Maps of Pre-owned homes

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 PM
Default Maps of Pre-owned homes

Question:

I can only visit The Villages via the internet. I have been looking at pre-owned homes on the Villages web site. When I look at the map for a homes location, some of the homes have green lines behind them. Is this designating the location of the golf cart, biking, walking paths? How is it to have a transportation path behind your house? Do you feel that you lack privacy? Is it noisy?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Andercat
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Platinum member

Andercat, I looked at the maps associated with some of the pre-owned homes, and I couldn't understand what the dark green lines mean, either. I think the light green lines are golf cart paths. If you switch to aerial view, instead of street view, you might be able to get a better idea of what's behind the homes.

Maybe someone else here at TOTV has an idea?
Judy
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 03-19-2013, 12:01 AM

I'm thinking that it's a boundary line between individual villages.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:06 AM
Veteran member

It may represent land privately owned, including pasture or an actual non-Villages neighborhood.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcneill View Post
I'm thinking that it's a boundary line between individual villages.
Yes, that's correct.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Question:

I can only visit The Villages via the internet. I have been looking at pre-owned homes on the Villages web site. When I look at the map for a homes location, some of the homes have green lines behind them. Is this designating the location of the golf cart, biking, walking paths? How is it to have a transportation path behind your house? Do you feel that you lack privacy? Is it noisy?

Andercat

I bet if you called the sales office they could tell you.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,026 Times in 1,207 Posts
Default MLS websites

Here is a website I used when purchasing. These preowned homes in the villages can only be shown and sold by MLS agents. They are not listed on the Villages preowned website. check it out. Focus on The Villages
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You might find this site helpful. Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Recent Sales, Apartment Rentals - Zillow
Old 03-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
Here is a website I used when purchasing. These preowned homes in the villages can only be shown and sold by MLS agents. They are not listed on the Villages preowned website. check it out. Focus on The Villages
Thank you so very much for posting this link as I see a house that I am interested in.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Question:

Andercat
I will answer your second part of question as many did not. If you decide to buy on a street (with no home behind you) you may have no lanai facing yours but you will have noise, traffic running behind you. If you purchase with a lanai behind you, you may have a very nice quiet lanai as many people don't sit outside which I find unbelievable (I LOVE to!!) but then again you may have party people on theirs. I guess it's all which you prefer as some of us prefer a road behind them and some another lanai doesn't bother them. Good luck in your decision!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM

We used Goggle Earth and typed in the addy of the houses we were interested in. Showed the neighborhood, house, what's behind the house, and what direction the lanai is facing. Was very helpful.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Question:

Andercat
It is the boundary line of the villages. the home backs up to a green line, then whats on the other side is private, not villages property.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.