Moving in question

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ to Villages (Pennecamp) in December 2010.
Default Moving in question

I know when we move in sometime in December that we will have brought "stuff" that we don't want or need, no matter how well we prune it out in packing. My question is this. What avenues are available to dispose of unwanted stuff in TV? Charity, thrift shop, garage sale? Just curious.
Thanks
John
Cherry Hill NJ
Old 09-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyjohn View Post
I know when we move in sometime in December that we will have brought "stuff" that we don't want or need, no matter how well we prune it out in packing. My question is this. What avenues are available to dispose of unwanted stuff in TV? Charity, thrift shop, garage sale? Just curious.
Thanks
John
Cherry Hill NJ
There are many. St.Vincent De Paul shop will come and get usable discards and I think GoodWill has a truck too. Also Bargains and Treasures is an excellent consignment shop and will pick up furniture and accessories for resale and can be counted on to mail you a check as each item sells. They are just down from the high school on 466 near 301. When you go past the high school and ....do you go over the train tracks or just before? Anyway if you NEED something, that is a good place to go. They have lovely things. Our generation takes good care of stuff.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

Also Habitat for Humanity will pick up stuff.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Garage sales here are VERY WELL attended. I look for there to be some injury reported due to garage sale traffic. Our generation loves bargains too.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Platinum member

When our new to us neighborhood in TV had a garage sale, everything had to literally be "in the garage", nothing in the drive. My problem is, we brought so much extra stuff that there is NO room in the garage for a sale. So far have gone the Goodwill route.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Gold member

We had some things we didn't need here after we moved in and some of the fans that came with the house. We called Habitat for Humanity and they picked everything up. Gave us a reciept for donation. They have a store that they resell the items and use the cash for building there house. Good use of things we didn't need any longer.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.