Mailbox stickers

Old 03-16-2024, 12:32 PM
Default Mailbox stickers

We noticed people have put stickers on thier mailboxes (Citrus Grove) I think it's cool to remember your box at the beginning. And add some "personality " Are the stickers allowed? What is everyone's feelings on them? (Should I duck now?)
Old 03-16-2024, 12:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
We noticed people have put stickers on thier mailboxes (Citrus Grove) I think it's cool to remember your box at the beginning. And add some "personality " Are the stickers allowed? What is everyone's feelings on them? (Should I duck now?)
Why not dress 'em up a little? Pretty boring, otherwise.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:23 PM

For me the sticker is essential. I am sight impaired and cannot see the numbers, but I do know the vicinity of my box and I recognize my sticker..
Old 03-16-2024, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

When stickers are removed it takes the paint finish off the mailbox. Some mail stations stickers have been completely removed and had to be repaired and painted. Looks awful.

In the new areas stickers are not allowed
Old 03-16-2024, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
When stickers are removed it takes the paint finish off the mailbox. Some mail stations stickers have been completely removed and had to be repaired and painted. Looks awful.

In the new areas stickers are not allowed
What paint? Ours are plain aluminum... (or "aluminium" for those wacky Brits...)

-Tom Petty
Old 03-16-2024, 03:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
What paint? Ours are plain aluminum... (or "aluminium" for those wacky Brits...)
Agree, ours are also plain metal. After removing a sticker the only remains might be some glue, which could easily be removed with some 'Goo Gone'.

Also, as above mentioned, for some people with vision problems the stickers are wonderful.
Old 03-16-2024, 03:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Why do you care what others think about them? If you like it or need it, do it. You certainly don't need the approval of a bunch of strangers to make a minor decision like this.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

The "building" that houses the cluster mailboxes, the postal station itself, is owned by The Villages. The boxes, and the doors to the boxes, and the locks, are property of the USPS. Theoretically you're not supposed to adorn those box doors with anything, because you don't own them. But the USPS has taken a hands-off approach to them and as long as you're not obscuring the box number or blocking the lock, or putting the sticker in between your box and someone else's, no one's going to "do" anything about it.

Some people consider them to be very tacky. And - some of them (IMO) are tacky. But some are cute, or pretty. I'd suggest keeping political stickers off of them, or anything that suggests that you're "pro" or "anti" anything.
Old 03-16-2024, 04:57 PM
Veteran member

It's been ages since we've had a mailbox sticker posting!
Old 03-16-2024, 04:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
It's been ages since we've had a mailbox sticker posting!
Do not remember one from before, ours has lots of stickers and lots of places where the sticker has been removed leaving residue.

Do not really care one way or another
Old 03-17-2024, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Seems not allowed at our boxes. Boxes have "conveniently" placed scratches on them instead.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:58 AM

Two nations divided by a common language.
As a Brit I love the different way we say garage.
But then again, my wife and I are from two different parts of the UK. You should hear the friendly banter we have about the way you say scone.
Happy to take the Brit gibes - we get worse from the Aussies.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:21 AM

Some folks like the stickers, others ignore them, and a few absolutely hate the idea. Count me in on loving them. The heck with the haters.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Yep, I've got a sticker on my Car and my House as well so I can find them. I have the 'glow in the dark' kind so I can find them even at night.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandabern View Post
Some of the posts on here are quite annoying. I wouldn't bother responding to this, but if you take away the golf course complaints (newsflash, the issues have not been and will not be resolved by posting about it more on ToTV) and annoying comments like one, maybe some productive comments will show up on here.

And since you took the time to be annoying by pointing out the mailbox stickers, I'll note you spelled "their" incorrectly. One irrelevant annoying point deserves another in response.
Welcum too TOTV. Yu will fit rite in!

Tags
stickers, beginning, add, personality, mailbox

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.