New on 28 APR and need some info

Closed Thread
Old 04-18-2016, 09:37 AM

Many folks in TV use their cell phone as their primary phone since most renters also have their own cell phone. I'm not familiar with renter's requirements, but the cell phone may be an option with a savings.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Default Dennis

Had Comcast for many years. Internet was good but TV service lousy. Would spend 30 to 45 minutes on phone waiting for help.
Would not go back to Comcast tv even if it was free! Am happy with Direct TV, plus CenturyLink for Internet and phone. It is all bundled and billed by CenturyLink.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:02 PM

The wave of the future is fiber optic cables. Only CenturyLink provides it in our area and they have several "bundle" programs. You will not see better reception and sound. Also, far better internet service due to fiber optics. I would stay away from Comcast because they keep raising prices and require to long of a contract. I would also stay away from Dish (look at the reviews on the internet). CenturyLink Prism is for tv and they also carry DirecTV. Welcome to The Villages.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
If you lose power do your phones continue to work?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you dbussone, I just noticed your question.

We've only lost power once down here and my phones still worked. We were able to call the electric company no problem.

When we lived in Kitty hawk NC we had several outages due to hurricanes and we had centurylink up there also and never lost the phones. The longest we were without power was 4 days. Our neighbors that evacuated kept in touch so we could update them. Luckily we were also in an area that had underground utilities.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Unfortunately Comcast does not provide phone in my area-just internet and cable....or so the zombie on the phone said today. I'll give CenturyLink a call tomorrow. Thanks!
We do not use a land line. Everyone has a cell now a days
Old 04-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Default internet bundle

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Hi,

I called 3 places today to arrange internet, TV, and phone. I haven't found anyone who provides all 3 as a package. So far I don't know who can provide a telephone land line. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
I used Comcast. all of them have "horror" stories about service issues. the installation was a communication snafoo from PA where I moved from. otherwise It has been trouble free for 6 months. I like the village cable station that is available. guest find it a hoot
WELCOME to the villages
Old 04-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We do not use a land line. Everyone has a cell now a days
We have 4 landlines in our house. Would not be without one.

We have a (basic) tracfone for emergencies only when on the road.

Tags
arrange, internet, phone, today, seasonally, called, places, land, telephone, provide, line, advance, suggestions, rent, found, package, move, months, lurking, picked, bit, walters, apr, info, nick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.