm and the Aspen took the "lead"; today's champion is the Gardenia, if I can add a closet to the 3rd bedroom! Maybe I should just put away my notebook of floor plans for a while and wait to actually walk through the homes! I'm going a little crazy.
Dont count out the Cottage home series. They are pretty spacious and you have a ton of options to make it your own. Maybe you can tell I bought a Seabreeze and its great. Most of all enjoy your visit, the Villages are amazing. If you get a golf cart garage the driveways are huge so you can put up basketball hoop for Wayne to wow the neighbors with his dunking skills.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:08 PM

We live in Bristol, home of ESPN. Florida sure would be a big change if we decide to really make the move. Wayne's getting cold feet (no CT pun intended), but I'm very excited.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
We live in Bristol, home of ESPN. Florida sure would be a big change if we decide to really make the move. Wayne's getting cold feet (no CT pun intended), but I'm very excited.
Don't worry Victoria. I suspect Wayne's cold feet will melt as soon as he sees this place.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Platinum member

My Tennessee gal pal visited in January. Despite repeated recitations on my part about how TV is The Only Place, she was skeptical.

Now, she is preparing her TN house for showing and is in contact with several realtors here so that she can find exactly what she wants.

During her visit, it was great fun to see her attitude change! At the outset, she was "certain" that she wouldn't be able to find a place to meet her ideal specifications at her desired price level. We viewed a half dozen new and pre-owned homes that met every one of those! And, she learned so much more about our lifestyle here!

With 99.99999% certainty I can say that she will be a Villager before 2012 ends!

Isn't it fun?

SWR
Old 02-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Victoria -- Hope your Preview visit is great. I spend a lot of time on The Villages web site looking at homes, even though I will be a wannabee for quite some time. I also get resale home listings e-mailed to me by an MLS realtor who sells homes in The Villages. It does get addictive looking at homes in TV. Post on TOTV how the Preview visit goes.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.