Moving to Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2018, 09:28 PM

There is a spec home in Fenney for sale now with a 4 car garage. My husband was drooling, but alas we picked out a different model with a more private view. Close on our home in Fenney April 13.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Addict View Post
There is a spec home in Fenney for sale now with a 4 car garage. My husband was drooling, but alas we picked out a different model with a more private view. Close on our home in Fenney April 13.
Do you mean the Zinnia at the corner of Fenney Way and Pearl Crescent? Great garage but not the best lot. Ours is a very private view as well. Close May 10th.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 03-30-2018, 01:41 PM

We too will be moving to Fenney - in the process of selling our place.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillusUSA View Post
We too will be moving to Fenney - in the process of selling our place.
We have a contract on our current house and it closes May 2. Our new house in fenney closes May 10. Where will you be in fenney?
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 03-30-2018, 02:10 PM

search on this forum, there are issues in Fenney.

also read:

villages news dot com/residents-of-village-of-fenney-complain-about-blasting-at-limestone-quarry/

and read comments. this may or may not affect you.

i'm for one, not going to move there.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:25 PM
Sage

Last week I spoke to a sales rep at Sumter. She told me that 35% of the homes sold in Fenny are purchased by Villagers. That's interesting.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I noticed in a recent new homes ad section in the Sun that the higher end homes in Pine Ridge, Pine Hills, and La Belle are featured. I wonder if that means inventory is about depleted. Is so, full speed ahead for the new south.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave042 View Post
search on this forum, there are issues in Fenney.

also read:

villages news dot com/residents-of-village-of-fenney-complain-about-blasting-at-limestone-quarry/

and read comments. this may or may not affect you.

i'm for one, not going to move there.
Dave, please don't move to Fenney. I would hate to have a neighbor be unhappy.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Did not read the above post. Is there an approximate date when golf carts from these new areas will be able to access all TV?
A friend of mine just bought in Fenney and was told that one bridge would be completed next year and a second bridge would be completed in 2020.

I don't know which bridge will be finished first and I was told by an agent in Fenney that there will be three bridges.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Dave, please don't move to Fenney. I would hate to have a neighbor be unhappy.

Good attitude. Our next door neighbor sold his home quickly and moved to Fenney just three weeks ago. They wanted a smaller home and needed to have a home once again in the Midwest as times change. They love it and I can see why.

We were dissed on this forum seven years ago when we built our new home in a previous farmers field along 466 in an area that bordered on swamp and golf course and a noisy busy road. We love living here and think we made such a lucky decision.

I cannot think why anyone would put down another's village choice, except they are anonymous. There are pluses and minuses to every life decision. Fenney is beautiful, and has many really nice people who post on this forum frequently.

Fenney guy, you have chosen well, and many of us wish you joy and happiness in your new home.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Last week I spoke to a sales rep at Sumter. She told me that 35% of the homes sold in Fenny are purchased by Villagers. That's interesting.
I have heard that on average, a Villager will move three times. This probably means they move from their preretirement home into TV, then twice after that.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-31-2018, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I have heard that on average, a Villager will move three times. This probably means they move from their preretirement home into TV, then twice after that.
I have heard that too. I doubted it for years. Now I'm inclined to agree. Finney would not be a good fit for me but after hearing how many Villagers think it's a good fit for them has certainly swayed my opinion.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Did the rep by chance mention, or know, what % of the homes purchased by current Villagers were to be owner-occupied...versus rentals/investments?
Old 03-31-2018, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome to The Villages. Excellent choice.
funny no says anything about blasting going on by Fenny? or the loud speakers from the prison(yelling at whitey bulger) seems someone should inform them on what they might incounter.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
funny no says anything about blasting going on by Fenny? or the loud speakers from the prison(yelling at whitey bulger) seems someone should inform them on what they might incounter.

During our Trolley ride 4 1/2 years ago we were told there was NO crime in The Villages. Yep, no crime. Sounded too good to be true so I investigated. Every potential buyer must do their due diligence and decide what’s best for them. Trust no one, check everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
moving, fenney, making, summer, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.