more questions from prospective villager

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Default more questions from prospective villager

1. Someone wrote about the expense of changing carpet in a new house to tile, are
upgrades or modifications not allowed at the time of construction on new homes?
2. If a whole house surge protector is such a good idea, why is it not automatically
built in at the time of construction?
3. Which pools are classified as "priority" and how much does it cost to join?
4. When we visited, someone also mentioned that there was an additional fee to use
the exercise rooms, if so how much does that cost?
5. Are there restrictions on outdoor grills? For instance, charcoal vs. gas?
6. How does the bond with respect to Sumter County compare to that in Marion County?
7. Where are the "power lines" that were mentioned in someone's comments located?
Old 08-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: more questions from prospective villager

If you are building you may choose carpet or tile. Speculation houses, or finished houses are not changed. PERIOD. That is o.k. because there are a lot of them and you usually can find one you like.

Priority pools...just a couple of them exercise pools. All other pools come with the package.

Someone said that they didn't see the need for a surge protector for the whole house. We didn't buy one.

I don't think there are any restrictions on outdoor grills. I see plenty of gas. Gas lines were in attic. NO gas in recently built villages.

The exercise cost is less expensive than here in Ohio.

Hope this helps and Welcome.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinker
Where are the "power lines" that were mentioned in someone's comments located?
Jinker, since you are a prospective villager I assume you have a map of TV. Look at your map, upper left hand corner, Village of Springdale (near Nancy Lopez). You will see the Springdale walking trail, (dotted line). If you follow that line in a south-east direction, the hydro lines run that way. If you check the map you'll actually see a green "corridor" running through TV. That corridor is where the hydro lines are.

I didn't want power lines in my back yard. When we were looking for a home with a view lot, we had to be careful, because some homes advertised as "view lots" actually back on the hydro fields. To me, that is more of a problem than being near the train tracks.

Old 08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,924 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

What are Hydro lines and how are they a problem?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Gold member

The power lines, I believe and many people do not like looking at them.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl
What are Hydro lines and how are they a problem?
GG, you've probably seen hydro fields full of big towers with power lines. Many people think they aren't healthy to live around. I wouldn't want them in my back yard.

And I know for a fact that when Fumar was abducted by aliens, they were attracted to TV by the power lines. ;D

Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
1. Someone wrote about the expense of changing carpet in a new house to tile, are
2. If a whole house surge protector is such a good idea, why is it not automatically
4. When we visited, someone also mentioned that there was an additional fee to use
6. How does the bond with respect to Sumter County compare to that in Marion County?
7. Where are the "power lines" that were mentioned in someone's comments located?
There is a fee for the regional fitness centers. The fees decrease the longer you join up to a year. You can pay a daily rate of 5 dollars or join for a longer period of time... 1 month, 3 months etc. If you go more than 2 x's a week it pays to join.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
A few more details....

1. As Gracie said, if it is a developer spec house all the interior/exterior choices are fixed. They do have a program with designer houses now where you can select a lot, a model, and from a predetermined number of interior design packages....a few choices but not down to every little detail.

2. Surge protector not included....just economics; builders don't do everything and it's not required by code;

3. Priority pools are the pools at the country clubs...you have to have a golf, tennis, or pool only priority membership to use them. If you buy anywhere South of 466 there are an ample number of "free" adult, family, and sports pools so you may not see the need for the CC pools; North of 466 there are not as many pools and the CC pools are heavily used. The CC pools are all ages, not just over 30. The sports pools do not require a fee but are limited to Residents only. Here's a link on priority fees: http://golfthevillages.com/tee-times/membership.asp

6. Bond - The initial bonds were lower than they are now, so, the older a home is the lower the bond and now bond balance would be. I imagine a bond balance can range from maybe about $5K to about $22K for latest Designers, lower for ranches and villas, higher for Premiers. It could also be zero on a resale if the owner paid it off. The annual Bond Maintenance assessment, which is paid by all, should be around $500/year for areas South of 466. I don't know how much it is in areas of Marion County as their fees may cover different things than Sumter.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.