Moving into TV in early September .. looking for some opinions

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo21 View Post
Are you sure it is wired for an electric dryer? Electric dryers use 240v outlet. There should be an outlet on the dryer side of the wall and it should be 120v to run the electric motor for the drum and the electronics. We have a washer and gas dryer on order. Never had a gas dryer before. Thought about getting an electrician to add a 240v outlet but if we end up hating the gas dryer, we can switch to electric later.

I've never had comcast/xfinity but have heard horror stories. So we are going with Spectrum. We close late August so time will tell if we made a good choice.
Not 100% sure but I thought they said could do either. Will have to find out for sure. I close 9/8 so I have time to find out
Old 08-07-2021, 02:36 AM

We close September 1st in Citrus Grove. Our only option is gas. There is no outlet available for an electric dryer.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	E82DA409-82C4-4F8A-9A1E-BCB2F48236EE.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	90357  
Old 08-07-2021, 05:14 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

Gas, Xfinity
Old 08-07-2021, 05:41 AM
Veteran member

Really? Thought gas was cheaper .
Old 08-07-2021, 05:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Gas v elec.

The Consumer Energy Center estimates using a natural gas dryer can result in up to 50% savings in dryer energy costs. There is a cost to converting to natural gas. If your household currently has electric appliances, converting for just one appliance may not make financial sense.Jan 27, 2016
Old 08-07-2021, 05:55 AM
Default Electric dryer outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
We close September 1st in Citrus Grove. Our only option is gas. There is no outlet available for an electric dryer.
I had an electrician install dryer outlet and proper amp in electric box. Easy peasy. Don’t like gas dried clothes.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:10 AM

Double check for your 240 dryer outlet... Ours did not have one in our new home in St. Catherine.. we're paying Pike Electric to install one...we use Spectrum... No issues... Great customer service.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriS View Post
Hi all, bought my house this week in Citrus Grove and will be closing and moving into the house in early September. I have a few questions and am looking for opinions. I am sure I will come up with others but...

1. Need to buy a washer/dryer and looks like the house has hookup for both electric and gas.. any opinions on which I should get and why?

2. Looks like for Internet I have Xfinity or Spectrum as options. Opinions on which to get and why? I work from home and need good speeds and reliable service.

Thanks in advance and I can't wait to move into my new home.
See Jack at Sears Hometown on 441 in Summerfield for your appliance needs. Your choice on dryers but gas normally cost $100 more than electric.
Old 08-07-2021, 06:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

My spectrum bill is $135/month for 1G service.
Comcast is offering $70/month for 1G

No TV/Phone - we stream and use mobiles devices

Switching to comcast later this month

Big benefit of Spectrum is no contracts, can upgrade/downgrade monthly - good for snow birds.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:00 AM
Default Gas

I prefer a gas dryer. Had electric for years and gas is cheaper and instant hot.

Look at the channel lineup for Xfinity vs Spectrum. Personally, I prefer Xfinity by far. They aren’t even close.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:02 AM

Apparently the Villages allows two high speed TV/internet providers for each Village. In the south where you are your options are Xfinnity/Comcast or spectrum. These are the only two with infrastructure in your Village.
When 5G “cellular” becomes available you will have another option. But for the next 12-24 months I’d go with the no data limit plan. You’d be surprised how fast you use it up especially with streaming and working.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Hi all, bought my house this week in Citrus Grove and will be closing and moving into the house in early September. I have a few questions and am looking for opinions. I am sure I will come up with others but...

1. Need to buy a washer/dryer and looks like the house has hookup for both electric and gas.. any opinions on which I should get and why?

2. Looks like for Internet I have Xfinity or Spectrum as options. Opinions on which to get and why? I work from home and need good speeds and reliable service.

We are new to Citrus Grove as of this month. We have had Spectrum up here in Ohio for years and have no issues with the service so we are going with Spectrum in Florida also. We have had gas and electric dryers in the past and prefer electric.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Your setup for gas, a gas dryer still needs a standard 120v outlet, and that’s what I see in the photo. I ordered my gas dryer from Costco. It delivered on time and in perfect condition.

I also signed up with Xfinity. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the installer and service from the store. The phone app works well too. I’m only discouraged by their data cap
Old 08-07-2021, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Go with Spectrum , too many hassles with Xfinity.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
That is my biggest concern with Xfinity I had bad experience with them in GA years ago which is why i am leaning toward Spectrum
I too had a very bad experience with Comcast before Verizon installed Fios in my Virginia neighborhood. I was very wary of using them again, but so far the experience down here has been very positive.
Closed Thread

Tags
opinions, house, moving, home, september

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.