Mailbox stickers

Old 03-17-2024, 07:54 AM

First amendment to the Constitution? Who decided mailbox stickers cannot be political or say what you believe.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:01 AM

Mailbox Graffiti - it's a Yankee thang! Brings back a little piece of home from anywhere above the Mason-Dixon Line.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:09 AM
Default Mailbox stickers

As long as the sticker is a blocke maise Michigan M, its ok!

QUOTE=BubblesandPat;2311923]We noticed people have put stickers on thier mailboxes (Citrus Grove) I think it's cool to remember your box at the beginning. And add some "personality " Are the stickers allowed? What is everyone's feelings on them? (Should I duck now?)[/QUOTE]
Old 03-17-2024, 08:10 AM
Default Mailbox stickers

As long as the sticker is a block maise Michigan M, its ok!

QUOTE=BubblesandPat;2311923]We noticed people have put stickers on thier mailboxes (Citrus Grove) I think it's cool to remember your box at the beginning. And add some "personality " Are the stickers allowed? What is everyone's feelings on them? (Should I duck now?)[/QUOTE]
Old 03-17-2024, 08:18 AM
Gold member

///

Last edited by Dusty_Star; 03-17-2024 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
We noticed people have put stickers on thier mailboxes (Citrus Grove) I think it's cool to remember your box at the beginning. And add some "personality " Are the stickers allowed? What is everyone's feelings on them? (Should I duck now?)
It's just old fart graffiti. Too me it's just trashy
Old 03-17-2024, 08:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
At closing I did NOT get an envelope with 2-3 keys & the number of my mailbox. There was no envelope & there was no number written on this non-existant envelope.

Why, when I clearly stated that I had trouble getting my mailbox number after purchasing my house did you

1. Decide to disbelieve me?
2. Decide to post your disbelief publicly?
As I stated that was what we received for the our four houses, 3 new one preowned.
At sell of our last two home we were instructed to leaved Keys on counter, which we left In the original envelope from closing.

If one doesn’t question that vital information is missing at closing, then that’s on the buyer.
If no keys are left at preowned, then simple trip to local Postoffice for mail box number and new locks and keys provided will be installed.

Our garage door openers were missing at preowned. Just stopped at Romac and bought new ones, gave us sheet to program, issue fixed. Not a big deal, definitely didn’t get upset that they were missing. There are better things to think about, that one cannot fix

Giving info on our experience is just that. Seems you made your experience public once you posted on any public forum.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
If you want stickers, use them. If they’re not allowed, Im Sure there are dozens of people who won’t hesitate to bang on your door and tell you. Simple.
Are those bangers members of the mailbox police? Asking for a friend.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:16 AM
Default Political Stickers

At the LaBelle postal station, there were some that had political stickers. All of those were removed but other stickers were allowed to remain. That's a good policy.
Old 03-17-2024, 11:45 AM

I think that they are ugly!
Old 03-17-2024, 12:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

My parents taught me to respect other people's property. The mailboxes are some else's property, you do not have the right to deface that property. Using the justifications espoused in this thread, I guess it would be permissible for anyone to put their favorite whimsical or funny sticker on your house or car, right? Apparently, entitlement trumps good manners and proper morals.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:33 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
We noticed people have put stickers on thier mailboxes (Citrus Grove) I think it's cool to remember your box at the beginning. And add some "personality " Are the stickers allowed? What is everyone's feelings on them? (Should I duck now?)
In our villages it's been "allowed" for 18 years. No one seems to mind (?) but maybe they do and just "suck it up" ? We have really enjoyed having NO sticker as it helps us find our immediately...LOL ! Only there for literally seconds each day, so frankly the variety of alma maters, favorite teams, home state stickers, etc. is kind of interesting and certainly doesn't interfere with my life in a meaningful way ! ?
Old 03-17-2024, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandabern View Post
Some of the posts on here are quite annoying. I wouldn't bother responding to this, but if you take away the golf course complaints (newsflash, the issues have not been and will not be resolved by posting about it more on ToTV) and annoying comments like one, maybe some productive comments will show up on here.

And since you took the time to be annoying by pointing out the mailbox stickers, I'll note you spelled "their" incorrectly. One irrelevant annoying point deserves another in response.
Haha! Thank you..always been a horrible speller.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
My parents taught me to respect other people's property. The mailboxes are some else's property, you do not have the right to deface that property. Using the justifications espoused in this thread, I guess it would be permissible for anyone to put their favorite whimsical or funny sticker on your house or car, right? Apparently, entitlement trumps good manners and proper morals.
Not sure I understand, but that's happened to me before. I think MANY people do but whimsical and personally meaningful, stickers and other symbols on their cars and homes( garden flags, favorite team symbols, bumper stickers and window stickers of their preferred political candidate, their choice, even Christians putting small crosses near their homes. To me, putting an NHL team sticker on a pigeon hole mailbox that is NOT in a federal post office, is not really akin to spray painting a statue in the courthouse or spray painting offensive words on public sidewalks, but that's just one opinion !
Old 03-17-2024, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Heh.

My wife and I played a lot of league tennis in years past. In one tournament we were matched against a couple with obvious accents. As we met at the net just before the start of the match I commented to the guy that I had a hard time understanding an Australian accent. He replied, very frostily, "I'm British". Don't know why that irritated him.
There is a lot of history, and cricket and rugby hasn't helped.
Next time you meet an Aussie, ask to see their shackle marks!

Tags
stickers, beginning, add, personality, mailbox

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.