New Homeowners

Closed Thread
Old 08-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Default New Homeowners

My wife and I are .....finally moving to TV. Just this week we finalized our purchase of a Whispering Pine II in Hemingway. Lot's to do before our closing by mail on Sept. 21. We plan on moving down everything we have (assuming our home sells here in Kansas City) sometime in October. We are excited to begin this new adventure. Any suggestions for making our transition go smoooooth?

Don and Mary Ann Hughes
Old 08-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Congratulations on your new home!!!
I hope you sell your house very soon and everything goes smoothly.

As far as advice on the transition...all I can say is one day at a time, dont stress and my favorite is "baby steps". Altho I know it is easier said than done...but you have a goal to see your new home being built...so I am sure you will do great! .
Old 08-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jeanie Beanie. Our new home is already built and ready for us to close and move in. We are looking forward to enjoying the lifestyle we have been a part of vacationing in TV the past three years.

Last edited by Card Peddler; 08-22-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 AM

Congratulations...we too have finalized the purchase of our home in Hemingway and looking forward to relocating early in 2010. We plan to spend weekends between now and then preparing for our permanent move. My husband is looking forward to getting involved in the deep sea fishing club; I hope to find a singing group and voice teacher. If anyone has advice on those points, it would be welcomed!
Old 08-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Veteran member

We are building our home in Hemingway as well. We move in on Nov. 5th. We are very excited to be able to watch our home being built. We sold our house first before we even came down here. Couldn't take the chance that it wouldn't sell, particularly in the Detroit market. We are renting until our house is built. We left our stuff in storage up in Michigan. We'll go back and get it with a U-Haul the week before we close, and roll into town on our closing date.

dblwyr - I am auditioning for the Village Voices tomorrow. They are a choir with 140 members. They perform broadway, pop, jazz etc...Don't know if this is the kind of singing group that you are talking about. I know there is a Sweet Adeline's group, and also a choir that performs more classical stuff but I don't know what they are called.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 PM

This is exactly the kind of group I am looking for. I sing with the Nova Singers in the Fort Lauderdale area, and I bet some of the Village Voices are former Nova Singers. Let me know how it goes...it's just what I will be looking for.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.