mattresses

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to hairunited
Default mattresses

Has anyone bought one of the mattresses that is advertised in the classified section of the Daily Sun? The Ad says new Queen size Mattresses still in the plastic for $375.00. I was wondering if they are any good.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

Try Original Mattress Factory, you can get a quality set for under a grand.
See how much the $375 mattress weighs, likely about 25 pounds, nothing but padding.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Sage

Yes, unfortunately I bought one and its really awful. But this was for the guest bedroom not ours, that way they wont stay too long! LOL

Seriously I did buy a set and it was awful but I added an eggcrate to it and its actually very very comfortable, so it was a huge savings in the long run.

I would not suggest getting one if its for your bedroom that you will be sleeping on every night.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.

Last edited by nONIE; 03-03-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM

I agree with Nonie I bought a King Size set 5 years ago and found out very quickly it was not a set that should be used as your regular bed. I also put it in the Guest Room and bought one of the downy toppers and it is very comfortable so my guests tell me,but not getting used constantly for a lengthy period of time.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

eggcrate padding does help a bad mattress, I agree
Old 03-18-2009, 12:34 PM

We were looking for a new mattress at Mattress World on 466. I really liked the Temperpedic...but the price was in the stratosphere!! I looked up a like matrress with memory foam and found Bragada on the internet. The price was less than half of the temperpedic and ordered it. It was ~$1500 and I got the Platnum sertvice package in which they set up the box spring & mattress and cart your old one away. ($249). It was well worth it as two guys worked an hour to make sure everything fit. Last night I slept so good I almost missed getting up for work (@WVLG).......Weather Guy
Old 03-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Default Mattress

I went to the Market of Marion and bought a floor model from "Huge Mattress Sale". On a floor model you pay the price of a full for a queen. They deliver on Sunday night after the market closes. Nice mattress/box spring, great for the guest room, very reasonable $399.

...Nancy
Old 03-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Veteran member

I'll spend money on the mattress for my bed, but I'd sure like to save some bucks when I purchase a mattress for the spare bedroom. I'm just a bit afraid to purchase an unknown brand. I keep thinking about a story I saw a few years ago, I think it was on 60 Minutes (or some similar program). They investigated cheap mattresses, and found they were stuffed with all kinds of things, rags and other fillers. Does anyone else remember this program?
I'd be concerned about bringing something made like that into my home.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:43 AM

I do remember that story. It stayed with me and I always think of it when I look at mattresses. Buy a reputable brand on sale. A guest that you like well enough to stay in your home deserves to sleep on something that isn't scary.
Phila. PA from
Boston Ma from
Danbury CT.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Default Matress

My mattress looks great and I doubt it's filled with rags. I think that the price is reasonable because there is very little overhead.

...Nancy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.