Love it when a plan comes together!

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

congrats ernie and jean! enjoy the new neighborhood and new neighbors! am sitting here on the jersey shore - out of evacuation territory - wondering what my neighborhood willl look like on monday!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Veteran member

Way to go, GaDawg & Peach!! Hold down the fort--we are trying to get there!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Default Be safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
congrats ernie and jean! enjoy the new neighborhood and new neighbors! am sitting here on the jersey shore - out of evacuation territory - wondering what my neighborhood willl look like on monday!
We'll have a special prayer for all you Jersey guys this weekend. We've been through a few here in Fla. in the past and they are no fun. Be safe!
Old 08-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Well today was a day to remember. We closed on our new Iris in Sanibel. After two years and four months working a plan to move to TV, it has finally come true for us. The GaDawg and his GaPeach are now Sanibellians. Baker Ln will be our home now until we croak as they say. We can hardly wait to meet more of the new folks in the neighborhood along with many of you who have responded to some of my posts. We count you all as friends we have yet to meet. Good luck to all who are closing soon and moving into your new homes and for those of you who are still waiting for that one person who will tell you your home is the one, good luck. It will be soon, very very soon. Many thanks to all who have lended encouragement throughout our journey. We are here now and will be for a long time to come. Sanibel.....what a great name for a new village. See you around the neighborhood and.....Y'all come visit, ya heah! Ernie and Joan
Thrilled to pieces for both of you. It only looks easy when you look back on it.

I wish you both every good thing in this beautiful place.

They called us yesterday to schedule our closing right on time, but the house looks like it will be done ahead of schedule.

It is really part of the fun seeing the amazing building process. It truly is a science and exact team work.

We are so happy to be becoming Frogs in the same month as you two.

The rest of you wannabes? Come on down!!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Default So happy for you!!!

Glad everything went smoothly. You've taken us with you on your journey - we feel like we know you already. Hopefully that one person will be making our home theirs and we also will be on our way to Sanibel - Again, very happy for you and your GApeach!!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:10 AM

Ernie and Joan,

Congrats on settling on your new home in Sanibel.

Hope to meet you and other Sanibellians at the Grand Opening Cookout on September 29.

Kathy and Jack

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 08-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Oh boy, I sure don't want to be a trouble maker but I would feel bad if I knew something and did not share it ...so people could check it out but....did I read once that there is a smell around Sanibel ...from a dump?!?!?....sure hope not. Please Residents can you help with this one....so either that rumor is dismissed or confirmed. I would want someone to check it out for me if this is the case.

Every time we are there I think of the poor people who bought on the golf course near the sewage treatment plant near Bonita....so could someone please confirm or deny this rumor for the person who started this thread- GaDawg! That way he could move his home site if needed
The sewer plant on Bonita had a new "Carbon Scrubber" installed in the first few weeks of Aug. 2011. I have not smelled the bad stuff since.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM

Congrats on your new home in Sanibel. We are so happy for you......wish we were there with you. We have a way to go yet. See on September 29 at the grand open of Sanibel
Old 03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Well, it has been quiet a day today. Super Realtor Jackie Murphy called and said Sanibel was open for business. She has found that perfect lot for us, #75 Baker Ln., and we pounced on it. Not long after our Realtor from our home town called and we have an offer on our home here after only 5 days on the market!! Wow! If all of this goes through, and the plan comes together, it will be the culmination of 2 years of planning to become a Frog. Anyway, The GaDawg and his Peach will be there with bells on asap. Y'all come visit, heah! Ernie and Joan

WE ran into this sweet couple at Bob Evans this week and I was trying to think when Sanibel started. Can you believe that over 2000 homes have been built south of 466A since this date or thereabouts?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
WE ran into this sweet couple at Bob Evans this week and I was trying to think when Sanibel started. Can you believe that over 2000 homes have been built south of 466A since this date or thereabouts?
I can believe it as this thread started on May 2, 2011, (almost two years ago).

TV building process is a well oiled machine.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Patience pays off. Good luck and good living!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.