Mail questions

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Default Mail questions

Just a few general mail questions. Where do you retrieve mail that might be too big for your assigned mailbox? Does TV have a post office? If not, where is the closest post office and mail boxes to mail letters? We are closing on Sept 20th in Collier. I have no doubt all these questions will be answered at that time..... but thought I might use this forum for some answers. I appreciate all of your assistance!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyS8 View Post
Just a few general mail questions. Where do you retrieve mail that might be too big for your assigned mailbox? Does TV have a post office? If not, where is the closest post office and mail boxes to mail letters? We are closing on Sept 20th in Collier. I have no doubt all these questions will be answered at that time..... but thought I might use this forum for some answers. I appreciate all of your assistance!
U.S. Mail packages that don't fit in your mailbox at the pool station are placed in a locker there and they put the locker key in your mailbox. That works well.

TV's post offices are in the northern section, not close to Collier. One is across the highway from Spanish Springs, and one is on Teague Trail across the highway from Kohls shopping plaza and back a little bit. Probably Fruitland Park's P.O. on 466-A or Wildwood would be closer to Collier if you need the post office for sending something.

If you get a package/letter requiring a signature, they will try to deliver at your house and if you're not there, they leave a note saying at which post office you can pick it up.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyS8 View Post
When you close, you will receive instructions on how to obtain a key for your assigned mail box at your neighborhood mail station. This is where you go to pick up your daily mail. You can also mail letters at the mail station. If you receive a large item, you will find a key in your daily mailbox. The key opens a larger box at the end of your neighborhood mail station.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

You will need to find out which post office is used for Collier (probably Wildwood). If a box is too large for the box at the pool station, you will have to go to the appropriate post office to pick it up. You will receive a notice in your mailbox telling you which post office and where (for anything north of 466A, it is the Lady Lake P.O.).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-28-2013, 05:34 PM

Thank you all!!!!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Veteran member

We closed at the Brownwood office a couple of months ago and received our PO box key (3 of them) as part of our closing package, along with our photo ID.

Just in case you aren't aware (we were not) expect to have your picture taken as part of your closing.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 07-28-2013, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Every once in a while, the mail station postman at Tamarind Grove will deliver a package to our door if it's too big to fit in one of the lockers. He did this even before we remembered him at Christmas.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.