Moving in question #3

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ to Villages (Pennecamp) in December 2010.
Default Moving in question #3

Firstly, you all have given me great answers to my previous questions. This question regards the best bank (in your opinion) to switch to when we move there in December (YEAH!). We live on ATMs and like to travel, so are there any "free anywhere" ATM banks? Secondly my financial world is all electronic and I haven't paid for electronic banking in years. Those are probably my two hot buttons. Thanks in advance.
John
Cherry Hill NJ
Old 10-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

For a local bank, I really like SunTrust. I tried Citizens First and liked their service, but just was happier with SunTrust (find their online service easier to use). However, for travel, you'll need a national bank like Bank of America (my fave national bank lol). The ATM charges can eat up your vacation using a small, local bank.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Veteran member

Very happy with Citizens First Bank. They pay me a modest dividend on my money market (savings) account, electronic transfers are free and easy and their bill pay is free. In fact, I haven't paid them for any of their services so far. Free ATMs are conveniently located throughout TV. Customer service is great and they have fresh popcorn at all the branch offices. As far as travel, I always use my Visa card and never carry much cash.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:56 PM

I like Citizens First. Great bunch of folks. Click on the link I've enclosed and read all about them and their service.

http://www.citizensfb.com/
Old 10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

I like Citizens as well. Staff is very friendly and helpful and convenient locations through out the Villages
Old 10-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Sage

Being from the West side we use Wells Fargo/Wachovia.

Was a B of A customer in the 70's - won't make that mistake again.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Platinum member

When we made our 20% down payment last week, they gave us a form to take to Citizens and open an account and Citizens would make the first $10 deposit for us. In effect, they are paying us to open an account. We didn't have time to get over there before we had to come back home, but we kept the form and will take care of that as soon as we get back down there the first of November. We currently use Wells Fargo/Wachovia and also have a small account with Bank of America. I really is nice to not have to pay fees to use an ATM. We have NEVER paid one. (yet)

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I would open an account at the closet bank. If they did not have all the services I wanted - free ATM etc - I would continue to use my present bank for the balance of my needs.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ to Villages (Pennecamp) in December 2010.

To Chuckinca - What is meant by "being from the west side"?
Thanks, John
Old 10-06-2010, 01:02 PM

We also opened an account with CF when we ordered our home --They gave us $10--online banking, free bill pay,free ATM and if we have direct deposit ---free checks --not that we use checks anymore !! lol ---

Dont see any reason not to usee them for now ---

good luck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.