Mail Service

Old 01-12-2024, 11:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredJacobs View Post
I'm in Virginia Trace and the Post Office has divided the Village into two zip-plus routes. The problem is that they do not come to the mail station at the same time. One arrives around Noon and the other arives around 5PM. Can you guess which one serves my area? I find it best to pick up mail at 9 AM the next day. New slogan for the Post Office - Yesterday's mail today!
New slogan - I don't go out after 5PM.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitnhead View Post
I know many villages have issues with mail delivery. As such, I’d like to let everyone know that a representative from US Postal Service will be at Everglades Recreational Center tomorrow (Wed 1/10) from 9-11 am. This is a service of our elected representative that occurs a few times per year. Other departments being represented will be VA, IRS and SS. Everglades is the rec center in Marsh Bend. We have not gotten any traction contacting Lady Lake about the postal service, but perhaps if residents go in-person tomorrow, we may start to turn this situation around. I am told that the contracted postal employees are vindictive and when complaints have been posted to Facebook, retaliation occurs. I thought this board was a safer option.
So, what are your issues?
Old 01-12-2024, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, what are your issues?
One issue I have is that they will send you an email saying that your package has been delivered, but it has only been dropped off at the postal station, but not delivered into the mailbox. If you show up to collect it, they will tell you that they don't have time to sort through the packages. To me, delivered should mean delivered to the mailbox.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:20 AM

I don't understand why they don't deliver the mail to your house.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:19 AM
Veteran member

Aside from the mail, are Amazon/UPS/Fedex packages delivered directly to your door?
Old 01-17-2024, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu4206 View Post
I don't understand why they don't deliver the mail to your house.
Really, you don't understand? That service has been grandfathered for years. The postal service is non sustaining and the government is reluctant to subsidize. Technology is taking the lead on delivery of stuff you need and order. There really isn't a need for the Postal Service and I suspect that when we die it will eventually die also.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-17-2024, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfcoast View Post
Aside from the mail, are Amazon/UPS/Fedex packages delivered directly to your door?
Yes, unless they transfer them to USPS and pay the postage. USPS packages are normally delivered to the postal station, but sometimes they deliver them to your house if they run out locker space at the postal station. Also, there are some high priority USPS packages delivered to your house.

Tags
service, postal, occurs, tomorrow, everglades

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.