Need Free or Cheap Golf Bag

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2021, 02:46 PM
Default Need Free or Cheap Golf Bag

I would like to try golfing, but I need a golf bag. A generous neighbor gave me his old set of clubs, so I'm good there. Do any of you have an old golf bag that you aren't using anymore that I could use? If I buy one, I don't want to spend a lot of money in case I do not enjoy the sport. Suggestions?
Old 09-20-2021, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyjourneyfan View Post
I would like to try golfing, but I need a golf bag. A generous neighbor gave me his old set of clubs, so I'm good there. Do any of you have an old golf bag that you aren't using anymore that I could use? If I buy one, I don't want to spend a lot of money in case I do not enjoy the sport. Suggestions?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ProActive...e1d5b9f830de1f
Old 09-20-2021, 02:57 PM
Veteran member
Default Cheap golf bag

Area thrift shops and Goodwill frequently have golf bags for little or nothing. You can Google locations near The Villages and perhaps call ahead.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Area thrift shops and Goodwill frequently have golf bags for little or nothing. You can Google locations near The Villages and perhaps call ahead.
You searched for golf bag | Talk of the Villages

-Tom Petty
Old 09-20-2021, 03:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Local Thrift shops have bags and clubs cheap.... I think like under ten bucks or so....
Old 09-20-2021, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyjourneyfan View Post
...I don't want to spend a lot of money in case I do not enjoy the sport. Suggestions?
Don't even sign up for a teetime at one of the executives, you're going make life miserable for 3 other golfers. A first time golfer doesn't belong on the golf course.

Here is what you should do. Go to the Villages Golf School, or one at Continental Country Club, or the driving range behind 466 Walmart. Sign up for group lessons, they're cheaper as a class rather than one-on-one.

Then after about 5 of those lessons, go to the driving range and hit balls for at least a month. Then try your hand at an executive golf course. If you go out there now without any type of training with the attitude you might not like it, I guarantee you won't like it.

I started at age 12 in 1962, I took one lesson and then went to a driving range for about 6 months and then to a par 3 executive style course for a year and played all day every Saturday and finally what you would call, a championship course. It's a sport that will take a lot of time and patience to get good.

Ten years ago after just moving here, my neighbor took 5 lessons one-on-one and asked if I would go with him to an executive course. He did not practice at the driving range, only took the lessons. We played Bogart, I think I shot something like 29 and he shot 46, he never asked to play golf again.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,155 Times in 2,250 Posts

There are 2 bags for sale on this site, one with clubs and one without.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:48 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

I saw a bag hanging on the railing yesterday at Brownwood just before you cross over the pond bridge.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:53 AM
Platinum member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Don't even sign up for a teetime at one of the executives, you're going make life miserable for 3 other golfers. A first time golfer doesn't belong on the golf course.

Here is what you should do. Go to the Villages Golf School, or one at Continental Country Club, or the driving range behind 466 Walmart. Sign up for group lessons, they're cheaper as a class rather than one-on-one.

Then after about 5 of those lessons, go to the driving range and hit balls for at least a month. Then try your hand at an executive golf course. If you go out there now without any type of training with the attitude you might not like it, I guarantee you won't like it.

I started at age 12 in 1962, I took one lesson and then went to a driving range for about 6 months and then to a par 3 executive style course for a year and played all day every Saturday and finally what you would call, a championship course. It's a sport that will take a lot of time and patience to get good.

Ten years ago after just moving here, my neighbor took 5 lessons one-on-one and asked if I would go with him to an executive course. He did not practice at the driving range, only took the lessons. We played Bogart, I think I shot something like 29 and he shot 46, he never asked to play golf again.
I agree with John whole heartedly. It won't happen overnight.
Some people just want to be on the course so they can be with their buds.
You're better off going to a bar and drinking with them because everyone will want a drink after your round of golf...
Old 09-21-2021, 05:04 AM
Default Golf bag

[, I have a free one. Where are you located?
Old 09-21-2021, 05:19 AM

Do you still need a bag?
Old 09-21-2021, 05:32 AM

I’m driving into the villages tomorrow. I have a new carry bag that you can have if you still need one. No charge. HMU quickly and I will pack it in my car. Tom. I leave for the villages tonight.
Tomptomp3@gmail.com
Old 09-21-2021, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,244 Posts

Quote:

Good advise but I doubt more than 50% of the players on the Exec's pass these requirements.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:37 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

I disagree. . Being tied up in lessons and putting practice will get boring. You can practice n take lessons but dont limit yourself to that. Get out on the greens and enjoy the game regularly
Old 09-21-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrunner View Post
[, I have a free one. Where are you located?
I'm in Chatham.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, bag, case, sport, anymore

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.