Family Neighborhoods in The Villages??

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Default Family Neighborhoods in The Villages??

I know Wikipedia isn't always correct, but it says the following in it's article on The Villages:

"All homes must be occupied by at least one person who is 55 years of age or older. Persons under the age of 19 years are not permitted to reside within The Villages but may visit for a maximum of 30 days per year unless an exemption is granted; however, three subdivisions are designated as "family units" and are not subject to the under-19 restriction." (coloring mine)

It later lists the 3 subdivisions - "Bison Valley", "Oak Meadows" and "Spring Arbor".

I'm just curious - What's the deal on these? - Do the inhabitants have the same rights as people in the other villages? I just was unaware there were areas like this in The Villages.

thanks.

Edited - oops - just realized i've apparently posted 13 times instead of the "less than 10" - feel free to move this to another forum if you need to..

Last edited by Wayne_TN; 04-21-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: over 10 posts...
Old 04-21-2011, 03:44 PM

No, the family neighborhoods do not have access to the non-public facilities of The Villages (rec centers, pools, Katie Belle's restaurant, etc.)
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Thanks, Sands. Sounds like it's kinda like a little "Non-Village" island within The Villages.. Interesting...
Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM

Hi Wayne,
I'm not an expert on the topic by any stretch, but I think the family neighborhoods are not considered as "within" The Villages. I've heard some people describe them as being useful in situations where, for example, grandma and grandpa move to TV; the kids and their children want to live nearby and this gives them a similar housing option without having to be too far away. I'm not sure, but I think they would still have to have jobs with specific employers to qualify for the charter schools...
Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_TN View Post
I know Wikipedia isn't always correct, but it says the following in it's article on The Villages:

"All homes must be occupied by at least one person who is 55 years of age or older. Persons under the age of 19 years are not permitted to reside within The Villages but may visit for a maximum of 30 days per year unless an exemption is granted; however, three subdivisions are designated as "family units" and are not subject to the under-19 restriction." (coloring mine)

It later lists the 3 subdivisions - "Bison Valley", "Oak Meadows" and "Spring Arbor".

I'm just curious - What's the deal on these? - Do the inhabitants have the same rights as people in the other villages? I just was unaware there were areas like this in The Villages.

thanks.

Edited - oops - just realized i've apparently posted 13 times instead of the "less than 10" - feel free to move this to another forum if you need to..
Hello Wayne TN,

Mine is a little different situation. I'm 50, single, no human children. My furry kid is my 14 yr. old black cat. When I visited TV last summer with friends who were over 55, I asked the TV agent who was showing homes to us if a 50 yr. old single person could buy a home in TV. The TV sales agent said no problem as long as TV is not close to 20% of residents under 55, which she said she has never heard of happening. The TV agent told me that the under age 55 single buyer just has to sign an additional form stating that the buyer is aware of the "no kids under 19 may permanently reside in TV rule."

This TV agent also told me about a TV couple (l believe the agent said they were in their late 50's) who received custody of their grandchildren after their child and the child's spouse were killed in a car accident. The grandparents had to decide to either sell their TV house or only occupy their TV house for I believe the agent said for one month out of the year if the grandchildren were going to be in the TV house with them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.