Negotiating a price with TV on Spec Home

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2023, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would suggest that you order a crystal ball from Amazon.
I tried a magic 8 ball, that didn't work.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
How? The developer never tells anyone what or where he is building next. It is a crap shoot for everyone. Today your new home and area may be prime real estate, in 6 -12 months, not so much.
Just follow the trail of new Championship Golf Courses.

If you pay attention to site prep, progress on Championship Golf Courses, and Don Wiley's videos - it's not so hard to anticipate where next home production will take place.

Underground utilities and road prep are substantially completed in much of the area South of Monarch Grove, along Marsh Bend Trail and south of Eastport.

They typically complete 3-4 new Villages a year and those new Villages are shown on the maps released by the Villages.

South of Monarch Grove through Middleton including Eastport will fill in along with the new golf courses the next two years.
Old 09-07-2023, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Just follow the trail of new Championship Golf Courses.

If you pay attention to site prep, progress on Championship Golf Courses, and Don Wiley's videos - it's not so hard to anticipate where next home production will take place.

Underground utilities and road prep are substantially completed in much of the area South of Monarch Grove, along Marsh Bend Trail and south of Eastport.

They typically complete 3-4 new Villages a year and those new Villages are shown on the maps released by the Villages.

South of Monarch Grove through Middleton including Eastport will fill in along with the new golf courses the next two years.
I referred to all of those. I saw several championship golf courses are planned in the area of Eastport. What I don't know is why section 84 was kept under guard until Don Wiley found the information. Is that area of homes going to be so exclusive and worth the price or is another premier area going to be built near the new championship golf courses that will be better than section 84? I agree that it is a crap shoot. Guess one has to do what they believe is best.
Old 09-07-2023, 01:03 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Not quite what I meant. A realtor doesn't tell you what is coming down the pipeline. Look at Dabney. Is section 84 really going to be worth investing in? Or, does the Developer have another premier area planned in the area of Eastport? Or, does he plan on building premier homes in several locations? He has already built some in Middleton. And, who is to say, in the end, which will be better?
Realtors do not know what is coming down the pipeline. Neither do Villages agents.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-07-2023, 01:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
I referred to all of those. I saw several championship golf courses are planned in the area of Eastport. What I don't know is why section 84 was kept under guard until Don Wiley found the information. Is that area of homes going to be so exclusive and worth the price or is another premier area going to be built near the new championship golf courses that will be better than section 84? I agree that it is a crap shoot. Guess one has to do what they believe is best.
That area is definitely a one off.

It's interesting things to watch the Developer takes risks and innovate in the new areas.

Edna's, Sawgrass and now Middleton are recent examples.
Old 09-07-2023, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
That area is definitely a one off.

It's interesting things to watch the Developer takes risks and innovate in the new areas.

Edna's, Sawgrass and now Middleton are recent examples.
His risks do seem to always pay off even when they build near the turnpike or the quarry.
Old 09-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth1980 View Post
On previously owned homes we can negotiate a price with the seller. Buying a new build in TV we are told what the price is after design meetings, and I believe that price is final with no negotiating. What about buying a Spec house from TV, can we negotiate a price on a Spec home? I would think with nearly 300 new builds currently on the market and more being added every few days they would deal on price.
Never! Not even 50 cents. Though as someone else mentioned, if certain homes don’t sell after several months or more, they’ll lower the price by 5000. It’s not always and not many choices, usually bad areas, noisy or whatever for not much savings. They always sell.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Realtors do not know what is coming down the pipeline. Neither do Villages agents.
Then they are not doing their homework.

As stated previously, plenty of evidence for what will materialize the next couple of years.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:30 PM

Will the premier homes be all custom builds?
Old 09-07-2023, 06:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStCatherine View Post
Will the premier homes be all custom builds?
The new reimagined premier models have already been built in Middleton. I went there and asked questions. It seems what you can do is very limited. The tilt wall construction they are currently using is the reason for these limitations. I am going to stay clear of section 84. I believe I will be happier building a home in the areas of Eastport. Just my own personal crap shoot.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
The new reimagined premier models have already been built in Middleton. I went there and asked questions. It seems what you can do is very limited. The tilt wall construction they are currently using is the reason for these limitations. I am going to stay clear of section 84. I believe I will be happier building a home in the areas of Eastport. Just my own personal crap shoot.
We're in the
same boat, waiting for something within walking distance of Eastport. Probably 12-24 months away.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
We're in the
same boat, waiting for something within walking distance of Eastport. Probably 12-24 months away.
I heard the first Village near Eastport is very close to ready. Supposedly, new homes will be available in the Spring. I do not believe the area is within walking distance but close. The village is surrounded by a championship golf course. I think the name of that course is Sugar Creek?
Old 09-08-2023, 01:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,589 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
As we looked at 84, the lots are no where as large as previous Premier neighborhoods. But if one wants to build a house with all 10’ ceilings, and 8’ interior and exterior doors, it only offered in a premier model. One can build same floor plan in a designer, but those two options are no longer offered in a designer.

Which leaves us with waiting, to build again. 84 is in nowhere land right now, but in time that will change. If you are traveling or working in Orlando it’s convenient. Adding up what we would build base premier house at $600,000, another $150,000 in upgrades, view lot roughly $100,000, pool $150,000, and the bond $71,000. Will give some to pause before taking that leap. Of course one could build on an interior, small designer, no pool and be around half that cost. It will be interesting, how 84 will sell out
Old 09-08-2023, 03:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
As we looked at 84, the lots are no where as large as previous Premier neighborhoods. But if one wants to build a house with all 10’ ceilings, and 8’ interior and exterior doors, it only offered in a premier model. One can build same floor plan in a designer, but those two options are no longer offered in a designer.

Which leaves us with waiting, to build again. 84 is in nowhere land right now, but in time that will change. If you are traveling or working in Orlando it’s convenient. Adding up what we would build base premier house at $600,000, another $150,000 in upgrades, view lot roughly $100,000, pool $150,000, and the bond $71,000. Will give some to pause before taking that leap. Of course one could build on an interior, small designer, no pool and be around half that cost. It will be interesting, how 84 will sell out
I agree. But, I believe you will have the same options in the areas closer to Eastport. I can't imagine premier homes will not be built there. But, that is my own crap shoot. I have no knowledge to back it up. Remember, a bond price is determined by the amount of homes built in the section. There are only 121 homes being built in section 84. I can understand the bond price. I just do not see the attraction. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Randall55; 09-08-2023 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-08-2023, 04:52 AM
Veteran member

With new houses selling faster than the sod taking hold why would anyone in their right mind negotiate.
Closed Thread

Tags
price, spec, negotiating, buying, negotiate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.