Swimming Pools

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Default Swimming Pools

My wife and I will be meeting in two weeks to discuss building our new home in TV. We have been visiting for two years and now have contract on our home so we can move forward. I continue to be confused as to whether it is better to work with the T&D company TV use for private pools or to seek another contractor "after market." I'm told it is much less expensive and easier to work with other companies. Does anyone have experience with this and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmccarthy View Post
My wife and I will be meeting in two weeks to discuss building our new home in TV. We have been visiting for two years and now have contract on our home so we can move forward. I continue to be confused as to whether it is better to work with the T&D company TV use for private pools or to seek another contractor "after market." I'm told it is much less expensive and easier to work with other companies. Does anyone have experience with this and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hi There,
We also are going to be building in the next couple of months and we are also putting a pool in. We have our lot and made our selections, so we are ready to go, but I am trying to time this right with obligations we have where we live now. As far as the pool the pricing is differnt now then a few months ago. TV now (as of a few weeks ago) does not give you a price for the pool, you go diectly through the pool company. I'm not sure if this is set up with any pool company or only TDPools. The price we got from TDPools is $10,000less then our original price with TV. Not only is it less, we added many more options. This includes a beautiful ceramic tri level wall, with 3 waterfalls, upgraded grab handle bar, salt chlorination, remote and a few other upgrades. Our original plan was very basic, so if you add all of these changes we are at about $17,000 less. Also, now we are thinking of adding some tile mosaics on the bottom of the pool.
We are building in St. James on Yankee Clipper Run. I hope this info helps you and I wish you luck.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

We got bids from three companies before building our pool, including T&D. We decided to go with Backyard Aquatics by Joyce Bowles in Mt.Dora. Every pool is custom designed and beautiful to behold for less than T&D (in our case). Look at their website:

http://www.backyardaquaticsinc.com/
Old 04-18-2011, 08:38 AM

We used T&D last year. We had a summer kitchen, pool and birdcage installed. If we had to do it again we would not change a thing. T&D was very reliable, made changes as we went without any problems, now a year later we can call with questions and they are answered immediately. You may save a few dollars using another company but I am not sure the savings in money will compensate for the aggravation you may get with another company.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Thank you all for your timely responses. All the information is greatly appreciate and helpful. We "heard" that the prices from T&D are less than what was previously included with our "estimate" from TV. We, too, were told the process has been changed and we will be meeting with T&D in two weeks to review options and pricing. Again, thank you all for your comments.DJM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Gold member

If your design includes a fiberglass spa, one other advantage of dealing with T&D is they own their own fiberglass molding company. This means you can go to their factory in Wildwood and be custom fitted for jet placement so the jets hit all of your problem areas.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:57 PM

You will be very pleased with T&D. Very professional and they have the employees to do the job.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

I used T & D thru TV for my pool and later on my own for my summer kitchen. I couldn't be happier. They are the greatest. Service is fantastic. I highly recommend them for anything. Local company and very community oriented.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Default Get a heater

We are planning to be snowbirds and were shocked to find ice on our windshield in TV when we were down for a few weeks in Jan.
I looked at the pool and the pool service company had set the system to run at night to prevent freezups. Ms Snowbirdtobe was down in March and found with the cover and solar the pool was ok only on very warm days.
When we started looking for a place with a pool we figured pool + solar would be usable during snowbird season but it looks like it needs additional heat.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongy View Post
Hi There,
We also are going to be building in the next couple of months and we are also putting a pool in. We have our lot and made our selections, so we are ready to go, but I am trying to time this right with obligations we have where we live now. As far as the pool the pricing is differnt now then a few months ago. TV now (as of a few weeks ago) does not give you a price for the pool, you go diectly through the pool company. I'm not sure if this is set up with any pool company or only TDPools. The price we got from TDPools is $10,000less then our original price with TV. Not only is it less, we added many more options. This includes a beautiful ceramic tri level wall, with 3 waterfalls, upgraded grab handle bar, salt chlorination, remote and a few other upgrades. Our original plan was very basic, so if you add all of these changes we are at about $17,000 less. Also, now we are thinking of adding some tile mosaics on the bottom of the pool.
We are building in St. James on Yankee Clipper Run. I hope this info helps you and I wish you luck.
We will be neighbors. We have put a deposit on a lot on Barksdale in St. James. We will be down in May to start the selections process. It sounds like your pool will be beautiful. We have to make the other selections and upgrades first to see if we have any money left for a pool/spa!
Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbirdtobe View Post
We are planning to be snowbirds and were shocked to find ice on our windshield in TV when we were down for a few weeks in Jan.
I looked at the pool and the pool service company had set the system to run at night to prevent freezups. Ms Snowbirdtobe was down in March and found with the cover and solar the pool was ok only on very warm days.
When we started looking for a place with a pool we figured pool + solar would be usable during snowbird season but it looks like it needs additional heat.

The filter system that came with our T&D pool/spa has a freeze protection program in it that will start the filter if the outdoor temp reaches 38 degrees. I have adjusted that down to 35 degrees. It has not come on often but is a good feature to have.

Solar panels plus a solar cover usually have our pool temp in the upper 60's during the colder months. We usually only use our spa during those months and instead go to our neighborhood pool to swim.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.