Making a permanent move to TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet92 View Post
Good to see some folks from Iowa moving to TV's! I'm from Iowa and still have family in Des Moines area all the way to the Amana area. Good luck on your move...hope to be choosing a home there sometime in the next month or so. We sold our home after being on the market 2 weeks here in North Alabama. Each day we get a bit closer to moving away from our home of the last 20 yrs and searching for that next one for 20 or more
USNRet~Dave
Ebsmom~Bev
BEST WISHES AND CONGRATS TO EVERYONE MOVING TO THE VILLAGES....

However, we LOVE Iowa and particularly the Amana Colonies which is a step back in time to a gentler era.

We've returned there at least six times.....although after 911 the tourism declined (so they told us). Less crowds in the great "home style cooking" restaurants which everyone flocks to.

As a whole, Iowa is a beautiful state. Our daughter in law's mom's family were born in Iowa. The Bridges of Madison County was filmed there.

It's as pretty as Vermont but way bigger........

One fond memory is when we tried to leave town (A.C.) waiting for this very very long train to pass by..........so we went a different way, only to find the same train......still passing by........but the skies were so blue and the clouds so white (similar to The Villages beautiful skies)...that we didn't mind waiting.

Great woodcrafters out that way.

We remember those "snow gates" to close the interstate....so yes, you are correct, they won't miss the blizzards, wind, etc. I wonder if there is an Iowa Club?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourishing Palms View Post
We're striking out finding a place to rent. Those we've found in the Internet are not available when we'd like them.

Can anyone suggest something? We're looking for:
2 bedrooms
May 21 to June 18
pet-friendly: 35 pound beagle/chow dog, well-trained (NEVER on furniture or beds)
Wifi

TIA, Linda
Flourishing Palms
I can't vouch for it.........but just found this rental that allows a pet.
Good luck.

The Villages Florida Vacation Rentals - Courtyard Villa, 2BR/2BTH, Pet allowed, golf cart
Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flourishing Palms View Post
We're striking out finding a place to rent. Those we've found in the Internet are not available when we'd like them.

Can anyone suggest something? We're looking for:
2 bedrooms
May 21 to June 18
pet-friendly: 35 pound beagle/chow dog, well-trained (NEVER on furniture or beds)
Wifi

TIA, Linda
Flourishing Palms
Linda,

Have you checked The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages Or the classfied section, furnished homes for rent of The Villages Daily Sun

I will be in TV from June 8 through June 17 renting in the Village of Mira Mesa. Just found out today from reading another thread on TOTV that no music or dancing in Spanish Springs starting May 30 for 3 to 4 weeks because of repairs . Guess I will be hanging out at Lake Sumter Landing at night!

Good luck finding a rental. And go Panthers and Bulldogs (Drake's team name are The Bulldogs right?)
Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Location: The Villages, Florida, formerly of West Des Moines, Iowa
Default Found a place

We've found a place to rent for one month beginning May 21. Happily, this villa will accept our 35 pound dog too. We're definitely excited to get there and start house-hunting.

Yes, Drake is the Bulldogs. I worked in the president's office full-time while I attended college. Glad to have gotten a fine education there. Graduated in 2000!

Linda
Old 04-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Sage
Default Happy house hunting!

Linda,

Good luck finding a house, and you can permanently put the snow shovel, snow blower and rock salt away.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.