Moving to Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&b1216 View Post
Well we did it! We put a deposit on a Fenney lot on 2/2. Waiting for our design appointment! Very excited to FINALLY get to the Villages.
Our list of clubs, activities to join is very long. Can't wait to meet new friends and neighbors!
If I can help by answering any questions, just ask. They will break ground in our lot on February 15 and we close on May 10.

The design process is very detailed but well worth the time. Ours lasted 4.5 days.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 02-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Platinum member

Welcome! If you're looking for an active and interesting community, you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by catotv View Post
Great to see all the posts! I too have bought a lot in Fenney! Currently live in Southern California and will retire in July and move down then. I choose all my options for my house in Feb, and it should be completed sometime in May. I have a quick question... has anyone had any experience in being able to choose countertops that are not offered by The Villages and getting them installed prior to the completion of the house? I am hoping to do this as reasonably as possible, but I am hearing I may need to install something generic in order to pass inspection and then replace them on my own after the sale is completed. Would love to be able to order countertops and have them installed while the house is being built.. any suggestions?
Just seeing this now, so you may have already gotten the answer to your question elsewhere, but the best thing to do is check with your sales person about this as TV has changed over time what can and cannot be done. But I can tell you as of several years ago, you could not get outside installation or do it yourself. I highlighted one of your statements above because that is probably what you will have to do. If your intention is to replace just choose their most basic, least expensive option. They will not sell a house unfinished so you can finish yourself nor will they deal with outside contractors in that fashion. Again, at least that's how it was back then and I kind of doubt it has changed. Changes in what is allowed and what isn't have been known to happen however, so I would contact your sales agent who should be able to verify this for you.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

Thanks so much. Our sales person has been helpful and we understand things better now. We took a tour of the design center with her and sure is overwhelming. we have a vision of what we want - saw a model home with many of our ideas/wants so just need to refer to that. Our design appt is not confirmed but think it's week of Feb 26. We'll be a month or two behind you.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Location: Massapequa, NY - Plano, TX - Laguna Niguel, CA - The Villages!

Thanks so much Abby10! That is kind of what I am hearing as well.. but I go down on Feb 15th for my first design appointment, and will be sure to ask the question! Getting very excited.. what a fun process (so far!). Will let you know after the design meetings how it went.. but from what I am hearing.. everyone is very happy with the entire process! :-)
Old 02-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by catotv View Post
Thanks so much Abby10! That is kind of what I am hearing as well.. but I go down on Feb 15th for my first design appointment, and will be sure to ask the question! Getting very excited.. what a fun process (so far!). Will let you know after the design meetings how it went.. but from what I am hearing.. everyone is very happy with the entire process! :-)
We had sold our home in Ohio, our home in The Villages and we had only a few days to move stuff out of our home in Hadley and look for a lot to build on. We found a model we just loved and asked, how much is this house exactly the way it is finished on this lot. They told us, it was in our budget and we said build us one just like this model....and we have been very pleased. It is now SEVEN years. That went fast.

We rented a home here and watched the house we live in go up and it was like a well choreographed ballet. Different skilled crews showed up and did what they do right in order. There were a couple of snafu's we didn't even see but the builder saw, like making the tiler rip out the cap tiles in the kitchen that were not to his liking.

I know people think I have a connection to the builders but I do not. We have contracted to build many new homes in our life and watched our children build new homes and this was the smoothest process of all.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We had sold our home in Ohio, our home in The Villages and we had only a few days to move stuff out of our home in Hadley and look for a lot to build on. We found a model we just loved and asked, how much is this house exactly the way it is finished on this lot. They told us, it was in our budget and we said build us one just like this model....and we have been very pleased. It is now SEVEN years. That went fast.

We rented a home here and watched the house we live in go up and it was like a well choreographed ballet. Different skilled crews showed up and did what they do right in order. There were a couple of snafu's we didn't even see but the builder saw, like making the tiler rip out the cap tiles in the kitchen that were not to his liking.

I know people think I have a connection to the builders but I do not. We have contracted to build many new homes in our life and watched our children build new homes and this was the smoothest process of all.
This is good to know, Gracie. I do plan to visit every few weeks to monitor progress and get more excited.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 02-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Did not read the above post. Is there an approximate date when golf carts from these new areas will be able to access all TV?
Old 02-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Did not read the above post. Is there an approximate date when golf carts from these new areas will be able to access all TV?
My guess would be two years from now at the earliest to as long as 4 years. The biggie will be building the golf cart bridge across the Florida turnpike.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:31 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
My guess would be two years from now at the earliest to as long as 4 years. The biggie will be building the golf cart bridge across the Florida turnpike.
This is just my guess, have read or heard nothing like it but I believe the bridge on 468 that crosses over the turnpike is more than wide enough to have the surface reconfigured and adding golf cart lanes on either side. They would most likely reduce the speed limit on at least that section of 468 if not all of 468 as in reality it will be an extension of Morse. That I feel would be the easiest way to get over the pike but the next obstacle is getting over or under 44. Two years is probably a good guess but who know, they could start on it tomorrow for all anyone knows.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
My wife and I currently live about 90 miles southwest of The Villages in Apollo Beach. We've just put down a deposit on a lot in Fenney and will be choosing a house later this week.

We expect to move by mid summer next year and we are looking forward to making many new friends and to meeting our neighbors.

I love classic American muscle cars and will be moving my 1967 Chevelle SS to our new home.
Welcome to TV. I had a '66 Chevelle SS that could hang with anything; really wish I still had it.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
This is just my guess, have read or heard nothing like it but I believe the bridge on 468 that crosses over the turnpike is more than wide enough to have the surface reconfigured and adding golf cart lanes on either side. They would most likely reduce the speed limit on at least that section of 468 if not all of 468 as in reality it will be an extension of Morse. That I feel would be the easiest way to get over the pike but the next obstacle is getting over or under 44. Two years is probably a good guess but who know, they could start on it tomorrow for all anyone knows.
The Developer has already published a map showing where the bridge over the turnpike will be located. It showed it half way between Morse & Buena Vista.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Welcome to TV. I had a '66 Chevelle SS that could hang with anything; really wish I still had it.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
The Developer has already published a map showing where the bridge over the turnpike will be located. It showed it half way between Morse & Buena Vista.
You're both likely correct based on the pictures below. The first one shows a golf cart bridge (not a MMP) crossing the Turnpike just north of Hogeye Sink, the second shows the bridge relocated a little farther north, and the third is from documents provide to the City of Wildwood planning commission for Phase 8A of Buena Vista at 468 which shows the MMP making a left turn on the south side of 468.
With the cancelation of the Turnpike exit at 468 there comes the question of what to do with these nice new extra wide bridges that were build since there are no on/off ramps to deal with now...
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0394.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	73934   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	597f32c0cffb0_image.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	73935   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Capture 083 Dec. 29 07.02.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	73936  
Old 02-09-2018, 01:39 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

Welcome to paradise 🤗👍🏻

Tags
moving, fenney, making, summer, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.