Love it when a plan comes together!

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 09:45 PM

GaDawg: in addition to all that body-part crossing, here's another idea.

Why not tell your realtor to tell propsective buyers that you need to sell your home bc you are moving down to Gainesville area to do recon/spying on them Gators!

No true UGA fan would pass up the opportunity to help another dawg do something to help bring down the Gators!

Don't get me wrong, here. UF rules!

However, I root for all fellow potential Villagers to have their dream move come through, regardless of their (misguided) SEC affiliation.

Continued Best of Luck wishes to you and all others in a similar situation!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 PM

gmcneill: Thanks for the encouragement. That sounds like a plan. I'll call her tomorrow! You know where we are everyone bleeds red n black. Except for my son-in-law! He's one of those diehard Gators. (don't know what happened there, thought I raised her different) So for the past several years I have had to catch it from him big time. UF has had a good program and has surely given UGA fits over the last several years. We'll see it it continues this year with all the changes that have been made down there. We love SEC football!!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Default They said "This is it!!"

Woooo Hooooo!!!! After 5 weeks on the market we have suddenly gone from being wannabe's to Gonnabe's!! Having countered back and forth for 3 hours last evening, we have a contract on our house!! Now we have to get it to closing on July 15 and TV here we come!! That new home in Sanibel will not be too far behind, and we can begin meeting all of you good folks who have offered encouragement to this Ol' GaDawg and his GaPeach.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Congrats! Your life in lower Paradise is closer than you think

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 06-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Sage

Congrats, GaDawg... the best is yet to come!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDawg View Post
Woooo Hooooo!!!! After 5 weeks on the market we have suddenly gone from being wannabe's to Gonnabe's!! Having countered back and forth for 3 hours last evening, we have a contract on our house!! Now we have to get it to closing on July 15 and TV here we come!! That new home in Sanibel will not be too far behind, and we can begin meeting all of you good folks who have offered encouragement to this Ol' GaDawg and his GaPeach.
I am soooooooooo happy for you. You must be jumping for joy. epper2
Best wishes for a successful closing and smooth move to paradise.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Default Coming together nicely

Would you know it, the only hitch in our sale was the buyer asked for a later closing date, which really helped us a lot. We close in Georgia July 25, have a rental ready in Duval for the month of August, then it is on to our Sanibel home. 4 weeks into the build Monday and it is looking like a house. All closed in with sheetrock up this past week! Our moving truck is to be packed by Sunday afternoon and after the closing here on Monday we will be on our way to TV for good! Happily Homeless for a month! Then we will celebrate the two years of waiting and watch the plan finally come together. Closing August 26! What a time. We were in TV last week and Sanibel is growing houses! Got to meet Larry and Sheila our across the street neighbors. Nice couple. It is such fun to watch a neighborhood come to life! See you in TV next week. Oh, and by the way, anyone have a recommendation of someone who can help unload a truck?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage

GaDawg,

When all the little details get done, the big picture will shine through! Lower Paradise at last and all it has to offer-- great friendships, great amenities, beauty and peace. You're closer than it appears.

Hope to meet you and GAPeach soon!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Sage

Such great news!!!!! I'm so very happy for you!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Would you know it, the only hitch in our sale was the buyer asked for a later closing date, which really helped us a lot. We close in Georgia July 25, have a rental ready in Duval for the month of August, then it is on to our Sanibel home. 4 weeks into the build Monday and it is looking like a house. All closed in with sheetrock up this past week! Our moving truck is to be packed by Sunday afternoon and after the closing here on Monday we will be on our way to TV for good! Happily Homeless for a month! Then we will celebrate the two years of waiting and watch the plan finally come together. Closing August 26! What a time. We were in TV last week and Sanibel is growing houses! Got to meet Larry and Sheila our across the street neighbors. Nice couple. It is such fun to watch a neighborhood come to life! See you in TV next week. Oh, and by the way, anyone have a recommendation of someone who can help unload a truck?
Congratulations on your upcoming most to TV! I also stopped by the Village of Sanibel last week when I was in TV to take a peek -- looking good for all you Sanibelers -- Sanibelians -- what do you call yourselves?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
GaDawg,

When all the little details get done, the big picture will shine through! Lower Paradise at last and all it has to offer-- great friendships, great amenities, beauty and peace. You're closer than it appears.

Hope to meet you and GAPeach soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming most to TV! I also stopped by the Village of Sanibel last week when I was in TV to take a peek -- looking good for all you Sanibelers -- Sanibelians -- what do you call yourselves?
Thanks P, we hope to meet you as well. My GaPeach is from Douglasville. And Angie, when are you going to start that house! Schaumburger, been called a lot of things in the past but Sanibelian or GaDawg will do, however the day is young!

Last edited by GaDawg; 07-19-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: add
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Default The Plan is complete!

Well today was a day to remember. We closed on our new Iris in Sanibel. After two years and four months working a plan to move to TV, it has finally come true for us. The GaDawg and his GaPeach are now Sanibellians. Baker Ln will be our home now until we croak as they say. We can hardly wait to meet more of the new folks in the neighborhood along with many of you who have responded to some of my posts. We count you all as friends we have yet to meet. Good luck to all who are closing soon and moving into your new homes and for those of you who are still waiting for that one person who will tell you your home is the one, good luck. It will be soon, very very soon. Many thanks to all who have lended encouragement throughout our journey. We are here now and will be for a long time to come. Sanibel.....what a great name for a new village. See you around the neighborhood and.....Y'all come visit, ya heah! Ernie and Joan
Old 08-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Well today was a day to remember. We closed on our new Iris in Sanibel. After two years and four months working a plan to move to TV, it has finally come true for us. The GaDawg and his GaPeach are now Sanibellians. Baker Ln will be our home now until we croak as they say. We can hardly wait to meet more of the new folks in the neighborhood along with many of you who have responded to some of my posts. We count you all as friends we have yet to meet. Good luck to all who are closing soon and moving into your new homes and for those of you who are still waiting for that one person who will tell you your home is the one, good luck. It will be soon, very very soon. Many thanks to all who have lended encouragement throughout our journey. We are here now and will be for a long time to come. Sanibel.....what a great name for a new village. See you around the neighborhood and.....Y'all come visit, ya heah! Ernie and Joan
Ernie and Joan,
I'm thrilled for you!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Pturner;372296]GaDawg,

What she so beautifully said. Ditto.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Sage

Woo-hoo, GaDawg & GaPeach. Life is good!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.